JB HiFi John Carpenter Classics – Win 1 of 60 Limited Edition Film Posters Signed By Matt Ferguson (prize valued at $9,000)
Visit https://www.jbhifi.com.au/competitions/ for full terms and to enter. Open to residents of Australia only.
One entry permitted per Eligible Purchase. Pre-Order or Purchase a film from John Carpenter’s Cult Classics Rage
(Escape From New York DA17401/BDA17401/BDUHD17401, They Live DP11769/BD11769/BDUHD11769, The
Fog DA18083/BDA18083/BDUHD18083, Prince of Darkness DA11679/BDA11679/BDUHD11679) (Eligible
Purchase) at JB Hi-Fi for a chance to WIN 1 of 60 Limited Edition Film Posters signed by Matt Ferguson.
Competition opens 09:30am AEDT on 01/04/2019 and closes at 11.59pm AEST on 21/04/2019. Total prize pool
is at a maximum of $9000.00. Winner drawn at JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd (ABN 37 093 114 286) of Level 4, Office
Tower 2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148 on 23/04/2019 9:30am AEST.
Winner will be contacted by email and published at https://www.jbhifi.com.au/competitions/ on 25/04/2019
for 28 days. The Promoter is JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd (ABN 37 093 114 286) of Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone
Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148. Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPM/14/01133.
ACT Permit No. TP 14/03687
JOHN CARPENTER COMPETITION – WIN 1 OF 60 SIGNED POSTERS!
Terms and Conditions
1. The Promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. The Promoter is
JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd (ACN 093 114 286) of Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone
Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148.
2. Promotion commences on 1 April 2019 at 09:30am AEDT and ends 21 April 2019 at 11:59pm AEST
(Promotional Period). Sixty (60) winners (the Winners) will receive the following:
i. 1 x Limited Edition Film Poster signed by Matt Ferguson- Total Maximum Value of $150.
3. To be eligible to enter the Promotion, entrants must be Australian residents and, during the
a. pre-order or purchase a film from John Carpenter’s Cult Classics Rage (Escape From New York
DA17401/BDA17401/BDUHD17401, They Live DP11769/BD11769/BDUHD11769, The Fog
DA18083/BDA18083/BDUHD18083, Prince of Darkness DA11679/BDA11679/BDUHD11679)
from JB Hi-Fi in-store or via the online website (Eligible Purchase); and
b. visit https://www.jbhifi.com.au/johncarpenter and:
i. fill out the entry form, providing their first name, surname, email & phone number;
ii. input the online order number or store receipt number;
iii. in 25 words or less tell us ‘what is your favourite John Carpenter film & why?’ and
iv. agree to the competition’s terms and conditions.
4. Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof
of purchase when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of
an entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to the Prize. The purchase receipt must clearly specify the
store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
5. This promotion is a game of skill and entries will be judged on originality, creativity, literary merit and
suitability. Winner will be drawn by JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd (ABN 37 093 114 286) of Level 4, Office Tower
2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148.
6. There will be a total of sixty (60) winners.
7. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winner will be contacted by email within 2 business days of the draw. The name of the winner will
be published at https://www.jbhifi.com.au/competitions/ from 23 April 2019 for 28 days.
9. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and
Conditions must be read together with the terms provided on the Promotion entry page. In the event
of any conflict, the terms on the entry page supersede any conflicting terms in these Terms and
10. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical
disruptions or for any other reason.
11. Entry is limited to one per purchase of a film from John Carpenter’s Cult Classics Rage (Escape From
New York DA17401/BDA17401/BDUHD17401, They Live DP11769/BD11769/BDUHD11769, The Fog
DA18083/BDA18083/BDUHD18083, Prince of Darkness DA11679/BDA11679/BDUHD11679) from a
participating JB Hi-Fi retailer nationally. Any additional entries citing the same receipt number and
barcode will be disqualified. Employees of the Promoter, their partners, agents and suppliers associated
with the Promotion and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Incomplete, indecipherable
or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
12. Any entrant under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parent or legal guardian before
entering the Promotion.
13. Entry into the Promotion is free. Any costs associated with accessing the entry page are the
responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an
entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that
is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or with the terms on the entry page or who
tampers with the entry process.
15. The Promoter will attempt to notify the winner after each draw referred to in clause 5 within two
business days of the draw. Contact will be made via personal email.
16. If the Promoter is unable to contact a winner after having made reasonable efforts to do so using the
information provided on the winner’s online entry form, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify
the entry, in which case clause 17 will apply.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of a winner not being an Eligible Entrant, not
having complied with these Terms and Conditions or not being able to be contacted by the Promoter
after the Promoter having made reasonable efforts to do so. If a redraw is necessary, it will be
conducted by JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd (ABN 37 093 114 286) of Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone Place,
Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148 on 16 July 2019 at 11:00am AEST, subject to any
written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause 18
will be notified by email within one business days of the draw and their names will be published online
at https://www.jbhifi.com.au/competitions/ from 18 July 2019 for 28 days.
18. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter and Prize suppliers
using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are the winner (including
photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without
remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting
any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or Prize suppliers
associated with the Promotion.
19. If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as anticipated due
to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its
sole discretion, subject to State and Territory legislation and to the fullest extent permitted by law (a)
to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion. The Promoter
reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize is for some
20. The details contained in your entry are protected by security safeguards as detailed in the Promoter’s
personal information will only be disclosed to the Promoter and its related bodies corporate for these
purposes. Your personal information will only be disclosed to any third party to the extent necessary
to fulfil the Prize and for no other reason without your consent.
21. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant’s
responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any personal information should
be directed to the Promoter.
22. The total Prize pool is valued at up to $9000.00. Prize value is based upon the recommended retail
prices at the opening date of the Promotion (inclusive of GST).
23. The Winner should seek independent financial advice as tax implications may arise from accepting the
24. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. If for any reason the Winner does
not take the Prize or an element of the Prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize or
that element of the Prize will be forfeited.
25. If the Promotion is communicated about or administered on Facebook it is in no way sponsored,
endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrant information is provided to the
Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any liability in
connection with this Promotion.
26. Entrants acknowledge that the Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by
third parties. The Winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior
to taking the Prize.
27. The Promoter, its partners and agents, and the prize suppliers make no representations or warranties
as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the Prizes. To
the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its partners and agents, and the prize suppliers are not
liable for any loss or damage suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate
or negligent, by the Promoter or its partners and agents, or the prize suppliers or its or their employees,
in connection with the supply of goods and services to the Winner and their guest. This clause does not
affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law. To the
fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter, its partners and agents, and the prize
suppliers for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the Prize supplied
28. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of winners may be used for promotional
purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting
their prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their personal information provided in connection
with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any
prizes (including by disclosing their personal information to Permitz Group Pty Ltd who will hold and
use such informational only for the purposes of conducting the draws anticipated in 6 and/or 18. A copy
of Permitz Group’s privacy statement is available at http://www.permitzgroup.com.au/Privacy.pdf) and
any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct direct marketing activities. The Promoter may also
disclose the winners’ personal information to the prize suppliers for the purpose of providing the prize.
Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this
promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is
available at http://www.jbhifi.com.au/popups/privacystatement.html
29. Lottery permit numbers: NSW Permit No. LTPM/14/01133. ACT Permit No. TP 14/03687