Westpac – MasterCard PayPass Spend and Win $10,000 cash or $1,000 Coles Myer Gift card
Trade promotion – Schedule to Conditions of Entry
Promotion name MasterCard® PayPassTM Spend and Win promotion. (MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
PayPass is a trademark MasterCard International Incorporated).
Promotion type Public (external)
Promotion style Game of chance
Promoter The promoter is Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 tel: 132 032 of 275 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
VIC Permit No. 14/4964
SA Licence No. T14/1518.
Relevant States All Australian States and Territories
Entry is open to all residents of Australia 18 years of age and over who, during the Promotion Period:
receives a personalised invitation to participate in this Promotion via Electronic Direct Mail (eDM), Direct Mail, Statement message or message in Westpac Online Banking / Westpac Live
holds a MasterCard credit or debit card issued by Westpac Banking Corporation and which supports MasterCard PayPass technology (“Westpac MasterCard”)
makes an valid purchase transaction in accordance with the Entry Procedure (“an Eligible Entrant”).
Opens: 25 August 2014 at 12.01 AEST
Closes: 30 September 2014 at 11.59 AEST
Eligible entrants must, during the Promotion Period, make at least one (1) valid purchase of $100 or less using their Westpac MasterCard. Each subsequent valid purchase gives the entrant 1 additional entry per valid purchase. In this Schedule, the word “valid purchase” refers to PayPass (contactless) transactions (including, without limitation) which are:
used for a transaction of $100 or less;
conducted in Australia and charged to the Westpac MasterCard account in Australia;
posted to the Westpac MasterCard account during the Promotional Period;
not reversed or cancelled within 7 days of being posted to the Westpac MasterCard account; and
not processed by the issuer of the Westpac MasterCard as a transaction involving a cash advance or purchase of a cash substitute e.g. gaming chips, or an ATM transaction.
An Eligible Entrant whose Westpac MasterCard is in arrears at the time of the Draw (ie. the minimum monthly payment not having been paid by the statement due date) is not an Eligible Entrant.
Automatic entry opt out
Any person who submits an entry who would otherwise be an Eligible Entrant but who does not wish to enter the Promotion may advise the Promoter by phoning 1300 651 089 and that Eligible Entrant will be deemed ineligible to enter the Promotion.
Maximum number of entries Multiple Entries permitted
(if game of chance)
Date: 7 October 2014
Location: Mike Da Silva & Associates, 15 Grosvenor St, Neutral Bay
Draw Method: Electronic Random Draw.
There are 41 Prizes to be won:
1 x Grand Prize of $10,000 cash
40 x Runner Up Prizes. Each Runner Up Prize consists of a Coles Myer Gift card valued at $1,000.
Prize restrictions With the exception of South Australian residents, Eligible Entrants may win one Prize only in this Promotion. The Grand Prize winner must nominate a bank account held in their name, and the Grand Prize will be credited to that account within 28 days of such nomination.
Total prize pool $50,000
Notification of winner Winners will be notified in writing on 10 October 2014.
Publication details The Australian newspaper on 14 October 2014.
Prize claim date 7 January 2015
Unclaimed prize draw
Date: 28 January 2015
Location: Mike Da Silva & Associates, 15 Grosvenor St, Neutral Bay.
Publication date for unclaimed prize draw winner (if any) Unclaimed Prize Draw winner/s will be notified in writing on 2 February 2015, and their name/s published in the Australian newspaper on 5 February 2015.
Additional terms Prizes will be awarded to the winner/s within 28 days of the draw.
Conditions of Entry
1. These Conditions of Entry incorporate and must be read together with the Schedule for this Promotion. The Schedule prevails to the extent of any inconsistency with these Conditions of Entry. By participating in this Promotion, each participant fully and unconditionally agrees and acknowledges that these terms and conditions are binding.
2. Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, except where stated otherwise.
3. If this is a public promotion, entry to the Promotion is open to residents of the Relevant State/s who meet the Entry Restrictions (if any). Entrants under 18 years of age must have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
4. If this is an internal promotion, entry to the Promotion is open to employees and contractors of the Promoter who meet the Entry Restrictions (if any). Members of the public are not permitted to enter.
5. Unless this is an internal promotion, employees and contractors of the Westpac Group and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
6. The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
7. To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the Entry Procedure during the Promotion Period.
8. Entries may only be submitted in accordance with the Entry Procedure and will not be accepted by the Promoter in any other form.
9. Entrants may enter the Promotion up to the Maximum Number of Entries.
10. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Online or email entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
11. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
12. Incomplete and ineligible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will also be deemed invalid if they breach these Conditions of Entry as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion or any other content guidelines notified by the Promoter during the Entry process for the Promotion.
13. In the event that an account with the Promoter is held in joint names, the Eligible Entrant will be the person first named on that account.
Determining and notifying winners
14. The Prize draw(s) (if applicable) will be conducted in accordance with the Draw Details. The Prize(s) will be awarded to the valid Entry or Entries (as applicable) randomly drawn in accordance with the Prize Details.
15. If the Promotion includes instant win Prizes, the instant win Prize(s) will be awarded to the valid Entry or Entries (as applicable) in accordance with the Entry Procedure and the Instant Win Details.
HERE 16. Winners will be notified as specified in the Schedule and their name and State/Territory of residence will be published in accordance with the Schedule.
16. The Prize(s) are specified in the Prize Details. The Prize(s) are subject to any restrictions specified in the Schedule. The total Prize pool is specified in the Schedule.
17. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable, or redeemable for cash.
18. If a Prize includes gift cards or vouchers, the gift cards or vouchers are only valid until the gift card or voucher expiry date specified on the gift cards or voucher or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not be liable for any gift card or voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
19. If a Prize includes tickets, the tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not be liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
20. If a Prize includes travel, The Winner (as defined below) and any travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure. Air tickets are for travel on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos.Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline’s departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline in respect of flights awarded under this Promotion. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, which may be used in relation to incidental charges (which are not included in the Prize). Once accommodation vouchers for accommodation awarded in this Promotion are issued they are non-changeable. It is the travellers’ personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the travellers. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Travel must be taken at the time specified by the Promoter and must coincide with the dates specified in these terms and conditions. If a Winner or any travelling companion is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date, or do not take an element of the Prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the Winner. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize or any element thereof.
21. Prizes must be claimed by the Prize Claim Date in accordance with any claim instructions set out in the Schedule.
23. If a Prize is not accepted or claimed by the Prize Claim Date, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the unclaimed Prizes in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements specified in the Schedule, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority. Winners of unclaimed Prizes will be notified and have their names and State/Territory of residence published in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements.