The West Australian & Oasis Umbrella World – Win a Weber® Genesis® Ii Lx E340 for Your Outdoor Entertaining (prize valued at $1,999)
Oasis Umbrella World
‘Win a Weber® Genesis® II LX E340′
Terms and Conditions
1. Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained within the
promotional advertisements form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, in
this promotion entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Only valid entries submitted online at thewest.com.au/competitions between 12.01am
Monday 15 January 2018 and 11.59pm Friday 19 January 2018 are eligible. All entry
fields must be completed and have the correct code word to be considered a valid entry.
3. Entry is open to all residents of Western Australia 18 years and over. Photo identification
may be required upon collection of the prize.
4. The prize winner draw will take place at Newspaper House, 50 Hasler Road, Osborne
Park at 10.00am on Monday January 22, 2018.
The first valid entry drawn at random and will be deemed the winner and will receive the
following major prize:
Weber® Genesis® II LX E340 LPG
Value: $1,999.00RRP SKU: K61014324
5. The major prize winner will be notified by email after the prize draw. If the winner cannot
be contacted by 10am Wednesday January 24, 2018 the prize will be forfeited and
another winner will be drawn.
6. Prize collection:
The major prize winner will be put in contact with a representative from the prize provider
Oasis Umbrella World to arrange collection. Free delivery is available within the Perth
Metro Area. (As defines by Map 1: Perth Metropolitan Region, published by the
Government of WA Department of Water, March 2009) Areas in Western Australia where
Oasis Umbrella World are unable to provide a delivery service will need to arrange
collection or delivery privately.
7. The prize must be taken as supplied and is neither redeemable for cash nor transferable.
No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize.
8. The major prize must be claimed and collection arranged by April 30, 2018.
9. The major prize includes full 10 year manufactures warranty, for full details please
request from prize provider when arranging collection.
10. Winner will be announced on The Oasis Umbrella World Facebook page. It is a condition
of entry that the prize winner agree to have their name and suburb published in paper or
online for publicity purposes. By participating in this competition, participants signify their
acceptance of all terms and conditions, and the requirement to participate in promotional
activity if required.
11. All contestants release from, and indemnify West Australian Newspaper Limited against,
all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation
in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and
damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some
negligent act or omission or otherwise.
12. West Australian Newspaper Limited and associated agencies accept no responsibility for
any loss, damage, accident, death or injury resulting from the promotion.
13. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any individual who the promoters believes
have breached any of these terms and conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other
improper misconduct. The Promoters have legal rights to recover damages or other
compensation from such an offender.
14. The Promoters’ decision will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will
be entered into. The Promoters reserve the right to limit entry or amend rules if
considered necessary without notice.
15. The Promoters reserve the right to reasonably amend or vary these terms and conditions
at it deems necessary at its sole discretion, orally or in writing.
16. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or
significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates
and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to
vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike,
war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition
and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
17. West Australian Newspapers and its associated agencies and companies will take no
responsibility for defective prizes or prizes damaged or lost in transit, or late, lost or
18. West Australian Newspapers and its associated agencies and companies will not be
liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to
consequential loss) or claim that may occur:
i. during entry into the competition
ii. during the judging;
iii. whilst undertaking any travel connected with their entry into the Competition;
iv. in accepting of or participating in the prize;
v. as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail;
vi. due to the publication of any material, including any statements made by any
compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person;
vii. in relation to failure of an entry to be received by the Promoter on account of
technical problems, website or phone anomalies, or traffic congestion; or
viii. to entrant or any other person’s computer software, computer equipment or
data, or internet connection resulting from or related to participation in this
ix. any technical difficulties, technical error or equipment malfunction (whether or
not under the Promoter’s control);
x. any error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay, defect, theft, unauthorised
access or third party interference.
19. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes
including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures
or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the
administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the
Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers
with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate,
modify or suspend the Competition, subject to state government legislation.
20. The Entrant consents to the use by West Australian Newspapers Limited, its related
corporations (as defined by the Corporations Act 2001), of the Entrant’s details and
acknowledges that West Australian Newspapers Limited and related corporations may, at
their discretion disclose and use those details for the purpose of providing them with
goods or services, communicating with Entrants, planning, research, product and
business development and sales, the competition and marketing (whether target, direct or
indirect) of their businesses, services or products or those of a third party which it
believes may be of benefit to them.
21. If an Entrant does not want their details to be used for the purposes stated in the above
clause please write to The West Australian email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to
Privacy Officer, GPO Box D162 Perth WA 6840 and West Australian Newspapers Limited
will ensure that the details are not used for that purpose.
22. The details will also be used to investigate complaints, as required or permitted by any
law, to enable West Australian Newspapers Limited to perform their obligations under this
or any other agreement and to ensure that an Entrant performs their obligations under
this or any other agreement.
23. To access personal information kept by Seven West Media please refer to the Privacy
Policy. Please note that information will only be provided to the person detailed and
current photographic identification may be required prior to the release of any personal
25. On completion of the prize draw, all entries will be stored for a 12 month period at The
West Australian. This is a mandatory requirement of the Gaming and Wagering
Commission Act 1987.
26. The promoters are West Australian Newspapers Limited Group of 50 Hasler Road,
Osborne Park, WA 6017, (ABN 98 008 667 632).