Good Food – 12 Days Of Christmas Competitions – Win a $200 Good Food Gift Card
Fairfax Media Ltd
Good Food – 12 Days of Good Food Christmas
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia only. However, employees and their immediate families of Fairfax Media Ltd and their associated agencies, and companies connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
4. The competition commences on 6 December, 2013 at 1:30pm (AEDT) and concludes on 17 December, 2013 at 11:59pm (AEDT)
5. To enter participants must go to goodfood.com.au and click through to the 12 Days of Christmas promotion page, highlighted in the right hand side of the page, and answer the competition question by posting a comment on the promotion page.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants in the competition may enter once per day of the competition period. Entries will remain valid throughout the entire promotion period. E.g., An entry made on Day 1 of the promotion, is eligible to win on any of the 12 days of the promotion.
9. Judging will take place daily, at Fairfax Media, 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW. Judging for any promotional days that fall on a weekend will take place on the next business day.
10. Only winning entries will be published as comments on the promotion page. Please check back daily to see each day’s winners.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
13. Entries must be received by 11:59pm (AEDT) on December 17, 2013. The time of entry will in each case be the time the comment is sent. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including delays in the sending of the comment due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. Comments generated by a computer and not attributable to a valid Fairfax Digital account are invalid and will not be accepted.
14. The cost of entering the competition will be dependant on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
15. There will be sixty (60) major winners for Australia, five (5) per day for the twelve (12) days of the promotional period. Each winner will each win the following prize:
• One (1) Good Food Gift Card to the value of $200, to be used at one of the participating Good Food Gift Card restaurants throughout Australia.
16. The prize is available to be redeemed at a participating Good Food Gift Card restaurant throughout Australia. For a list of participating restaurants, please visit: http://goodfoodgiftcard.com.au/Restaurants/Search
17. Use of the Good Food Gift Card is subject to the terms and conditions of the card laid out at: http://goodfoodgiftcard.com.au/Terms.
18. Good Food Gift Cards must be activated prior to use as per instructions on the back of the card. You have three months to activate your Good Food Gift Card. To activate your card go online to the Website (www.goodfoodgiftcard.com.au) and follow the prompts by entering the card details. Once activated, funds are available 12pm the following business day, and will expire 12 months from activation date.
19. Prizes will be posted to the winner’s nominated postal address, as registered in their Fairfax Digital account membership.
20. By entering this competition, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the major prize should they be chosen as winners. The winners release the promoter and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the major prize or any other aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize.
21. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
22. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with The Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
23. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
24. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. Each valid entrant will be judged by a selected judging panel from the Good Food editorial team. The judges will select winning entries, based on the most creative response to the competition question: what is your favourite food memory of the festive season?
26. Prizes will only be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. Facebook account holder). The winner will therefore be, in each case, the account holder.
27. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
28. Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed major prize draw will take place at Fairfax Media, One Darling Island Road, Pyrmont, NSW, on Monday, January 20 at 10:30am (AEDT).
29. The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
30. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. By accepting the prize, you agree that you have read and understand the relevant terms and conditions of the Good Food Gift Card, as outlined here: http://goodfoodgiftcard.com.au/Terms
31. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
32. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
33. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
34. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
35. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
36. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
37. The Promoter is Fairfax Media Ltd, (ABN: 15 008 663 161) of 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009.