Planet Shoes – Win a trip for 4 to Port Douglas
Planet Shoes Promotion Terms and Conditions
Omni Footwear Pty Ltd (ABN 93 077 425 211), Suite 7, 1 Milton Parade, Malvern VIC 3144.
Australia: 12.01am (AEST) on 15/04/2019 to 11.59pm (AEST) on 12/05/2019.
New Zealand: 2.01am (NZST) on 15/04/2019 to 1.59am (NZST) on 13/05/2019.
Who can enter?
Only Australian and New Zealand residents who:
(a) are aged 18 or over; and
(b) can take the travel prize between 20/10/2019 and 24/10/2019 (inclusive).
Who can’t enter?
Directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of:
(a) the Promoter; and
(b) the agencies, companies or participating premises associated with this competition.
Where will the competition run?
The competition will run in participating independent retailers which are displaying promotional material and online at www.planetshoes.com.au (Stores) in Australia and New Zealand.
Any pair of Planet Shoes or Earth Shoes.
To enter, you must, during the Competition Period after making a Qualifying Purchase from a Store and collecting your itemised purchase receipt:
(a) visit the Website; and
(b) fully complete the online entry form, including by answering in 25 words or less “why you love Planet and/or Earth Shoes”, uploading an image of the Qualifying Purchase receipt and providing all other requested information.
Your purchase receipt must clearly identify where the Qualifying Purchase was made, the product/s purchased (which must be/comprise a Qualifying Purchase) and the date of purchase (which must be during the Competition Period before you submitted your entry).
The Promoter is not responsible if your mobile device/desktop is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an entry, including having the requisite photograph capability.
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
This is a game of skill. A judging panel appointed by the Promoter will review each valid entry and will judge the entries based on creativity and originality to determine the winner. Chance plays no part in how the winner will be selected.
The valid entry judged to be the best will win the prize.
All judging decisions are as determined by the Promoter, in their absolute discretion.
What can I win?
There is 1 prize available.
The prize is choice of either:
(a) a trip for the winner and up to 3 adult companions to Port Douglas between 20/10/2019 and 24/10/2019 (inclusive), valued at up to AUD$9,000 / NZD$9,400 depending on the winner’s point of departure; or
(b) $4,000 cash, transferred to the winner via EFT.
See “Travel prize” section below for further travel prize details.
If you win, you can choose which prize you wish to accept.
If you win and choose the trip to Port Douglas between 20/10/2019 and 24/10/2019 (inclusive), your prize will be a trip for you and up to 3 adult companions to Port Douglas which includes the following for you and each of your companions:
(a) return economy airfares (including airfare taxes) from your nearest Australian or New Zealand capital city to Cairns and return transfers between Cairns airport and the accommodation (flights and transfers are not included if you live within reasonable driving distance of Port Douglas, and if so, you and your companion/s must make your own way to and from the accommodation. All reasonable travel expenses will be covered by the Promoter); and
(a) 3 nights’ accommodation at the Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas.
By accepting or participating in any prize, your companion/s accept these Terms and Conditions.
Total prize pool
The total prize pool is up to AUD$9,000 / NZD$9,400.
How many times can I enter?
You can enter multiple times, provided you only enter once per Qualifying Purchase and per receipt. Each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
How and when will the winner/s be informed?
The winner will be notified:
· by phone; and
· in writing
within two days of determination.
Proof of purchase
You must keep the following as proof of purchase for all entries:
· original itemised purchase receipt(s).
If you don’t produce the above proof of purchase for all entries when asked the Promoter may disqualify all of your entries and you will lose any right to a prize.
Proof of purchase must be identical to that provided by you with your entry.
If, in the Promoter’s opinion, you have shared any proof of purchase with another person, your entries will be invalid and you will lose any right to a prize.
Prize claim date: 5pm (AEST, which is 7pm NZST) on 17/08/2019.
If a prize has not been accepted or claimed by the prize claim date above or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can’t contact a winner (or a winner does not contact the Promoter) by the prize claim date above, the relevant entry will be discarded, and the Promoter will re-award the prize to the person who submitted the next best valid entry.
Collection and use of your personal information
If you are a winner, you and your companions must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. You/your companions consent to the Promoter using your names and images in any promotional or advertising activity.
The Promoter may collect your/your companion’s personal information directly or through its agents or contractors. The Promoter will use your/your companions’ personal information to conduct and manage the competition. The Promoter may disclose your/your companions’ personal information to its related companies, agents and contractors to assist in conducting this competition, communicating with you/your companions or storing data.
By entering, you consent to the Promoter keeping your personal information on its database to use for future marketing purposes, including contacting you by electronic messaging. By entering, you consent to receive email or SMS messages from the Promoter without any functional unsubscribe facility.
(a) how to seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about you and seek correction of the information; and
(b) how to complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.
1. These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. Your entry must be received during the Competition Period and will be deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter. If you return a Qualifying Purchase your entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion (unless the product is defective). The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. If you enter using automatically generated entries or multiple phone numbers/email addresses/addresses/aliases, you may be disqualified.
3. Every entry, including any “25 words or less” statement, must be your original work and not copied.
4. The Promoter may copy and amend your entry (including the “25 words or less” statement) and may use (or allow others to use) your entry and any rights in relation to your entry, to publicise this competition or for any other purpose. These rights are perpetual, royalty free, world-wide, irrevocable and transferable. For example, the Promoter may publish all or any part of your entry or any amended version of it. The Promoter may also decide not to publish an entry, to cease publication of an entry, or to publish an edited entry.
5. You warrant that your entry does not breach any third party rights (for example, intellectual property rights) and its use by the Promoter or any other person will not breach such rights nor otherwise breach any law (for example, it is not defamatory, in contempt of court or in breach of any privacy law). Your entry must not be obscene, offensive, malicious, discriminatory, indecent or (in the Promoter’s opinion) otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (for example it must not include nudity or language the Promoter deems offensive).
6. You must ensure your entry does not contain any virus, malware or other malicious or inappropriate computer code or material.
7. Prize/s and all elements of prize/s must be taken as and when offered or will be forfeited, and if forfeited, the Promoter will not be liable. Prize/s are subject to any additional terms and conditions imposed by the relevant supplier or the Promoter, including, as relevant:
(a) validity period/s;
(b) booking and availability of flights, accommodation and events;
(c) conditions of travel and conditions of entry into any event venues (including behaviour requirements and applicable dress codes);
(d) conditions of ticket validity and any restrictions on ticket on-sale or transfer;
(e) travel dates and specified travel exclusion periods;
(f) any additional fees (payable by you) relating to changes made by you/your companions to a travel/event prize after it has been booked;
(g) the requirement to obtain all necessary documents to travel to any overseas location specified, including a current and valid passport and any visas required; and
(h) a requirement to present your credit card when checking in to accommodation.
8. You/your companions are responsible for all other unspecified costs related to the prize, including meals, transport, insurance (including excesses), in-room charges, additional taxes, etc.
9. The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you choose to, or choose not to, share the prize.
10. Any failure by you or your companion/s to comply with the conditions imposed by the prize supplier(s) may result in the prize being cancelled or withdrawn without liability for the Promoter or the prize supplier(s).
11. If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions including if you are unable to take the prize on the relevant dates, your entry (or at the Promoter’s discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
12 You must not:
(a) tamper with the entry process;
(b) engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
(c) act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
(d) do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
(e) breach any law; or
(f) behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
13. You are responsible for your companions and the Promoter may disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, you or any or all of your companions if they breach these conditions, whether or not legally bound by them.
14. If you (or your companions), in the opinion of the Promoter (and/or a medical professional, as relevant to the circumstances), are intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behave aggressively or offensively, or behave in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate, the Promoter may cancel the prize or restrict you (and your companions) from participating in any elements of the prize, at its discretion.
15. The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
16. The Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
17. Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged nor (except where cash is specified) redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the relevant gaming authorities.
18. By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
19. If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the relevant gaming authorities. Where it is practical for it to do so, the Promoter will notify you of such changes.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. For Australian Residents, If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
22. Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury (including allergies, skin conditions or other reactions, as relevant), illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
23. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of prize/s, or for any damage that occurs to displayed prize/s (where relevant). Unless otherwise specified, prize/s will only be delivered to addresses in Australia.
24. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to any social media platform. You completely release any relevant social media platforms from any and all liability.