Chemist Warehouse – John Frieda – Win a trip for 2 to Bali, Indonesia valued at AU$10,000
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the John Frieda® Hair Care/Chemist Warehouse Promotion (Promotion)
1. THE PROMOTER
The Promoter is Chemist Warehouse (ABN: 55936350450) of 44 Raglan St, Preston VIC 3072 Phone: 1300 367 283 (Promoter) on behalf of www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/johnfriedacompetition, www.epharmacy.com.au/johnfriedacompetition and www.mychemist.com.au/johnfriedacompetition
2. TERMS OF ENTRY
Information on How to Enter and prize information form part of these Conditions of Entry (Conditions of Entry).
Competition entries can be made from 12.00am AEST on Friday May 25th, 2018 until 11:59pm AEST on Thursday June 21st, 2018 through the promoter’s website: www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/johnfriedacompetition, www.epharmacy.com.au/johnfriedacompetition and www.mychemist.com.au/johnfriedacompetition
Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. The Entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the Conditions of Entry at the time of participation. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction (whether communicated to an Entrant or not) does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Conditions of Entry generally.
Entries received outside the Competition period will not be eligible or accepted.
Entries that are incomplete, illegible or indecipherable will not be valid and will be deemed void.
The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, stolen, illegible, misdirected or damaged however caused.
Submitting an entry constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Multiple entries by eligible entrants are accepted, subject to entrants holding multiple proofs of purchase with different valid purchase receipt numbers.
All Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Conditions of Entry even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded a prize to the ineligible person. Return of the prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter may be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these Conditions of Entry and the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
All prices stated are in Australian dollars, represent the recommended retail price (RRP) and include GST. All references to times and dates are to times and dates in Melbourne, which may be Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) or Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time (AEDT) depending on the date. All times are stated using the 24 hour clock.
Entry in the Promotion is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants) excluding:
I. management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related entities, the Participating Outlets and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prizes);
II. a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 8(a) of these Conditions of Entry; and
III. persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter.
HOW TO ENTER
L. To enter and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, purchase any two (2) John Frieda® products (Eligible Products) from a Chemist Warehouse or My Chemist retail store (Qualifying Purchase) to receive the entry details required and complete their entry in accordance with these Terms (Eligible Entry).
M. Entry is via Internet only (Web Entry) as follows:
To enter and also be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants can, during the Promotion Period, complete a Web Entry by:
i.Visiting www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/johnfriedacompetition, www.epharmacy.com.au/johnfriedacompetition and www.mychemist.com.au/johnfriedacompetition (Online Entry Site); and
ii. fully completing and submitting the online Promotion entry form on the Online Entry Site (Online Entry Form), including:
i. their First Name + Surname + Street Address + Suburb + State + Postcode + Daytime Phone + email + date of birth;
ii. the last five (5) digits of a Valid Barcode number from their Qualifying Purchases;
iii. the last three (3) digits of a Valid receipt number;
iv. indicating their acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (Web Entry).
N. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion website are the entrant’s responsibility and are dependent on the internet service provider used. Eligible Entrants must submit their entries manually using an internet browser.
O. If an Eligible Entrant submits a Web Entry, the Eligible Entrant will receive one of the following messages, as applicable:
a. which complies with these Terms, they will receive an on-screen notification confirming that their Web Entry is valid and has been received; or
b. which does not comply with these Terms, they will receive an on-screen notification that their Web Entry is invalid.
P. There is a limit of three to the number of invalid Barcodes that may be submitted by Entrants in attempting to enter the Promotion. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, block and / or disqualify Entrants from submitting further Web Entries (together referred to as Entries) into the Promotion where they have reached that limit.
Q. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that any entry mechanism will be available at all times.
R. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the Promotion repeatedly is prohibited and will render Entries submitted using such means invalid.
S. Incomplete, illegible, indecipherable or incorrect Entries, or which contain offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
T. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database, not time of transmission by the entrant.
U. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Entries, or Entries not received for any reason.
V. Entrants must retain a photocopy of their purchase receipt and product barcode from the Eligible Products they purchased as part of their Qualifying Purchase (Proof of Purchase) which corresponds to each entry they submit in the Promotion in order to claim any Prize (if won).
W. If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Entrants must produce, within the time requested by the Promoter at its absolute discretion:
(a) appropriate photo identification or other documentation, required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age, eligibility to enter the Promotion and claim a Prize (if drawn) and compliance with these Conditions of Entry; and
(b) their Proof of Purchase that corresponds to all Entries they have submitted in the Promotion.
If the items required by the Promoter are not received or an entrant has not been verified to the satisfaction of the Promoter within the time period required by the Promoter, the Entry(s) submitted by the Eligible Entrant will be deemed as invalid.
X. Prizes will only be awarded following all validation and verification requirements of the Promoter being met to its satisfaction. In the event that the Eligible Entrant cannot provide suitable validation or verification, that Eligible Entrant will forfeit their Prize and no substitute will be offered.
Y. All costs associated or arising in connection with the Prizes (including any tax liabilities as set out in section 57 of these Conditions of Entry) are the responsibility of the respective Prize winner.
Z. Entrants can only enter the Promotion in their own name.
DRAW AND PRIZE INFORMATION
AA. A random electronic prize draw will be conducted at 44 Raglan St, Preston VIC 3072 (Draw Location) by a representative of the Promoter at 12 noon on 28/06/2018 from Eligible Entries received during the Promotion (Prize Draw).
BB. The first Eligible Entrant with a valid Eligible Entry drawn in the Prize Draw will win a trip for winner and a guest to Bali, Indonesia as described herein and valued at AU$10,000 (including GST) (RRP) (Prize).
I. Two (2) x return business flights from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Bali, Indonesia.
II. Seven (7)nights twin/double share four (4) star accommodation in Bali (at an exact hotel selected by the Promoter);
III. AU$2,000 (GST free) spending money awarded to the winner.
Additional Terms of Prize: Additional spending money, additional meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken by 01/08/2019 and is subject to booking and flight availability. Prize cannot be taken during Australian and U.K. school holidays, public holidays or other peak periods.
The winner and his/her companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
Spending money will be awarded in the form of a cheque or as a payment into the winner’s nominated bank account (EFT), as nominated by the winner.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
CC. The Prize Draw winners will be:
(a) notified by Phone and Mail within two (2) days of the Prize Draw; and;
(b) published at www.facebook.com/johnfriedaaus on 30/06/2018.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
40. If the Prize is unclaimed by 30/11/2018, a random electronic re-draw will be conducted on that date at 12 noon at the Draw Location by a representative of the Promoter from all remaining Eligible Entries received in the Promotion (i.e. all those Eligible Entries that did not win the prize in the Prize Draw), subject to any directions from State and Territory Gaming Departments (Re-Draw).
NOTIFICATIONS OF RE-DRAW WINNERS
41. The Re-Draw winner, if any, will be
(a) Notified by phone and mail within two (2) days of the Re- Draw on 30/11/2018; and
(b) Published at www.facebook.com/johnfriedaaus.
42. Prizes awarded in the Re-Draw, if any, will be delivered to the residential address as advised by each respective Re-Draw Prize Winner.
43. If more than one person attempts to claim the prize, the Promoter has sole and absolute discretion to determine which of those persons the winning entrant is.
44. Each Qualifying Purchase of two John Frieda Products counts towards one (1) entry only.
45. Eligible Entrants may enter the Promotion multiple times, up to a maximum of 15 times each, by submitting a new entry for each Qualifying Purchase. This is subject to a maximum of 2 (two) Eligible Entries per household on any given day throughout the Promotion Period :
46. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prizes must be taken as offered and may not be varied.
47. The Promoter shall not be liable for the Prize being lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way before they reach the winners or after they have been released to the winners.
48. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize from the time of printing Promotion materials.
49. If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner(s) with a nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value to the nominated Prize, subject to any directions given by State and / or Territory Gaming Departments.
50. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available, or the Participating Outlets will be open, at all times during the Promotion Period.
51. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of being run as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, network failure, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, subject to States and Territories regulations, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion.
52. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry or draw mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Promotion, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
53. Incomplete, illegible, indecipherable or incorrect entries are not eligible to win.
54. The Promoter, the Promoter’s related entities, the Participating Outlets and all agencies associated with the Promotion; and the employees, agents, directors and contractors, of all such entities shall not be liable for any loss or claim, action, demand, liability, damage, cost, expense or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential loss), incurred, suffered or sustained by any person or entity (without limitation) in connection with, or arising from, the Promotion or the acceptance or use of the Prizes, except that which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
55. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning or receiving the benefit of a Prize.
56. Prize winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in any Promotion activity (such as publicity and photography) relating to the winning of a Prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in any future promotional material.
57. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
58. All entries become the sole property of the Promoter.
59. All information Entrants provide (Personal Information) will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this Promotion and may be entered into a database and the Promoter, the Promoter’s related entities, agencies engaged by the Promoter, or any other third party nominated by the Promoter, for the Promoter’s current and future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them.
60. The Promoter may disclose Entrants’ Personal Information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities.
61. Entrants can request access to update or correct their Personal Information held by the Promoter and may request that they not receive further Promotional or marketing communications from the Promoter by contacting the Promoter at the address above. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. All Personal Information will be securely stored by the Promoter.
62. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
Authorised under Permit Numbers – SA T18/706, NSW LTPS/18/23677, ACT TP 18/00769