Channel Ten – Studio 10 Competition
Page 1 of 5
Studio 10 Interval Weight Loss Challenge with Dr Nick Fuller
Terms and Conditions
1. Network Ten Pty Limited, (Network Ten) and Dr Nick Fuller (“the Promoters”), will be
hosting an INTERVAL WEIGHT LOSSTM Challenge (IWLC) to find participants (Applicants)
who are willing to work with Dr Nick Fuller for a period of 12 months implementing Dr Nick
Fuller’s Interval Weight LossTM Challenge.
2. There will be three phases to this application process:
a. Applicant entry phase
b. Shortlisting of five (5) Applicants,
c. Successfully selected Applicants will take part in the IWLC under the supervision of Dr
Nick Fuller over a 12-month period.
3. Applicants agree that Studio 10 producers, Dr Nick Fuller and/or their representatives will
have the right to vet the applicants, contact any applicant and call/email the Applicant
if they are considered an appropriate Applicant.
4. Applicants agree to the following;
i. To be filmed live in studio on body weight scales and to consent the sharing of
any related medical data such as blood tests showing cholesterol level and
blood sugar level as part of the broadcast;
ii. To be filmed in your private residence including fridge and pantry;
iii. To be taken and filmed grocery shopping;
iv. To commit to an eating plan;
v. To be filmed in your home cooking meals;
vi. To be filmed in your day-to-day life, including friends and families;
vii. To be put onto an exercise plan which will be filmed during training;
viii. To be available to travel to Studio 10 studios at Network TEN, Pyrmont, NSW,
once a month to weigh in and for an updates;
ix. To be committed to the above for a minimum of 12 months.
5. Applications will open at Wednesday 22nd November, 2017 at 0800 AEDT and close at
15.00 AEDT on Sunday 10 December, 2017.
6. Applicants, if they are selected to participate in the IWLC, must be able to attend
Network Ten’s Premises, 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009 for a casting call on or
within one month of the closing date.
Lodging an Application
7. If you wish to participate in the IWLC you must be a resident of NSW or ACT, Australia and
be 18 years of age or older.
8. Employees and their immediate families of Network Ten, and their associated agencies
are ineligible to apply.
9. You may lodge one application per person.
10. Applicants will be required to complete an application form found at
www.tenplay.com.au. Applicants will also be required to provide personal information
and respond to questions, including but not limited to, the following:
Page 2 of 5
Name, gender, age, address, email, height (cm), weight (kg), body mass index (BMI),
Lowest Body Weight as adult (>18 years of age), Highest Body Weight as Adult (>18
years of age), Number of Years at Highest Body Weight, Number of Years Dieting,
Number of Diets followed (count all diets you have ever followed), Average Weight
Gain Per Year, Number of Years of Increasing Weight,
11. To make a valid application, Applicants must agree:
a. To work with Studio 10 to promote their weight loss journey in a public forum as
b. To being filmed for 12 months from the start of the process.
c. To be available for an in studio appearance once a month in Sydney.
d. To read Dr Nick Fuller’s Interval Weight Loss prior to the commencement of the
participation in the IWLC so there is a good understanding of how the program
e. To the Terms and Conditions
12. There is no charge for applying online, however internet connection rates may apply.
The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s
individual internet Service Provider.
Shortlisting and Finalists
13. Up to five (5) finalists will be selected from all applications received. Each of the five (5)
finalists may be required to provide proof of identification prior to being confirmed as a
finalist. Failure to provide this identification in the requested timeframe will mean the
finalist is deemed invalid and a new finalist is shortlisted.
14. To determine a suitable candidate, an Applicant may be required to answer more
detailed medical questions with Dr Nick Fuller after the online application process has
closed. This includes, but is not limited to, medical information including medications
and/or the condition being treated, medical conditions, and various health related
15. Dr Nick Fuller, or a representative of the Promoters or Studio 10, may also contact any
Applicant to telephone interview or Skype interview them for further information or to
verify their application to the final preferred shortlist candidates. Conducting such
telephone or Skype interview/s does not create any obligation on the Promoters to select
the interviewed applicant as a finalist.
16. A panel of judges will determine the five (5) finalists who best meet the judging panel’s
selection criteria gained from the information provided in the entrant’s application and
telephone or Skype interview. The judging panel’s decision is final and no
correspondence will be entered into regarding the finalists’ selection.
17. Finalists must be able to attend the Studio 10 finalists event at a date to be determined in
consultation with the finalists held at Studio 10, Network Ten, 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont
18. Finalists may be required to provide an image or video of themselves for use in the finalist
19. Finalists agree to participate in media requests, blogging and social media and other
publicity requests conducted by and for use by The Promoters, their associated agencies
and companies throughout the promotion. Finalists may be required to work with The
Promoters to promote their participation in the above and through their own network.
20. There will be no fee payable or direct financial benefit from Finalists’ participation in this
activity. Any costs incurred, including transport costs, to and from any appearance at
Page 3 of 5
Studio 10, Pyrmont, NSW, is the responsibility of the Finalist and no compensation will be
Promotion of Finalists
21. Each finalist agrees to give the Promoters permission for their image and/or video and/or
story to be used by Network 10 in any media and online indefinitely. There will be no fee
payable or direct financial benefit from the Finalist’s participation in this activity.
22. There will be a maximum of five (5) Finalists who will participate in the IWLC. If the IWLC is
unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel the IWLC at
23. The Promoter makes no guarantees regarding the success of the IWLC. The IWLC or any
unused portion of any IWLC, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed for cash.
The IWLC cannot be used in conjunction with any other service provided by Dr Nick
Fuller. Finalists should seek independent medical advice prior to the acceptance or
participation in the IWLC.
24. The Promoters’ decision is final and the Promoters will not enter into correspondence
regarding the results.
25. The Promoters reserve the right to refuse to allow an Applicant to take part, or to
continue to take part, in any or all aspects of the application if the Promoters determine,
in their absolute discretion, that a successful Finalist is not in the mental or physical
condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the IWLC.
26. Finalists may be required to sign a legal or medical release in a form determined by the
Promoters in its absolute discretion. Refusal to sign such legal release may prohibit the
finalists from participating in the IWLC.
27. Finalists may be required to participate in a Medical Check as directed by The Promoters
or Dr Nick Fuller during the shortlisting process. The finalist will be responsible for covering
the cost of the Medical Check. The Finalist may be required to provide the Promoters with
the results of the Medical Check. Refusal to participate in a Medical Check may prohibit
the finalists from participating in the Promotion. The results of the Medical Check may
prohibit the finalists from participating in the IWLC.
28. The Promoters and their associated companies or nominees reserve the right to request
Applicants to provide proof of age, identity, residency or other relevant consents.
Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoters.
29. An entry that is made on behalf of an Applicant by a third party will be invalid.
30. The Promoters reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel modify or suspend the
process at any time if for any reason it cannot go ahead as planned.
31. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any applications lost in transit or not received
by the application closing time due to technical disruptions or any other reason beyond
the control of the Promoters.
32. To the extent permitted by law, The Promoters exclude liability for any problems or
technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems,
servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic
congestion on telephone networks or lines.
Page 4 of 5
33. The Promoters reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to
disqualify any Application which, in the opinion of the Promoters, includes objectionable
content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements,
disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is
not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of the
Promoters, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent,
misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the
Promotion and/or the Promoters. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify an
Applicant if the Promoters become aware that the Applicant/s entry is of a type
described in this clause.
34. The Applicant warrants to the Promoter the entry submitted is a true representation of the
Applicant. The Applicant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs
by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
35. The Promoters reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the
Promoters have reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in
any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper
conduct of the IWLC. The Promoters legal rights to recover damages or other
compensation from such an offender are reserved.
36. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a
waiver of those rights.
37. Independent medical advice should be sought as health implications may arise as a
result of accepting and participating in the IWLC.
38. You are providing your information to Network TEN and to Dr Nick Fuller. The information
you provide will only be used to determine the participants for the IWLC and for other
uses deemed reasonable, and as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
39. All entries become the property of the Promoters. The Promoters collect personal
information about you to enable you to participate in the IWLC and for the other
purposes outlined therein in these Terms and Conditions, but no further use of this
information will be made without prior consent.
40. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the
Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC
Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-
Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded,
including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers,
employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal
injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
41. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoters (including their respective officers, employees and agents)
are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal
injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect,
special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or
equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters’ control); (b) any theft,
unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize claim that is late,
lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the
Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any
variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability
incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
Page 5 of 5
42. If this Application is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Promoters, the Promoters reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to the fullest extent
permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions
from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
43. With your express consent to do so (i.e. by ticking the box to confirm opting in to being
contacted by Dr Nick Fuller), Dr Nick Fuller will handle your personal information (e.g. first
name, last name, address, suburb, state, postcode, phone number, email address,
accessed at https://www.intervalweightloss.com.au/privacy-policy. The Interval Weight
44. You consent to The Promoters collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this IWLC (including but not limited to determining and
notifying the finalist/s and participation in the IWLC). Your personal information may be
disclosed to third party service providers for this purpose. A request to access, update or
correct any information should be directed to the Promoters. If you are not willing for this
to occur, you cannot participate in the IWLC.
45. The Promoters are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act
1988 (Cth) and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to
things, about how you may access personal information that is held by Network Ten Pty
Limited about you and seek correction of such information. See
and in full The APP Privacy Policies also contain information about how you may
complain about a breach of the APPs, or a registered code that is binding on our
organisation and how Network Ten Pty Limited will deal with such complaints. We may
disclose your personal information to related entities and third party service providers
46. The Promoters are Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street,
Pyrmont NSW 2009 and Dr Nick Fuller c/- Charles Perkins Centre, University of
Sydney/Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, NSW 2006.