Vogue – Win 1 of 4 Samsung Galaxy S5
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia, who are 18 years of age or over. However, employees and their immediate families of NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd, Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
4. The competition commences on 7th July 2014 at 09:00 (AEST) and concludes on 26th October 2014 at 23:59 (AEST).
5. The competition will be advertised on gq.com.au, vogue.com.au, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram.
6. To enter, participants must show or tell ‘Share your favourite fashion moment’ using Instagram or Twitter, and hashtag #SamsungStyle and tag @SamsungAU.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants in the competition may enter as many times as they like, however, only one prize per person is permitted.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, 14. profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple social media accounts. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
11. Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEST) on 26th October 2014. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by Twitter or Instagram. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
13. 4 winners will each receive a Samsung GS5 phone, valued at $924 (including GST).
14. Total prize value is up to = $3,716 (including GST).
15. Prizes cannot be transferred, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
16. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
17. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
18. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
19. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Vogue Australia or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
20. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
21. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
22. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
23. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the prize determination. 4 valid entrants will be judged, based on originality and creative merit, to become the winners. Judging will take place at Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd, on 27th October 2014 at 10.00 (AEST).
24. If the prize determination is scheduled on a public holiday, then the prize determination will be conducted on the following business day. Winners will be notified from 27th October 2014 via direct message through their personal Instagram or Twitter handle, and will be published on gq.com.au and vogue.com.au.
25. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. Twitter or Instagram account holder).
26. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
27. An unclaimed prize determination will take place at Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd on 30th October 2014. The winners will be notified within 2 days of the prize determination. Winners will be notified from 30th October 2014 via their personal Instagram or Twitter page and will be published on vogue.com.au and gq.com.au.
28. The Promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
29. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
30. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
31. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
32. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused the entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
33. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
34. Entry can only be made by a valid Twitter or Instagram user account. It is free to join twitter. (http://twitter.com). Twitter users must follow @vogueaustralia or @gqaustralia to qualify a valid entry. It is free to join Instagram. Instagram users must follow @vogueaustralia or @gqaustralia, using the mobile application.
35. All entrants must also comply with all relevant user terms and conditions and competition guidelines of Twitter and Instagram to be eligible for entry.
36. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Twitter or Instagram.
37. All entrants unconditionally and irrevocably release and discharge Twitter or Instagram from any and all liability in relation to this promotion.
38. NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd, Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
39. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
40. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
41. The Promoter is NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd (ABN: 57 088 923 906) of Level 1, 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.