Qantas – Win A $10,000 Trip To Dubai 2014 Competition
It’s about beating the Crowd Competition
Terms and Conditions
Share on emailShare on printShare on favorites
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of the prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 13 13) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12:01am (AEST) on 17 April 2014 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 28 April 2014. (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to legal residents of Australia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate, any prize sponsor of the Promotion and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. (Eligible Entrants).
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period ;
a. Make a Qantas booking (that is, through qantas.com or telephone 13 13 13, or through a travel agent who confirms the tickets issued are Qantas tickets beginning with ticket number 081)
b. with an eligible American Express Card (that is, an existing account that is current and in good standing and held by a member in Australia);
c. for a Qantas operated flight with a QF flight number either on the Qantas International or Domestic network for travel completed by 31 April 2015 .
d. Complete the entry form at qantas.com/atlantis and enter an eligible booking reference number (PNR), full name, email address and telephone number.
6. For the purpose of entering this promotion, eligible Qantas bookings cannot be made using Qantas Points.
7. Eligible Entrants can make more than one booking during the Promotion Period. Each new booking (and resulting PNR) made during the Promotion Period will be eligible for one entry into the promotion.
8. A maximum of one entry will be awarded per booking, irrespective of the number of flights on that booking. For the avoidance of doubt, only bookings made during the Promotion Period will be considered eligible for entry. Any booking that was made prior to the Promotion Period or after the Promotion Period will not be considered eligible for entry. The entry/registration form must be filled out within the Promotion Period.
9. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission, interruption or otherwise.
10. The Promoter reserves the right at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
11. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The draw will be computer generated and will take place at 2.00 pm (AEST) on 5 May 2014 at the offices of Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 894 022) (MDSA) at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089.
13. There will be one prize to be won. The maximum total prize value is AU$10,000.00 based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14. The prize will include:
a. Return Premium Economy class airfares from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates for 2 adults flying Qantas Airways, (flight associated taxes are included); and
b. 4 nights’ accommodation in Dubai at Atlantis, the Palm Dubai.
15. Winner is solely responsible for any and all in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, movies) telephone calls, meals, beverages, gratuities, travel upgrades, personal incidentals and any other expenses not specified herein. Winner will be required to provide a valid VISA, Mastercard, AMEX or Diners credit card, debit card, or cash deposit upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals, and any other expenses charged to the Winner’s hotel room will be charged to the Winner’s major valid credit card, debit card, or cash deposit provided. No substitution, assignment, redemption for cash, or transfer of any prize permitted. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. Hotel accommodation for four nights in Dubai at Atlantis, the Palm Dubai is subject to availability, additional restrictions may apply.
16. Airfares are subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their companion(s) must travel and stay together on all prize flights, activity and accommodation respectively. Winner and their companion(s) will not accrue Qantas Points on the prize flights or accommodation. Prize includes applicable taxes and GST.
17. Unless otherwise stated, the Prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, taxes, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. All travel associated with the prize is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
18. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once tickets are issued.
19. The prize travel must be booked a minimum of 6 weeks prior to departure. At the latest, prize travel must be booked by 15 April 2015 and completed by 31 April 2015. If the prize is not booked by 15 April 2015 and completed by 31 April 2015, the prize either in remaining part or its entirety will be forfeited and there will be no refund on the unused portion of flights, activity or accommodation.
Notification of the winner
20. The winner will be notified in writing by email within 2 working days after the draw and their name will be published on www.facebook.com/Qantas, twitter.com/qantasairways and qantas.com on 7 May 2014. Their name will also be published in The Australian newspaper on 12 May 2014.