Channel Ten – Win trip to Melbourne for Food and Wine Festival running 28 Feb 2014 to 16 March 2014
THE ULTIMATE FOODIE EXPERIENCE COMP Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. The Promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are 18 years of age or over. However, employees and their immediate families of Network TEN, Salmat Digital Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Monday 16th December 2013 at 10:00 (AEDT) and concludes on Monday 27th January 2014 at 10:00 (AEDT).
4. The competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, www.tenplay.com.au.
5. To enter, participants must log onto www.tenplay.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) name, address, phone number, e-mail address and 25 words or less answer
a. Answer in 25 words or less “What is your favourite dish with Parma Ham and why?”
6. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
7. A limit of one online entry per day, per email address applies.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill or store receipt for purchase requirement) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
10. Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEDT) on Monday 27th January 2014. The time of entry will in each case be the time the 1900 telephone call/SMS message/online is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
11. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
12. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependant on the entrant’s
individual Internet Service Provider.
13. One (1) major prize winner and their companion will receive:
2 x return economy flights to Melbourne from the winner’s nearest capital city valued at a maximum of $2,820.00
Private hotel/airport return transfers valued at a maximum of $750.00
2 Nights in a 5 star hotel in Melbourne for the winner and their companion
(twin share or queen) valued at a maximum of $2,000.00
2 x Tickets to Melbourne’s Food and Wine Festival valued at of $400.00
1 x dining voucher for the winner and their companion for the restaurants at
Crown Melbourne Valued at a maximum of $600.00
A day long private tour of the Daylesford area for the winner and their
companion. Includes: visit a traditional bakery dating back to the 1800s, taste the seasonal produce of a privately owned organic farm, taste the seasonal produce of a privately owned organic farm, taste the seasonal produce of a privately owned organic farm and make your very own wood-fired pizza created using the produce collected during the day. Daylesford experience valued at a maximum of $2,865.00
Total prize pool valued at a maximum of $9,435.00 (including GST)
14. Melbourne Food and Wine Festival dates are 28 February – 16 March 2014, winners will be required to travel between these dates.
15. Conditions for dining voucher:
Not redeemable for cash and cannot be used for payment of credit or retailer accounts.
Must be redeemed before expiry date shown on card.
Will be void and may not be redeemed after expiry date.
Cannot be reloaded.
Is partially redeemable.
It is up to you to use the full value before expiry date.
Cash will not be given for any unused balance.
Unused balance on expiry of this card will not be refunded or credited.
If purchase exceeds available card balance, you must make up the difference
with an alternative form of payment.
You are liable for all transactions on your card
16. The prize cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
17. Legal aged consumers should be advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at:
18. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses (including travel to and from the departure point etc) become the responsibility of the winner.
19. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
20. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute
21. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
22. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
23. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
24. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
25. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
26. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
27. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
28. Winners will be judged from all entries received throughout the promotional period and one (1) winner will be selected by a judging panel at Network TEN at 1 Saunders St, Pyrmont NSW 2009 at 13:00 (AEDT) on Tuesday 28th January 2014. The Winner will be the Entrant who, in the sole opinion of the judges, has submitted the most creative and original 25 words or less answer to the question in point clause 5. The Prize Winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within 5 days of the Prize Determination Date.
29. The judge’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result
30. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
31. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
32. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winners. If a prize remains unclaimed by a winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by 17:00 on Monday 24th February 2014, the prizes will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best meets the judging criteria excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize. This Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at Network TEN at 1 Saunders St, Pyrmont NSW 2009 at 13:00 (AEDT) on Tuesday 25th February
2014. The winner of the Unclaimed Prize Determination will be notified by telephone and in writing within 5 days of the Unclaimed Prize Determination.
33. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
34. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
35. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions
36. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
37. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
38. Network TEN, Salmat Digital Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
39. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition
40. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
41. STANDARD OPT-IN: All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
42. The Promoter is collecting the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). The entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to Salmat IDR Pty Limited for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Promotion.
43. The Promoter is Network TEN Pty Ltd, (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009