Network Ten – Neighbours – Win a French Dining Experience in Melbourne valued at $5,200 including a trip for 2 to Melbourne
NEIGHBOURS | Win a French Dining Experience in Melbourne Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia eighteen years and older. However, employees and their immediate families of Network TEN and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
4. The competition commences on Wednesday 1 November, 2017 at 12:00 noon (AEDT) and concludes on Wednesday 8 November, 2017 at 12.00pm (AEDT).
5. The competition will be advertised on but not limited to Channel ELEVEN and www.tenplay.com.au.
6. To enter, participants must
a. watch Neighbours 6.30 pm on Channel Eleven and look for the advertised Code Word between Wednesday 1 November and Tuesday 7 November, 2017; and
b. log onto www.tenplay.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) name, address, phone number, e-mail address, plus
c. answer the question in 25 words or less
7. Code words will be announced during the prime time broadcast of Neighbours daily, currently scheduled to air each day at 6.30 pm local time, from Wednesday 1 November, 2017 to Tuesday 7 November, 2017 inclusive. Each Code Word is valid until the next code word is announced. The last Code Word, announced on Tuesday 7 November, 2017 will be valid until the competition closes on Wednesday 8 November, 2017 at 11:59pm AEDT.
8. If for any reason during the Competition Period any Neighbours episodes do not go to air, the promotional code word is not displayed during any Neighbours episode, or any Neighbours prime time episode is rescheduled, the promotional code word may be made available on the Channel Eleven Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Eleven at a time to be determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion.
9. Entries will only be considered valid if the correct Code Word has been provided for the corresponding broadcast period. Any entry submitted with a Code Word that has expired, due to a new code word being announced, will be deemed invalid.
10. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
11. Entrants may only enter once per person per day.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill or store receipt for purchase requirement) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting,
inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses to register single or multiple entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
14. Entries must be received by 12.00pm (AEDT) on Wednesday 8 November, 2017. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
15. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
16. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent upon the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
17. One (1) Major Prize Winner and their companion will receive:
Two (2) x return economy airfares to Melbourne, Victoria, from the winners nearest
Australian capital city; and
Two (2) x night’s accommodation in a King Room at a 5-star hotel in Melbourne
CDB, issued as an accommodation voucher; and
A voucher for dinner for two (2) people at Bistro Guillaume in Melbourne, must be
redeemed by 30 May, 2018 and is subject to availability.
18. Total prize value is up to $5,200.00 (including GST)
19. Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
20. The Major winner and their companions are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
21. The Major winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth). If the winner resides in Queensland then the flight component of the prize will not be included and the winner and their travelling companion will be responsible for making their way to and from the hotel. No compensation for the flights will be forthcoming.
22. If the winner is under the age of 18 as at the date of the judging date, an adult must accompany the minor in the participation of the prize.
23. The prize must be taken by 30 May, 2018 and is subject to hotel, flight and restaurant availability. The prize is not available during the blackout dates (including but not limited to school holidays, 27 December 2017 – 7 January, 2018) or as outlined by the promoter and cannot be changed once the booking has been made. No extension to the validity date of the prize will be permitted under any circumstances. Notice of intent to travel must be received at least 30 days prior to the winner’s proposed travel dates. Any alterations to confirmed details within 7 days of arrival will be at the expense of the prize winner.
24. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from
25. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
26. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s.
27. Network TEN makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
28. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
29. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
30. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
31. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
32. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize. The winner accepts that personal photographs may be limited and are subject to agreement by the production company on the day of the set visit.
33. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
34. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
35. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
36. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
37. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
38. If the competition winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian. The winner and their parent or guardian may be required to sign a
prize transfer form to formalise the transfer.
39. Winners will be judged from all entries received throughout the promotional period and one Major winner will be selected by a judging panel at Network TEN at 1 Saunders St, Pyrmont NSW 2009 from 11.00 am AEDT on Wednesday 8 November, 2017. The Winner will be the Entrant who, in the sole opinion of the judges, has submitted the most creative and original 25 words or less answer to the question found on the entry form and includes a valid Code Word. The Prize Winner will be notified by telephone and/or in writing within 2 days of the Prize Determination Date.
40. The judge’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result
41. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry.
42. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
43. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Major Prize winner. If the prize remains unclaimed or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by 10am on Tuesday 14 November 2017, the prize will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best meets the judging criteria and includes a valid Code Word excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize. This Unclaimed Major Prize Determination will take place at Network TEN at 1 Saunders St, Pyrmont NSW 2009 from 10.01 am on Thursday16 November, 2017. The winner of the Unclaimed Major Prize Determination will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize Determination.
44. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
45. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
46. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions
47. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
48. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
49. Network TEN and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
50. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition
51. You consent to Network TEN, The Promoter, collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to third party service providers for this purpose. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published under the relevant lottery legislation, if required. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
53. The Promoter is Network TEN (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders St, Pyrmont NSW 2009.