Australian Wine Selectors – Battle of the Vines – Win 1 of 5 prize packs of wine valued at up to $348
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Information on how to enter and details of the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
Promotion commences at 12:00am AEDST on 19/06/2018 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEDST on 22/07/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
4. To receive one (1) entry into the draw, individuals must complete the following entry method during the Promotional Period:
Promotional Email (only available to individuals who receive a promotional email about this promotion directly from the Promoter): click on the link provided in the promotional email to access the entry form, fully complete the entry form with all of the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period; OR
Online: visit either (i) the Promoter’s website at
www.wineselectors.com.au/battleofthevines/competition; or (ii) any affiliated website as advertised by the Promoter, follow the prompts to the promotional entry page, input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period; OR
Social Media: visit one (1) of the Promoter’s social media accounts (either Instagram, Facebook or Twitter) and click on a post or advertisement relating to this promotion by the Promoter on one (1) of those platforms, input the requested details (including their full name, phone number, post code and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period. Promotional posts and advertisements may not be available throughout the entire Promotional Period and will be made available at the Promoter’s absolute discretion; OR 5.Incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid 6. Only one (1) entry permitted per person. 7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. 8.If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant. 9. There will be five (5) minor draws conducted for this promotion, with entries closing for each minor draw on the dates outlined below. Entries from each minor draw (excluding minor draw winners) will be rolled over into each subsequent minor draw. The minor draws will take place at Wine Selectors, 1 Wright Lane Newcastle NSW 2300. The minor draws will be on the following dates at 3pm (local NSW time): 10.
Entries close at 11.59pm AEST
Unclaimed Prize draw
11. The winners will be notified via phone and in writing within two (2) business days of each draw. The winners’ names for the major prize and minor prizes will also be published online at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/competitions/competition-winners from 30/07/2018 for the minor prizes as per the dates in the table above. Winner’s names will also be published on the Promoter’s social media channels including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. MINOR PRIZES Prize includes each of the packs outlined below.
Week 1 Prize: 6-pack x Chardonnay valued at $348
Week 2 Prize: 6-pack x Pinot Noir valued at $279.90
Week 3 Prize: 6-pack x Cab Sauv / Shiraz valued at $310.50
Week 4 Prize: 6-pack x Great Whites valued at $287
Week 5 Prize: 6-pack x Sexy Reds valued at $204.50
14. All wines contained in the minor prize packs will be awarded in one delivery batch, at the six (6) week mark, for winners drawn by that date.
15. No more than 20 litres of alcohol will be won by New South Wales residents.
16. Total prize pool value is up to AU$1,428.90.
17. All other costs (except for those mentioned as included) associated with a prize or taking of a prize will be the responsibility of the prize winner. Each prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
18. In the event that a prize (or part of a prize) is/are not available, the Promoter and their prize suppliers reserve the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) in their discretion to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification, subject to any written directions by a regulatory authority.
19. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at www.nhmrc.gov.au.
20. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take or claim a prize (or an element of a prize), by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
21. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
23. The prizes, or any unused portion of the prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
24. A draw for the major prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 31/10/2018 and draws for the minor prizes, if unclaimed, may take place as mentioned on the table above (clause 9) at the same time and place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner/s will be notified via phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner/s name/s will also be published online at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/competitions/competition-winners from 02/11/2018.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
26. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
27. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website or the Internet in relation to this promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, illness or death; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if a promotional stand is not present or is relocated for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking/use of the prize (or part of a prize) and/or failure to receive delivery of the prize and/or failing to store and use the prize in accordance with directions.
31. As a condition of accepting the major prize, the winner and his/her companions must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
32. The Promoter is Australian Wine Selectors Pty Ltd (ABN 64 056 402 772) of 1 Wright Lane, Honeysuckle, Newcastle NSW 2300. Telephone: 1300 303 307.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/25785