Keno [QLD – Win One (1) Prize Per Ticket (prize valued at $35,552)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
KENO – LUNAR NEW YEAR CASH GIVEAWAY
PROMOTIONAL PERIOD and PROMOTER
1. The “Lunar New Year Cash Giveaway” Promotion (the Promotion) will commence upon
the start of the first Keno game at or after 5:00am on Monday 4 February 2019, and ends
at the last Keno game commencing at or before 4:30am on Monday 11 February 2019
(the Promotional Period).
2. The promoter in:
i. New South Wales, is Keno (NSW) Pty Ltd (ACN 003 992 327);
ii. Queensland, is Keno (QLD) Pty Ltd (ACN 071 366 446);
iii. Victoria, is Tabcorp Investments No.5 Pty Ltd (ACN 105 341 366); and
iv. the Australian Capital Territory, is Tabcorp ACT Pty Ltd (ACN 167 957 002),
of Level 21, Tower 2, 727 Collins Street, Docklands, Victoria 3008, telephone (03) 9218
1002 (collectively referred to, as relevant in each jurisdiction, as the Promoter).
3. The Promotion will be conducted by the Promoter at all physical retail venues located in
the States of New South Wales, Queensland, and Victoria (Participating Venues) as
well as digital channels operated by the Promoter in the Australian Capital Territory
(Keno Online). For the avoidance of doubt, the Promotion will not be conducted in retail
venues located in the Australian Capital Territory and will not include tickets purchased
online in New South Wales.
4. Participation in the Promotion via the Keno Online channel is strictly limited to users
accessing Keno Online by way of the iPhone mobile application. The Promotion is not
available to customers attempting to access Keno online via Android or desktop.
5. In order to participate in the Promotion, persons must:
i. be 18 years of age or over;
ii. be an Australian resident;
iii. not be excluded (self-excluded or otherwise) from participation in the game of
Keno or from a Participating Venue;
iv. not be a resident of South Australia or New Zealand; and
v. satisfy the entry requirements stated in these terms and conditions (Terms).
(collectively, an Eligible Participant).
6. By participating in the Promotion, each Eligible Participant agrees to these Terms.
HOW TO ENTER
7. To enter the Promotion, an Eligible Participant must, during the Promotional Period:
i. Spend $8.00 or more on the purchase of any single “1 to 10, 15, 20, or 40 Spot”
Keno Classic (excluding the cost of Keno Bonus) or Keno Mega Millions game
ticket (Qualifying Ticket) within the Promotional Period; and
ii. Purchase the Qualifying Ticket from Keno Online via the iPhone app, or from a
Self-Service Terminal or Operator terminal at a Participating Venue.
(collectively, a Qualifying Entry).
8. A Qualifying Entry will automatically be entered into the Promotion.
9. This Promotion does not prevent a player from adding Keno Bonus to a Keno Classic
game that is a Qualifying Ticket. However, the cost of adding Keno Bonus will not be
included in determining whether a Keno Classic ticket is a Qualifying Ticket.
10. There are three (3) tiers of Prizes available to be won:
i. A prize of $8.00 payable to a Winner (the First Minor Prizes);
ii. A prize of $88.00 payable to a Winner (the Second Minor Prizes); and
iii. A prize of $888.00 payable to a Winners (the Major Prizes).
11. A total of 524 Prizes will be awarded during the Promotion in accordance with the prize
table at Clause 16.
12. All Prizes will be awarded in the Promotion. However, some Prizes may not be claimed by
a Winner where the Winner has purchased their Qualifying Ticket from a Participating
Venue and failed to scan that Qualifying Ticket to ascertain whether a Prize was awarded.
13. There will not be a redraw of any Prize.
14. A Qualifying Entry will become invalidated where the Qualifying Ticket is subsequently
15. If the Promoter reasonably suspects that a Winner is not an Eligible Participant, has
breached these Terms and Conditions or has acted improperly to increase their chances
of winning a Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the Prize.
16. The Prizes available to be awarded in the Promotion are as follows:
Jurisdiction Prize Quantity Value Total value
Victorian Participating Venues
$8.00 103 $824
$88.00 21 $1,848
$888.00 7 $6,216
New South Wales
$8.00 103 $824
$88.00 21 $1,848
$888.00 7 $6,216
$8.00 103 $824
$88.00 21 $1,848
$888.00 7 $6,216
Australian Capital Territory by
Keno Online (via iPhone app)
$8.00 103 $824
$88.00 21 $1,848
$888.00 7 $6,216
TOTAL VALUE OF PROMOTION $35,552
SELECTION OF WINNERS AND CLAIMING PRIZES
17. Irrespective of the method of purchase (either via Keno Online or Participating Venues in
the relevant jurisdictions), the Keno host software (Keno Host) will randomly select a
Qualifying Entry as a winner of a Prize in the Promotion (a Winner) and the Prize that a
Winner has won in accordance with Clauses 10 and 16.
Claiming a Prize – General
18. All Winners will be entitled to one of the Prizes as described in Clause 10 and Clause 16.
19. A Qualifying Ticket is only eligible to win one (1) Prize per ticket. Multiple prizes will not be
awarded for a single Qualifying Ticket.
20. There is no limit to the number of Qualifying Entries a player can make in this Promotion.
21. The Promoter has absolute discretion and will make any final determination required in
relation to whether a Qualifying Ticket is purchased for the drawing of the relevant Keno
game during the Promotional Period, and whether that game commences or concludes
(as the case may be) at such time so as to permit that purchase to be a Qualifying Entry.
22. A Qualifying Ticket that is cancelled is not eligible to win a Prize in the Promotion.
23. A Winner must claim any Prize within the period defined by the Keno Rules in each
jurisdiction for that Prize to be payable in this Promotion.
Claiming a Prize – Participating Venues
24. If an Eligible Participant purchases their Qualifying Ticket from a Participating Venue, the
Eligible Participant must scan that Qualifying Ticket to ascertain whether they are a
25. The Keno Host will identify a Qualifying Entry at purchase but will not provide a customer
with any further ticket/s in relation to the Promotion itself. A player may be a Winner in the
Promotion without necessarily winning a prize in the Keno game for which the Qualifying
Ticket was purchased.
26. Where a Prize is claimed from a Self-Service Terminal at a Participating Venue, a message
will appear indicating that the Winner has won a Prize, and the credit value added to the
Keno winnings (if any) that corresponds to the Prize won. The Winner can then withdraw
the Prize and Keno winnings (if any) as a voucher, which can then be presented to an
operator for payment.
27. Where a Prize is claimed from an Operator Terminal at a Participating Venue, the operator
will inform the Winner that a Prize has been won and make payment to the Winner.
28. All responsibility to check Qualifying Tickets purchased from a Participating Venue
remains with the player that has made the purchase. The Promoter is not responsible for
any lost or damaged prize as a result of failure to check whether a Qualifying Ticket has
won a prize in the Promotion.
Claiming a Prize – Keno Online
29. For Qualifying Tickets purchased from Keno Online via the iPhone app, the Keno Host
will automatically recognize a Qualifying Entry, whether that Qualifying Entry is a Winner,
and will credit the account of the player with the relevant Prize in accordance with those
outlined at Clause 10 and 16.
30. Where a Prize is claimed from Keno Online via the iPhone app, a message will appear
communicating that a Prize has been won and the credit value added to the balance of the
account of the Winner that corresponds to the Prize won.
31. The Promoter is not responsible for a lost, stolen or damaged Prize. Subject to the
consumer guarantees set out in Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law
(as defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (the Consumer
Guarantee), the Promoter does not warrant the merchantability, suitability and/or fitness
for purpose of any goods and/or services awarded as a Prize (if any).
32. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond its reasonable
control the Prize is unavailable. The Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to
substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with an alternative prize to the equal value
and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law and subject to the
Consumer Guarantees and to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
33. Information on how to enter the Promotion, and the Prize itself, form part of these Terms
and Conditions. Participation in the Promotion by an Eligible Participant (and acceptance
of a Prize by a Winner) confirms their acceptance of the Terms and Conditions governing
34. Directors, management and employees of the Promoter or any of the Tabcorp group of
companies or any venue or any agencies associated with the Promotion, and all
members of their respective immediate families, are not eligible to enter in the Promotion.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “immediate family” means any of the
following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by
adoption), parent, step-parent, brother, sister, step-brother or step-sister.
35. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to:
a) request the Winner provide proof of age and identity prior to awarding the Prize;
b) verify the validity of entries and Eligible Participant (including an Eligible Participant’s
identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Eligible Participant whose
entry is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with any
entry process; and
c) refuse to award the Prize if the Promoter reasonably suspects that the Winner is not
eligible, has breached these Terms and Conditions or has acted improperly to
increase their chances of winning the Prize.
36. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. The
Winner may be required to complete a statutory declaration to confirm their eligibility to
accept the Prize. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does
not constitute a waiver of those rights.
37. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or for any reason whatsoever
beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promotion is not capable of being
conducted as reasonably anticipated, the Promoter reserves the right (unless doing so
would be prohibited by any law including the consumer guarantees set out in the
Consumer Guarantees) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion subject to
any written directions from any relevant regulatory body.
38. Decisions of the management of the Promoter are final and binding. No correspondence
will be entered into. To the extent that a situation or issue arises for which these Terms
and Conditions make no provision or in relation to which the relevant Terms and
Conditions are unclear, the Promoter reserves the right to make a decision regarding
such situation or issue in its sole and absolute discretion and such decision will be final
39. By entering the Promotion, each Eligible Participant consents to the Promoter using (or
permitting authorised third parties to use) the Eligible Participant’s name, likeness, image
and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an
unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion
(including any outcome), the Promoter and or products/services supplied by the
40. As a condition of accepting a Prize, the Winner must sign any legal documentation as and
in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion,
including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
41. In relation to all activities connected with the Promotion, the Winner will refrain from
expressing a negative or disparate view of the Promoter, its operations and any of its
related bodies corporate.
42. The Promoter will collect, use and disclose the Eligible Participant’s Personal Information
(as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) in order to administer and conduct the
Promotion, carry out any activities connected with or related to the Promotion and provide
any related or ancillary goods/services. The Eligible Participant’s Personal Information
may also be used and disclosed in accordance with any other terms and conditions
previously agreed to by the Eligible Participant (if any) and in accordance with the
the Personal Information requested by the Promoter, the Promoter may not permit the
Eligible Participant to participate in the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, the Eligible
Participant consents to the Promoter: (a) collecting and using the Eligible Participant’s
Personal Information in relation to the purposes referred to above; and (b) where
considered necessary by the Promoter, disclosing the Eligible Participant’s Personal
Information to third parties, including, but not limited to, Prize suppliers or regulatory
authorities and for any purpose to which the Eligible Participant has previously
consented, including but not limited to, future promotional, marketing and publicity
purposes. Eligible Participants should direct any request to access, update or correct their
Personal Information to the Promoter using the contact details set out above. All entry
forms become the property of the Promoter.
43. Except for any implied condition or warranty (including any applicable Consumer
Guarantee) the exclusion of which from these Terms and Conditions would contravene
any statute or cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void (Non Excludable
Condition), the Promoter excludes from these Terms and Conditions all conditions,
warranties and terms, implied by statute, general law or custom. Except for any liability in
relation to a Non Excludable Condition, the Promoter (including its officers, employees,
contractors and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including, without
limitation, negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss,
damage, cost, expense, damage or claim suffered, sustained or incurred (including
without limitation loss of opportunity or loss of profits) whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising either directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the
Promotion or the Prize, including (without limitation) the following: (a) any technical
difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim
that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the
Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any
variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax
implications; (f) the cancellation or postponement of an event which constitutes the Prize;
and/or (g) a Prize or use of a Prize.
44. All Prize values are GST inclusive, in Australian dollars and are the recommended retail
value as provided by the supplier and are correct at the time of printing. Promotional
pictures may not represent the actual Prizes.
45. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of the Winner receiving the Prize are
the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax
implications that may arise from the Promotion or Prize and encourages the Winner to
seek independent financial and tax advice.
46. Any enquiries should be directed to the Promoter.
47. For the Promoter in the State of New South Wales, the rules and laws of New South
Wales govern the Promotion. For the Promoter in the State of Queensland, the rules and
laws of Queensland govern the Promotion. For the Promoter in the State of Victoria, the
rules and laws of Victoria govern the Promotion. For the Promoter in the Australian
Capital Territory, the rules and laws of the Australian Capital Territory govern the
48. The Promoter and each Eligible Participant submits to the jurisdiction of the courts in the
relevant state in which the Promotion operates and the Commonwealth of Australia in
respect of all matters arising out of these Terms and Conditions.
49. NSW Permit Number LTPS/19/31334
50. ACT Permit Number ACT TP 19/00086