Win a Trip To France 2014 Competition
Terms and Conditions
News Life Media Pty Ltd
Win a Trip to France – The Hundred Foot Journey
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia who are 18 years of age or over. However, employees and their immediate families of News Life Media Pty Ltd and The Walt Disney Company Australia and New Zealand, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Thursday 7 August 2014 at 00:01 (AEST) and concludes on Wednesday 24th September 2014 at 23:59 (AEST) (“Promotional Period”).
4. The competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
5. To enter, Participants must visit Taste.com.au/hundredfootjourney and tell us, in 25 words or less, “What cuisine inspires your cooking the most and why?”
6. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Entrants may only enter once based on their full name
8. Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEST) on Wednesday 24th September 2014. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by Taste.com.au. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
9. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
10. There are one (1) Prize packs to be won. Each Prize pack contains:
a) return economy flights for two (2) adults to Nice, France and Six (6) nights, seven (7) days accommodation at a 4-Star Hotel in Cannes, France, with breakfast daily, collectively valued at a maximum amount of AU$9,454.00;
b) Return transfers from Nice Airport to Cannes valued at a maximum amount of AU$434.00;
c) Guided Tour of the South of France in a six hour minibus tour valued at a maximum amount of AU$723.00;
d) Bistro Cooking Class valued at a maximum amount of AU$606.00;
e) French Pastry Cooking Course valued at a maximum amount of AU$606.00;
f) Lunch for Two @ Private Beach Club Zplage valued at a maximum amount of AU$506.00;
g) Dinner for Two at world-famous La Colombe D’or valued at a maximum amount of AU$416.00; and
h) Travel Insurance for two (2) people valued at a maximum amount of AU$362.00,
Total Prize pool value is $13,107.00 (inc GST)
11. Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash, unless cash is specified.
12. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
13. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
14. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
17. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
18. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
19. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
20. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the prize determination. One (1) valid entrant will be judged based on originality and creative merit by a panel of judges from News Life Media, to become the winners. The prize determination will take place at News Life Media Pty Ltd (ABN: 57 088 923 906) of Level 1, 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010, Australia, on Thursday 25th September, 2014 at 15:30 (AEST).
21. The winners will be notified within 2 weeks of the prize determination. The winners will be notified of their prize in via email and phone call.
22. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. internet service provider).
23. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
24. The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
25. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
26. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
27. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
28. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
29. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
30. News Life Media Pty Ltd, and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserve the right to take any action that may be available.
31. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
32. All entries and the intellectual property in them become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may use any content (in whole or in part) from the entries including reproducing (in any media and with or without accreditation as to the author) the response to the 25 words or less question in promotion, marketing or other materials. The Promoter may authorise others to use any of the rights which it has as owner of the intellectual property in the entries.
33. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that its entries are the original work of the entrant and that the exercise by the Promoter of its rights under clause 48 will not breach the rights of any other person.
34. The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information to assist the Promoter in providing its products or services to its customers including entrants, to process competition entries, and to improve its products and services. Failure to provide the information requested will prevent a person from being able to enter this competition.
35. The Promoter or any of its Australian related companies may be in touch by any means (including email or SMS) at any time to let an entrant know about goods, services, or promotions which may be of interest to the entrant. The Promoter may also share entrant’s information with other persons or entities who assist the Promoter in providing its services, running competitions or with other companies who provide prizes for competitions or reader offers. If an entrant elects to receive marketing materials from third parties, as part of the competition entry process, then their personal information will be provided to those third parties for marketing purposes and those third parties will use and handle that personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
36. The Promoter is part of a global media and entertainment company. The Promoter would like to share entrants’ information with these overseas-related companies so that they can contact entrants with special offers. If you would prefer us not to, please contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Privacy Officer, NewsLifeMedia, Level 1, 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010. You can gain access to your personal information by contacting our privacy officer.
37. The Promoter is News Life Media Pty Ltd (ABN: 57 088 923 906) of Level 1, 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010, Australia.