Burnside Village – Win a Trip to New York (prize valued at $2,000)
Better Homes and Gardens Luxotic Bedding Give Away May 2019
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this
competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to
this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand except employees and immediate
families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate
family means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether
natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece,
nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Pacific Magazines
Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015 (ABN 16 097 410 896).
4. Entrants are only allowed one entry per person.
5. All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian
over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify consent and may be
required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release will also require the winner’s
parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release
must include the full name, address and telephone number of the winner’s legal guardian. Failure to
provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the
prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
How to enter
6. Enter as many times as you wish by telling us in 25-words-or-less, your answer to the question
posed in Better Homes and Gardens Magazine cover-dated May 2019 and posed at
www.bhg.com.au/win/ , “Why is colour so important to you?”.
Enter an original submission via the internet at www.bhg.com.au/win/
7. Entries must include all requested contact details and a 25-words-or-less answer to be eligible to
win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date
When to enter
8. The competition commences on 04/04/2019 at 00:01 AEDT and closes on 01/05/2019 at
23:59 AEST. The winners will be the best valid entries as judged by the judging panel, having
regard to skill, creativity and originality, at the Promoter’s premises on 06/05/2019 from 11:00
AEST. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the
first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
9. The winners will be notified by mail and their names will be published online at www.bhg.com.au
10. Prizes will be sent within 8 weeks.
Prize on offer
11. Total prize pool value is (up to) $14,197.25, as at 11/02/2019 with a total 55 winners.
12. Individual prizes will be awarded as follows:
– 15 winners will receive an April Designs Queen Size Quilt Set valued at $279.95 each;
– 15 winners will receive a Bella Rosa Queen Size Quilt Set valued at $249.95
– 10 winners will receive an Indochine Queen Size Quilt Set valued at $249.95
– 10 winners will receive an Ashley Queen Size Quilt Set valued at $249.95
– 5 winners will receive a Winter Sketch Queen Size Quilt Set valued at: $249.95
13. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or if the
winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety
and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a
winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be
14. Prize must be taken by 03/08/2019. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time
stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu
of the prize.
Further Terms and Conditions
15. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be
run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event
beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity
or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered
with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
16. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any
problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems,
servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any
phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to
consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with
their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email
SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the
publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member,
journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other
person’s computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from
participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
17. All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers, designs and works. Any such answers,
designs or works cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the
property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from
the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be
returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the
originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal
action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole
discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of
these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise
the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or
other compensation are reserved.
18. Any entrant found to have (a) be used any form of software or third party application to enter
multiple times (including scripting software), (b) used a third party (including online competition
entry site) to enter on their behalf or (c) entered incorrect contact details, including incorrect email
contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to the Prize will be invalidated. If such
an entrant is awarded the Prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must
immediately return the Prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this
clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever
documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant
must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. Failure by the Promoter
to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. If the prize (or an element of the prize) is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves
the right to substitute the prize (or an element of the prize) for a prize of equal or greater value,
subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with
all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as
stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
20. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested
for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts
to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee
that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent
to the prize winner.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other
relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof
of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity
(including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry
considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner
cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be
22. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being
unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
23. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person
who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered
into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to
availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken
as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The
Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no
responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
24. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the
Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received. Pacific Magazines
Pty Ltd (ABN 16 097 410 896) and its related entities (“Pacific”), is collecting your personal
information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition, including for the purpose
of identifying and notifying winners and understanding our audiences. Pacific will otherwise handle
on our website at http://www.sevenwestmedia.com.au/privacy-policies (and which contains
information regarding how you can access your personal information, correct it and/or make a
complaint about our handling of your personal information). By providing your personal information,
entrant’s personal information to its related entities, business partners and external service providers
for research and profiling purposes as well as other purposes reasonably related to the entrant’s
relationship with Pacific. In addition, by entering this competition, you consent to Pacific using your
personal information for the purpose of Pacific and its related entities sending you information
regarding programs, products and services available through them and/or through their business
partners, and to Pacific from time to time sharing your personal information with carefully selected
business partners for the purpose of them sending you such information directly. We will always
provide you with the ability to opt out of those communications.
25. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all
editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and
photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the promoter a perpetual and
non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online
social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for
26. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should
seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or
modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act
2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for
any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter
(including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence),
for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct,
indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
28. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and
excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including
loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a)
any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is
late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due
to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that
stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use
of a prize.