The Wrigley Company – Extra Bachelor WW 2017 – Win a Bachelor VIP trip to Sydney for 4 valued at $18,250 OR 1 of 5 Instant win prizes
EXTRA® Bachelor WW 2017 Promotion Terms & Conditions (“Conditions of Entry”)
1. Promotion: EXTRA® Bachelor WW 2017 Promotion (the “Promotion”).
2. Promoter: The Wrigley Company Pty Ltd, ABN 85 000 008 560 at 48 Michigan Avenue, Asquith, NSW 2077, 1800 084 222.
3. The Promotion commences on 30/08/2017 at 12:00 AM AEST and ends on 20/09/2017 at 11:59 PM AEST (“Promotional Period”).
Entries must be received during the Promotional Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
4. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
5. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 and over. Employees of the Promoter, and employees of participating Woolworths supermarkets, and agencies associated with this Promotion (and their immediate families) are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step- sister or first cousin.
6. To be eligible to enter, individuals must purchase two (2) or more Wrigley’s EXTRA® products (“Participating Products”) in a single transaction from any participating Woolworths supermarket in Australia during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Transaction”). For the purposes of this Promotion, a participatingWoolworths supermarket is any Woolworths supermarket (including Woolworths Online and excluding Woolworths Petrol) in Australia.
7. To enter, entrants must then undertake the following steps during the Promotional Period
a) visit www.tenplay.com.au/thebachelorextra and follow the prompts to the promotional entry page;
b) input the requested details (including their full name, a valid email address, phone number and address);
c) upload a photo or scanned copy of the purchase receipt for their Qualifying Transaction (clearly showing the two (2)
Participating Products purchased, the date of purchase and the store of purchase);
d) check the box consenting to personal information being stored and managed in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988
e) enter the security Captcha; and
f) submit the fully completed online entry form.
8. Multiple entries are permitted per person, subject to the following: (a) only (2) entries permitted per Qualifying Transaction/receipt (regardless of the number of Wrigley’s EXTRA® products in excess of four (4) purchased within the transaction); (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry requirements; and (c) a maximum of two (2) entries permitted per person per day (to be validated by email address). If the same email address is used more than twice per day, the entrant may be asked to provide receipts and barcodes for all entries. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize.
9. The original purchase receipt and product barcodes (cut out from the pack) must be retained for each entry submitted by an entrant as proof of purchase. Entrants must provide this proof of purchase to the Promoter for all entries submitted (regardless of if it was a winning entry or not) if requested. In the event that the entrant is unable to produce the proof of purchase, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion, deem their entry or entries invalid and forfeit the entrant’s right to any prize.
10. Major Prize: The Major Prize draw will take place on 22/09/2017 at 3:00 PM AEST at Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra VIC 3141 by computerised draw system or selection. All entries from the Promotional Period will be entered into the Major Prize draw, regardless of whether they have won an instant prize. The first valid entry drawn in the Major Prize Draw will win a Bachelor VIP trip to Sydney, NSW for four (4) adults valued at up to $18,250.00, depending on date and point of departure. Prize includes:
a) return economy class airfares for four (4) adults to Sydney from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city airport (only provided if winner is not based in NSW);
b) two (2) nights accommodation at the five (5) star Intercontinental Hotel Sydney (two (2) rooms provided, twin-share)
c) return transfers from the airport to the accommodation for four (4) adults (only provided if winner is not based in
d) return transfers from accommodation to location of the Meet and Greet for four (4) adults
e) all day stylist session with The Bachelor Australia 2017 stylist and $2,000 spending money to spend across four (4)
outfits (one (1) outfit for each of the winner and their three (3) guests). Spending money to be paid via EFT to an account in the winner’s name (and to be shared between the winner and their three (3) guests);
hair and makeup by The Bachelor Australia 2017 stylist for four (4) adults;
h) a ten (10) minute meet and Greet session with The Bachelor Australia 2017, subject to clause 12 below.
11. Package is based on four (4) adults, in two (2) rooms, sharing twin share accommodation. All elements of the prize package are subject to availability. The winner’s travelling companions must be 18 years or older at the time of travel. The winner may be required to present a credit card upon arrival at hotel as per the hotels policy for any incidentals.
12. The “Meet & Greet” awarded as part of the prize provides the winner (and his/her companions) with an opportunity to meet The Bachelor Australia 2017 for ten (10) minutes. This element of the prize is not guaranteed and is subject to the goodwill of The Bachelor Australia 2017 on the day. The Promoter accepts no responsibility and will not offer any alternative in the event that this element of the prize cannot be offered for any reason.
13. The winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city, and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure.
14. Additional spending money, additional meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner. If the winner is based in NSW they will forfeit the flight and airport/accommodation transfers component of the prize and will be awarded $200 provided via electronic funds transfer into the winner’s account to put towards travel expenses for the winner and their travelling companions.
15. Subject to clause 12 above, the Major Prize incudes a Meet and Greet with The Bachelor Australia 2017 (“Event”) expected to take place in Sydney within three (3) months of the original draw date of 22/09/2017, with the exact dates to be mutually agreed between the winner, the Promoter and The Bachelor Australia 2017. In the event of a disagreement between the winner and the Promoter as to when the prize must be taken, the Promoter’s decision will be final. The winner must be available to attend the Event on the date to be determined by the Promoter or at any other time specified by the Promoter. The prize must be taken to coincide with the Event. The prize cannot be changed once the booking has been made. If the winner and their companions do not take the prize on the dates stipulated by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited in full and cash will not be awarded in lieu. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The Promoter has the right to determine the airline carrier at its discretion. In the event that the winner requests a specific carrier, not offered by the Promoter, any subsequent or additional fees and taxes, if applicable will be the responsibility of the winner. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline and will not form part of the Major Prize. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel Prize and any costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the winner. Major Prize trip itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Major Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
16. Instant Prizes: Entrants will be notified instantly online as to whether or not they are a provisional winner (“Provisional Winner”) of an instant prize. Provisional Winners will only be deemed an instant prize winner upon verification of their entry or entries (including, but not limited to, verification of their age, country of residence, valid purchase receipt / barcode, number of entries made each day throughout the Promotion). If a Provisional Winner is found to be ineligible and their entry is deemed invalid under these conditions, then the prize will be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw as outlined in clause 30 below. All valid non-winning entries received will be automatically placed in to the unclaimed prize draw, and the major prize draw. All Instant prize winners’ names (including Provisional Winners’ names) will be published weekly (within 7 days) online at www.tenplay.com.au/win with the first publication date appearing on 06/09/2017 and the last appearing on 27/09/2017.
17. There will be five (5) instant win prizes available to be won each day of the Promotional Period between 12:00am AEST on 30/08/2017 and 11:59pm AEST on 20/09/2017. There will be a total of one hundred and ten (110) instant prizes. The Promoter will use a computer drawing system to randomly determine five (5) times each day during the Promotional Period (each a “Winning Time”). The first valid entry received on or after each Winning Time each day, will be a Provisional Winner of an instant prize. If an instant prize on a particular day is not won (i.e. there are not enough entries received on that day after the Winning Times), the un-won instant prizes will roll forward to the following day’s draw. Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Any instant win prizes that are part of the advertised total prize pool that are not claimed will be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw.
18. After being notified online as a Provisional Winner in accordance with clause 16 above, entrants will then be contacted in writing via email within two (2) business days via the email address provided at the time of entry in order to validate their entry or entries, and should their entry be successfully validated, arrange for delivery of the Instant Prize. A Provisional Winner will only be deemed an instant prize winner once verified by the Promoter.
dinner at Café Sydney up to the value of $400 (to be paid via EFT to an account in the winner’s name); and
19. Instant Prizes: Each instant prize winner will receive a single $100 eftpos® gift card.
20. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming an eftpos® gift card are not included. Any unused balance of an eftpos® gift card will not be awarded as cash and will be forfeited if not redeemed within 12 months of the activation date. Redemption of an eftpos® gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the eftpos® gift card. eftpos® gift cards must be activated within two (2) months of the date of receipt by going online to www.activateacard.com.au and following the prompts and will be valid for 12 months from the date of activation. All details relating to the activation and use of the eftpos® gift card will be sent to the winner.
21. Total Prize Pool: The total prize pool for the Promotion is up to $29,250.00 (up to $18,250.00 for the Major Prize Pool, $11,000 for the Instant Prize Pool).
22. A winning entrant does not need to be present at the draw to claim a prize. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winners are determined by chance. Skill plays no part in determining the winners.
23. Prizes are not transferable, substitutable or exchangeable for another prize of equal or like value and are not redeemable for cash (including any unused portion). If a winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
24. Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the Major Prize winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
25. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
26. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing, and incorporates a ‘money can’t buy’ component in the case of the Major Prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a prize after that date.
27. The provisional Major Prize winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw via the email address provided at the time of entry and by telephone or text to the phone number provided at the time of entry in order to validate their entry. The Major Prize winner’s name will be published online at www.tenplay.com.au from 29/09/2017. The provisional Major Prize winner will only be deemed the Major Prize winner once their entry has been verified by the Promoter.
28. If required and subject to any direction under relevant state legislation, if the Major Prize draw winner cannot be contacted, is unavailable to collect or accept any prize by 22/11/2017 at 5:00 PM AEDT, or is unavailable at the designated time for the Event, they may be deemed ineligible to win and forfeit any entitlement to the prize (as determined by the Promoter in its sole and absolute discretion) and the Promoter will conduct a redraw for the Major Prize on 23/11/2017 at 2:00 PM AEDT at Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra VIC 3141.
29. The winner of the redraw will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the redraw via the email address provided at the time of entry; and by telephone or text to the phone number provided at the time of entry. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. The Major Prize redraw winner will have their name published online at www.tenplay.com.au/win from 27/11/2017.
30. A draw for any unclaimed Instant Prizes may take place on 20/12/2017 at the same time and place as the original Major Prize draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Provisional winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the redraw via the email address provided at the time of entry; and by telephone or text to the phone number provided at the time of entry in order to validate their entry. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. Any re-drawn Instant Prize winners will have their names published at www.tenplay.com.au/win from 29/12/2017. A provisional winner will only be deemed a winner once their entry has been verified by the Promoter.
31. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website via their Internet service provider. Where entry is allowed by purchase, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
32. The prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid.
33. By accepting the prize, the Major Prize winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize including at the Event and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
34. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
36. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Major Prize winner (and his/her travel companions for the prize) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize.
37. The Major Prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, and is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize(s) at the time they are issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise. By accepting the prize, the prize winner and their guests will ensure that they will at all times accept the reasonable direction of the Promoter, or representatives of the Event venue whilst attending the Event.
38. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part of the prize) with a prize of equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Furthermore, in respect of the Event element of the Major Prize, the winner and their guests acknowledge that no responsibility or liability will be taken by the Promoter in respect of any aspect of this Promotion, including without limitation any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent or impede an entrant from entering the Promotion or damage or loss of any kind resulting from participating in this Promotion or from the acceptance or use/misuse of the prize.
39. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, subject to State or Territory regulation.
40. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that the winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, illegible and incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
41. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
42. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
43. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
44. Unless otherwise specified, the Major Prize is a single event for the winner (and his/her guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
45. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
46. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
47. Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 17/00962, SA Permit No. T17/901 and NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/14474