APN Newspapers – Win A Romantic Port Douglas Escape For Themselves And (prize valued at $3,800)
We’re giving one lucky reader the chance to win a romantic Port Douglas escape for themselves and
their partner worth over $3,800!
You could enjoy four nights in a one bedroom villa at QT Port Douglas with cocktails on arrival, breakfast each morning, a romantic six-course dinner for two and a spectacular catamaran cruise – plus flights and transfers from Cairns airport.
Although the form invites you to enter again after your first entry terms say:
20. Entrants can enter online once and only one (1) prize will be awarded.
Terms and Conditions – Win a Romantic Weekend Escape
1. The promoter of the Competition is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd (the Promoter) registered at Cnr Mayne Road and Campbell Street, Bowen Hills. ABN 21 009 657 943, telephone number (07) 3327 3304. Authorised under Permit NSW/LTPS/17/16830.
2. The Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Queensland and New South Wales residing in their local newspaper distribution area (refer Clause 14).
5. Those entrants not eligible to enter include employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies.
6. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
7. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry to be eligible to enter the competition.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
9. The competition commences on Saturday August 26, 2017 at 12:00:01am AEST and concludes on Friday September 8, 2017 at 11:59pm AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
10. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to enter
12. The details of how to enter the competition are set out online at the newspaper masthead websites outlined in Clause 13, from Saturday August 26, 2017.
13. Entrants must log on the website of their local newspaper (see listing) and register their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, date of birth, post code, telephone number,
e-mail address to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
Ø Entrants must enter via their local newspaper website listed below.
Gympie – www.gympietimes.com.au/romance/
Ipswich – www.qt.com.au/romance/
Sunshine Coast – www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/romance/
Toowoomba – www.thechronicle.com.au/romance/
Warwick – www.warwickdailynews.com.au/romance/
Bundaberg – www.news-mail.com.au/romance/
Wide Bay – www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/romance/
Gladstone – www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/romance/
Mackay – www.dailymercury.com.au/romance/
Rockhampton – www.themorningbulletin.com.au/romance/
Grafton – www.dailyexaminer.com.au/romance/
Lismore – www.northernstar.com.au/romance/
Coffs Harbour – www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/romance/
14. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
15. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
16. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
17. An entrant’s entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
(d) The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
18. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
20. Entrants can enter online once and only one (1) prize will be awarded.
Draw and Notification of winner
21. The winner will be the first valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by APN Newspapers Pty Ltd by random computer selection at APN Newspaper Pty Ltd, Newscorp Office, 28 Mayne Road, Bowen Hills Qld, 4006, by random computer selection at 10:00am AEST, Monday September 11, 2017.
22. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
23. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoters will not enter in to correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoters makes in connection with the Promotion.
24. The winner will be notified by telephone and the winner’s details will be published in the following newspapers on Wednesday September 13, 2017.
The Gympie Times
Sunshine Coast Daily
Warwick Daily News
Fraser Coast Chronicle
The Daily Mercury
The Morning Bulletin
The Daily Examiner
Coffs Coast Advocate
25. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
26. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
27. Subject to State Regulation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place (where applicable) at APN Nespapers Pty Ltd, News Corp office, 28 Mayne Road, Bowen Hills Qld 4006 on Wednesday November 29, 2017 at10:00am AEST. The winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone within two days of that draw. Winners details will be published in each of the newpaper titles listed at Clause 24, within 14 days of the draw.
Prizes on offer
28. Individual prize value is up to $3,900.00 (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to $3,900.00 (including GST) as at commencement of the competition, Saturday August 26, 2017. The winner will receive:
Major Prize – Romantic Getaway for two (2) adults; prize includes –:
Four (4) nights’ accommodation in a spacious one (1) Bedroom Villa at QT Port Douglas;
Welcome cocktails at the Estilo Lounge Bar;
Daily Breakfast for two (2) adults at Bazaar Restaurant;
Two luxurious 60-minute Spa Treatments at spaQ;
Flames of the Forest dinner experience for two adults that includes a 6-course dinner and beverages as well as pick up and drop off at QT;
Cruise for two to Low Isles aboard a sailing catamaran, Wavedancer;
Return Airport Shuttle transfers from Cairns;
The winner and their companion (excepting if the winner is from Cairns and Townsville) will receive return economy domestic flights to the value of $1,200.00 from their nearest domestic airport;
The prize is valid until September 2018;
The prize is for the accommodation as specified and the inclusions stated in these terms and conditions, and does not include any further accommodation, meals, beverages, trips, excursions or Mini Bar purchases;
The winner is responsible for transport from their home destination to their local domestic airport and return;
The winner and their companion must travel at the same time and flights cannot be split;
Bookings to secure the package cannot be made in National School Holidays 2017/2018; nor can bookings be made from December 24, 2017 to January 4, 2018 (inclusive); or Easter 2018.
The accommodation, flights and all other parts of the prize is subject to availability and is valid until September 30, 2018.
Further information regarding the accommodation can be located at www.qthotelsandresorts.com/port-douglas/
29. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize value is based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
30. Flight availability is dependent on the winner’s departure city and their current flight schedule.
31. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel for all incidental charges.
32. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they cannot be altered.
33. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
34. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
35. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
36. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
37. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
Further Terms and Conditions
38. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
39. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
40. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with accessing the promotional website. Access to that site is dependent on the Internet service provider.
41. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
42. An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability.
43. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
44. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
45. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses (where applicable) provided by competition entrants. If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
46. The prize is for the specified dates of the event only. If the winner (for whatever reason) is unable to travel or does not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the major prize. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties about the attendance at the event of any individuals or groups involved in the marketing of the event.
47. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
48. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter’s publications or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
49. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
50. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
51. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
52. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
53. All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
54. All entries become the property of The Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). Entry details may be entered in a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By entering the competition, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out in Clause 1. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
55. The Promoter collects the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). If you are not willing for this to occur, you cannot participate in the promotion.
56. The Promoter collects information about you, including for example your name and contact details which you provide when registering or using our services as well as information from data houses, social media services, our affiliates and other entities you deal or interact with for example by using their services.
58. We may disclose your information to our related companies, including those located outside Australia. Any of us may contact you for those purposes (including by email and SMS) at any time. We may also disclose your information to our service and content providers, including those located outside Australia. If you do not provide us with requested information we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services you require.
59. We may disclose your personal information to authorities if you are a prize winner or otherwise as required by law.