Samsung Capture life’s hidden moment. Win 1/5 Samsung Camera and 1/5 trips to Sydney
Win 1 of 5 Samsung NX30 Smart Cameras
Capture one of life’s hidden moments for your chance to win 1 of 5 Samsung NX30 Smart Camera and to have your photos on display at the Sydney Opera House.
Samsung NX30 Smart Camera Facebook challenge Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter the promotion and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Submissions are only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd ABN 63 002 915 648 (“Promoter”) and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion. In these Terms and Conditions, “immediate families” means any of the following: spouse, ex- spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step- parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step- brother, step-sister or first cousin.
3. The promotional period commences at 9:00 am (AEST) on 20 May 2014 and entries close at 6.00 pm (AEST) on 1 June 2014 (“Promotional Period”).
4. To enter the promotion, individuals must, during the Promotional Period, visit www.facebook.com/SamsungAustralia (“Promoter’s Facebook Page”) and follow the prompts to the Promotional Samsung Facebook Tab – entry page, input the requested details and upload a photograph of life’s hidden moments.
5. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged by a panel of judges selected by the Promoter in its sole discretion on the basis of creativity, originality and suitability to the promotion. The judges reserve the right to select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
6. As a condition of entering this promotion and accepting the Prize (defined below), each winner of this promotion agrees to:
(a) take photos using their Samsung NX30 Samsung Smart camera during the period of 2 June 2014 and 15 June 2014 for display on the Promoter’s Facebook Page and at a private gallery event at the Sydney Opera House to be held at 7:00pm (AEST) on 23 June 2014 (“Event”);
(b) submit those photos to the Promoter by no later than 11:59pm (AEST) 15 June 2014 via a Dropbox link provided by the Promoter; and
(c) attend the Event and participate in all promoted activities at the Event, as reasonably requested by the Promoter and its agents.
7. At the end of the Promotional Period, the best five (5) valid entries to capture life’s hidden moments, as determined by the panel of judges in its absolute discretion, will each win a prize comprising of the following components:
(a) one (1) Samsung NX30 Smart Camera, model number EV-NX30ZZBGBAURRP RRP $1,099.
(b) one (1) return economy airfare to Sydney, Australia to attend the Event from the Australian capital city airport closest to the ordinary residential address of the winner (inclusive of airfare related taxes and charges). If the winner’s residential address is
Sydney, Australia or the metropolitan/regional area of Sydney, Australia, this component of the Prize is forfeited;
(c) one night of five (5) star accommodation at the Meriton Serviced Apartments in Sydney, Australia (twin share) (or similar) for the purpose of attending the Event;
(d) return transfers to and from the destination airport and the destination hotel; and
(e) attendance at the Event,
(together, the “Prize”).
8. There will be five (5) Prizes in total. The total maximum Prize value of all Prizes is $9,105 (flights, accomodation to Sydney and NX30 Camera RRP $1,099).
9. The final judging will take place on 2 June 2014 at Samsung’s Sydney office, 8 Parkview Drive, Homebush Bay. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Each individual winner will also be notified by email within 2 days of the judging taking place.
10. The Prizes must be taken on the dates nominated by the Promoter in its sole discretion to coincide with the activities included in the Prizes, otherwise the Prizes are forfeited. All components of the Prize must be taken together and when offered or are forfeited. The Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with travel discounts or special offers. Travel and accommodation are to be arranged by a licensed agent nominated by the Promoter. The Promoter will arrange for delivery of the Samsung NX30 Smart Camera within five (5) days of notifying the respective winner. The Prize will be delivered to the address advised by the winner at the time of notification. It is the responsibility of the winner to be available to receive the delivery as organised by the Promoter and notified to the winner. The winner is responsible for ensuring correct contact and address details are provided to the Promoter and any updated details are notified to the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility should a winner fail to receive their Prize because of a failure to notify the Promoter of the change of these details.
11. Entries must not contain any material determined by the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, to be obscene, offensive or inappropriate, or infringing upon the rights of any third party (including intellectual property rights). The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to refuse to accept any entry or remove any entry from the promotion that it deems, in its absolute discretion, to be obscene, offensive or inappropriate, or infringing upon the rights of any third party.
12. Each entrant, including each winner, warrants that: (a) any submitted photograph (including any photo submitted by a winner for display at the Event) is a true depiction of the entrant; (b) they have obtained the consent of each person who appears in a photograph submitted by the entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the promotion and, in relation to a photograph submitted by a winner for display at the Event and the Promoter’s Facebook Page, for the purposes outlined in clause 14; (c) if any photograph was taken by a third party, the entrant has obtained all necessary permission to submit the photograph for the purposes of the promotion and, in relation to a photograph submitted by a winner for display at the Event and the Promoter’s Facebook Page, for the purposes outlined in clause 14; (d) they have not made any false statements or provided any false information, including photographs, to the Promoter; and (e) they will indemnify the Promoter against all claims, losses, damages and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranties set out in this clause. All entries and photographs will not be returned.
13. Each entrant agrees to provide the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use any entry for the purpose of this promotion only. To the fullest extent permitted by law, each entrant consents to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) for the purpose of this promotion only.
14. Each winner agrees to provide a non-exclusive, royalty free licence to the Promoter and its agents to use the photographs submitted by the winner to the Promoter for display at the Event and the Promoter’s Facebook Page (as contemplated by clause 6) and for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), the Event, the Promoter or any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. To the fullest extent permitted by law, each winner consents to any use of the photographs submitted by the winner to the Promoter for display at the Event and the Promoter’s Facebook Page (as contemplated by clause 6) which may otherwise infringe their moral rights under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), the Event, the Promoter or any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
16. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
17. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry being submitted separately and in accordance with the entry requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions; and (b) each entry being substantially unique.
18. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
19. Prizes, or any unused portion of a Prize, will not be transferable or exchangeable and will not be able to be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photographs, film and/or recording of the same), including any footage taken by the Promoter or its agents at the Event, in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), the Event, the Promoter or any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to, technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The Promoter makes no guarantee of the availability of the web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in this promotion.
23. All additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of the Prize, are the responsibility of the winners. Such additional costs may include, but are not limited to, transport and/or travel to and from the winners’ ordinary residential address and the Event in Sydney, Australia, additional accommodation in Sydney, Australia not included in the Prize, additional meals and beverages not included in the Prize, telephone calls and data, laundry services, spending money, transport to and from the departure airport, other transfers not included in the Prize, taxes including arrival and departure taxes (if applicable) but excluding airfare related taxes and charges included in the Prize, insurance, travel insurance, passports and visas (if applicable). The winners may be required to present a credit card at time of accommodation check-in.
24. Subject to clause 25, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the offer, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a entrant; or (f) use of the Prize.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (“CCA”) or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. If the CCA or any other legislation implies a condition, warranty or term into the Terms and Conditions or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Terms and Conditions, in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), the Promoter’s liability for breach of such a condition, warranty, other term or guarantee is limited to (at the Promoter’s election), to the extent it is able to do so: (1) in the case of supply of goods, the Promoter doing any one or more of the following: (a) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods; (b) repairing the goods; (c) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or (d) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or (2) in the case of supply of services, the Promoter doing either or both of the following: (a) supply the services again; and/or (b) paying the cost of having the services supplied again. To the extent the Promoter is unable to limit its liability as set out in the previous sentence, the Promoter limits its liability to the extent such liability is lawfully able to be limited.
27. The Promoter is Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd ABN 63 002 915 648 of Quad Samsung, 8 Parkview Drive, Homebush Bay, NSW 2127. Telephone 1300 362 603