Woolworths – Qantas – Win 1 of 28 Qantas Flight vouchers valued at $5,000 each
Terms & Conditions “Qantas Woolworths” Promotion
Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years of age and over.
Employees of the Promoter (and their immediate families), its associated companies, and any other agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to participate. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, brother, sister, step- brother or step-sister.
How to Enter
To enter, Eligible Entrants must undertake the following steps:
1. Spend $30* or more in a single transaction at any Participating Store or at Woolworths Online (www.woolworths.com.au)** during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Transaction”) and retain the original Woolworths store receipt issued at the point of sale of the Qualifying Transaction (for in-store transactions) or a copy of the Online Order Number of the Qualifying Transaction (for Woolworths Online transactions); and then
2. Visit www.woolworths.com.au/qantas, follow the link to the online entry form, input the requested details, including but not limited to the full Unique Receipt Code or Online Order Number (whichever is relevant), first name, last name, valid email address and full street address and submit the fully completed claim form by 23:59 AEDST on Sunday of the week following the week in which the transaction took place (a “Qualifying Entry”). For the removal of doubt, the reference to a week is considered Monday to Sunday.
Each Qualifying Entry will automatically enter the Eligible Entrant into the relevant Daily Prize Draw. Qualifying Transactions are eligible for the Daily Prize Draw for the day on which the transaction was made. For the removal of doubt, if an Eligible Entrant is to submit their entry after 23:59 AEDST Sunday of the week following the week in which the transaction took place, their entry will be deemed invalid.
Important note: All Eligible Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt or online invoice for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an Eligible Entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) or invoice(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase (for in-store purchases) and the date of purchase on the receipt(s) or invoice(s) / online order confirmation must be during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
** Please note that, pursuant to the Woolworths Online Terms & Conditions (accessible at https://www.woolworths.com.au/Shop/Discover/about-us/terms-and-conditions), the minimum purchase amount for each Pick up Grocery Order is $30.00 and for each Delivery Grocery Order is $50.00 excluding the Delivery Fee, Bag Fee and any Crate Service Fee.
*The spend of $30 excludes
purchases of smoking/tobacco products and accessories, gift cards
(including iTunes), mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards and tickets, cash outs, delivery charges, reusable bag fees, crate to bench service fees, Delivery Saver products, donations, purchases from woolworthsflowers.com.au or Auto-order products, Carpet Care, lottery products, Pre-order Kiosks, lay-by fees and purchases using a Caltex StarCard, a Country
Age Pension Fuel Card or on a charge account.
The period between 00.01 AEDST on Wednesday 17 October 2018 and 23.59 AEDST on Tuesday 13 November 2018.
Definitions used in these Terms & Conditions:
“Participating Store” means any Woolworths supermarket store across Australia (including Metro and small format supermarket stores), Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets and the Woolworths Online store www.woolworths.com.au **.
“Qantas” means Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 and its related bodies corporate.
“Unique Receipt Code” means Woolworths’ unique code number provided for the transaction (displayed on the Woolworths receipt, for in-store transactions) or online invoice/order number (displayed on the online invoice/order confirmation, for Woolworths Online transactions).
Limits on Entry
Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying Transaction (regardless of the amount spent in excess of $30 in that transaction); (b) each Qualifying Entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; and (c) a limit of five (5) Qualifying Entries per day applies.
Only one (1) prize will be awarded per household – this does not apply to SA residents.
Daily Prize Draws
There will be one (1) draw conducted for each day of the Promotional Period, for a total of twenty- eight (28) draws (each a “Daily Prize Draw”). Each Daily Prize Draw will contain the entries received for Qualifying Transactions that were made on that day only.
Entries into each week’s Daily Prize Draws will close as stated in the table below, however the Daily Prize Draw that an Eligible Entrant is entered into will depend on the date that the Qualifying Transaction was made (and not when the entry was received). All Daily Prize Draws will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5 Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 at 15:00 AEDST on the dates specified in the table below. Entries in each Daily Prize Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Daily Prize Draws.
Winners will be published online on the Promotion Website www.woolworths.com.au/qantas from the ‘published date’ specified in the table below. Any winners from SA of a Prize will also have their name and address published in The Advertiser on the ‘published date’ in the table below.
Winners will be published online for a minimum 28 days.
Daily Prize Draws – Qualifying Transactions made on
Entries submitted by
Draw time and date
Week 1 (5 Daily Prize Draws)
17 October – 21 October 2018
23:59 AEDST 28 October 2018
15:00 AEDST, 29 October 2018
2 November 2018
7 Daily Prize Draws)
22 October – 28 October 2018
23:59 AEDST 4 November 2018
15:00 AEDST, 5 November 2018
16 November 2018
(7 Daily Prize Draws)
29 October – 4 November 2018
23:59 AEDST 11 November 2018
15:00 AEDST, 12 November 2018
16 November 2018
(7 Daily Prize Draws)
5 November – 11 November 2018
23:59 AEDST 18 November 2018
15:00 AEDST, 19 November 2018
22 November 2018
(2 Daily Prize Draws)
12 November – 13 November 2018
23:59 AEDST 25 November 2018
15:00 AEDST, 26
29 November 2018
Daily Prize Details
The first ten (10) valid entries drawn in each Daily Prize Draw will each win a $5,000 Qantas Flight Voucher.
There is a total of twenty-eight (28) Daily Prize Draws, with ten (10) winners each. Total prize pool value is $1,400,000.
A Qantas Flight Voucher prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Qantas Flight Voucher prize as stated. Qantas Flight Voucher prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A Qantas Flight Voucher prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a Qantas Flight Voucher prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize. A Qantas Flight Voucher prize must be used to book and fly within 12 months of the Voucher issue date. Full Qantas Voucher terms and conditions below:
1. Redeemable for one-way or return Qantas domestic or international flights departing Australia only, including fees, taxes and carrier charges. Only one voucher can be redeemed per booking.
2. Cannot be used for multi-city bookings, Jetstar airfares, Classic Flight Rewards, or Points Plus Pay Flight bookings, or redeemed for cash or other goods or services such as additional baggage or seat selection.
3. Amounts are in Australian dollars (AUD) and are valid for bookings made within 12 months of the date the original voucher is issued. Subsequent vouchers must also be used within 12 months of issue of the original voucher. The expiry date will be stated on the voucher.
4. If the full balance of the voucher is not redeemed in one transaction and the balance of the voucher is more than $2, a new voucher with the same expiry date will be issued for the unused portion. No subsequent voucher will be issued for amounts $2 or less.
5. Any subsequent vouchers will be sent to the email address supplied for the first adult listed on the voucher. If no email address is supplied for the first adult listed on the voucher, subsequent vouchers will not be issued.
6. Non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash or other goods or services. The names of the voucher recipients may be changed when you redeem the voucher at qantas.com/giftvouchers, but the number of recipients cannot be changed (winner cannot increase or decrease the total number of recipients).
7. Qantas does not charge a card payment fee on Qantas gift voucher purchases or redemptions. Standard Qantas Flight Voucher terms and conditions apply. Visit qantas.com/voucherterms for full terms and conditions.
8. The Promoter and Qantas makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. The Qantas Conditions of Carriage and relevant fare conditions apply to all bookings made with a voucher.
9. Flights booked using the Qantas Voucher are subject to availability at the time of booking and flights are subject to availability of fares at the time of booking. Winners will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
10. The Qantas Flight Voucher prize will be distributed as an e-voucher that will be attached in an email from Qantas within fifteen business days from the end of the Promotion Period.. Qantas e-vouchers expire twelve months from the date of issue.
11. Vouchers can only be redeemed at qantas.com/giftvouchers or through Qantas Contact Centres on 13 13 13. A service fee applies to redemptions through Qantas Telephone Sales.
Notification of Winners
Winners will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the relevant Daily Prize Draw date.
Winners will be published online on the Promotion Website woolworths.com.au/qantas for a minimum 28 days, from the applicable ‘published date’ specified in the table in the ‘Daily Prize Draws’ section above. Any SA winners of a prize will also have their name and address published in The Advertiser on the applicable ‘published date’ specified in the table in the ‘Daily Prize Draws’ section above.
Second Chance Draw
If any prize is unclaimed, a second chance draw will be held on 28 February 2019 at the same time and place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. All Qualifying Entries from Eligible Entrants will enter the Second Chance Draw, except those that did not claim their prize.
Winners, if any, will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the second chance draw and will be published online on the Promotion Website www.woolworths.com.au/qantas from 8 March 2019. Any SA winners of a prize will also have their name and address published in The Advertiser on 8 March 2019.
Authorised under Permit numbers: NSW LTPS/18/28748
Woolworths Group Limited (ABN 88 000 014 675) of 1 Woolworths Way, Bella Vista NSW 2153, telephone 02 8885 0000.
1. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. In particular, prizes may not, without the prior consent of the Promoter and any applicable third-party supplier of the prize (“Supplier”), be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a prize is sold or used in breach of this condition, the Promoter or the Supplier may, at their absolute discretion, withdraw the prize(s). Where a prize has been withdrawn in accordance with this clause, no refund, substitute or compensation will be offered and if the prize is a ticket, the winner and any person has purchased or otherwise bears that ticket will be refused entry.
2. The Promoter and Qantas accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. The Promoter and Qantas assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches, theft or destruction, any cause beyond the Promoter’s control, or unauthorised access to or alteration of the promotion. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion. Further, the Promoter at its sole discretion may recommence this promotion under the same conditions.
3. If any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s and Qantas’ control, the Promoter and Qantas may substitute a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any written directions from the various authorities.
4. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winners. If a winner does not claim their prize by the Second Chance Draw date, their entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter may conduct the Second
Chance Draw, subject to relevant regulatory authority instructions.
5. If an Eligible Entrant’s contact details change at any time between the date which they enter the promotion and the Second Chance Draw date, that Eligible Entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
6. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winners and any other information from Eligible Entrants relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, is in breach of these conditions, provides entries that are offensive or otherwise inappropriate in the sole opinion of the Promoter, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion, or who has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. If consumers are required to purchase a product to enter, then it is a condition of the prize being awarded to the winner that the winner retain a clear copy of their original receipt and provide it to the Promoter as proof of a valid purchase to enter this promotion. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all claims when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of a claimant’s claims and forfeiture of any right to a reward.
9. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Any cost associated with accessing the Promotion Website is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Eligible Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid Any contact details incorrectly entered on the website may invalidate an entry, in the Promoter’s discretion.
11. The Promoter and Qantas shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (even if caused by negligence) as a result of accepting and/or using a prize or in relation to the promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
12. Any prize supplied by a third party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party supplier. The Promoter and Qantas is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the conduct of any third party supplier or otherwise as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize (even if caused by negligence), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
13. IfintheconductofthisPromotion,thePromoterisliableforabreachofanyguarantee,warranty,conditionor other term that applies under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or is implied by any other commonwealth, state or territory law that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter’s liability under that legislation is limited, to the extent permitted by law, to the cost of replacement of any benefit or prize won.
14. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and Qantas and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to the prize.
15. Before the prize is awarded, the winner and any other person(s) sharing the prize with the winner may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter and Qantas from any liability arising from the use or participation in the prize.
16. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
17. Entries remain the property of the Promoter. Details from entries, or if an Eligible Entrant’s Woolworths Rewards Card was scanned or used as part of a condition of entry, the personal information of such Eligible Entrant, will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting this promotion (which may include disclosure to third parties, the Promoter’s related bodies corporate, agencies and contractors (including call centres,
18. These conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, and where applicable, each of the relevant States/Territories.