i98fm Wollongong – Win The Ultimate Money Can’t Buy Experience
Doc ID 583821623/v1
Terms and Conditions: Australian Film Institute – Win the Ultimate AACTA Awards Experience in Sydney
1. These terms and conditions relate to the “Win the Ultimate AACTA Awards Experience in Sydney” competition
2. The promoter of the Competition is the Australian Film Institute (ABN 17 006 725 266), 236 Dorcas Street,
South Melbourne, Victoria 3205, telephone number (03) 9696 1844 (Promoter).
3. By entering the Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
4. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to the
Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
5. Subject to clauses 6, 7 and 11, entry to the Competition is open to individual permanent Australian residents
who are 18 years of age or over.
6. Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter and their immediate family members (whether or not they live
in the same household) are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Entrants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has
awarded the Prize (as defined below in clause 12) to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the
Prize or payment of its value to the Promoter.
8. The Competition commences at 8.30am AEST on Thursday, 4 October, 2018 and entries close at 12.01am
on Monday 5 November, 2018 (Promotion Period).
9. To enter the Competition, eligible entrants must,
within the Promotion Period, complete all fields of the online entry form located at
https://www.aacta.org/win/ and in 25 words or fewer answer the question: ‘Who would you most like to
walk the AACTA Awards red carpet with and why?’ (Question).
10. Each entrant may enter the Competition once only.
11. Entries that contain any incorrect personal information or incorrect contact details of the entrant will be
deemed invalid entries and will not be eligible.
12. There is one (1) prize (Prize), consisting of:
Two (2) return economy flights (departing from nearest Australian capital city) to Sydney on Tuesday 4
December 2018, and on return departing from Sydney on Thursday 6 December 2018;
Return airport transfers for two people from Sydney Airport to The Star Sydney Astral Tower on Tuesday 4
December 2018, and returning on Thursday 6 December 2018;
Two (2) nights’ accommodation for two people at The Star Sydney Astral Tower, from Tuesday 4
December, 2018 to Wednesday 5 December, 2018 inclusive (checking out on Thursday 6 December,
2018). The guest will be responsible for settling their own incidentals directly with hotel and they will need to
provide an individual credit card upon check in as a guarantee;
Breakfast for two people on the mornings of Wednesday 5 December, 2018 and Thursday 6 December,
2018 at Harvest Buffet at The Star;
Doc ID 583821623/v1
Return transfers for two people from The Star Sydney Astral Tower to Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb on
Tuesday 4 December 2018;
Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb for two people, to be taken on the morning of Tuesday 4 December, 2018 at
One-hour massage for two people at The Darling Spa, to be taken at 5pm on Tuesday 4 December, 2018;
The Star dining voucher to the value of $250, to be redeemed at Sokyo restaurant at The Star at 7.45pm on
Tuesday 4 December, 2018;
AACTA Styling Suite access for two people (hair and make-up) on the morning of Wednesday 5 December,
2018 at time to be allocated;
Two (2) premium tickets to attend the AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel Ceremony and Official After
Party held in Sydney at The Star on Wednesday 5 December 2018;
12-month WHO Magazine subscription; and
Two AACTA Awards glamour gift bags.
The total Prize is valued at approximately AU$7,450
13. The Prize is non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash or exchanged for an alternative.
14. The Prize Winner and his or her guest must:
both be 18 years of age or over;
be available to travel from 4 December 2018 to 6 December 2018 inclusive;
travel together on the nominated flights.
15. Other transport, spending money, other meal costs and other expenses are not included in the Prize and
are the responsibility of the Prize Winner and his or her guest.
16. The Prize Winner and his or her guest are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel
17. Baggage fees may apply and are the responsibility of the Prize Winner and his or her guest.
18. The flight tickets cannot be upgraded and are not valid to earn Skymiles, frequent flyer, loyalty or status
19. Any changes to the travel plans or nominated flights will incur a charge fee per passenger, per change and
any change is subject to availability. The Prize Winner is responsible for and must cover any costs associated
with changes to flights.
JUDGING AND WINNING
20. All complete entries submitted during the Promotion Period will be judged by a panel of three (3) employees
of the Promoter (Judges) who will determine, in their sole discretion, which entrant best answers the
Question (Prize Winner).
21. The Prize Winner will, wherever possible, be contacted by email by Tuesday 6 November, 2018 and will be
advised by the Promoter on how and when the Prize will be provided if it is accepted.
22. The Prize Winner will be announced and have his or her details published on Thursday 15 November, 2018 in
WHO Magazine and online at www.aacta.org/win.
23. The Prize Winner will have until 5.00pm on Thursday, 8 November 2018 to accept/claim the Prize.
Doc ID 583821623/v1
PROVISION OF PRIZE
24. The Prize will be provided to the Prize Winner by tickets and a letter outlining details. The Prize Winner’s Prize
will be provided within 7 working days of the Prize Winner accepting/claiming the Prize.
25. If the Prize Winner cannot be located the Prize will be kept until 5.00pm on 12 November 2018. If, at the end of
that period, either the Prize Winner cannot be located following the Promoter’s reasonable efforts, or if the Prize
Winner does not accept/claim the Prize by that time, the Prize Winner will forfeit the Prize and the Prize will be
awarded to the entrant whose answer to the Question was judged by the Judges, in their sole discretion, as
second best. In this case the subsequent Prize Winner will, wherever possible, be contacted by email by 13
26. Any subsequent winner of a previously forfeited Prize (also referred to as a Prize Winner) will be
announced and have his or her details published on Thursday 22 November, 2018 in WHO Magazine
and online at www.aacta.org/win.
27. All entries will be the property of the Promoter and may be used for promotional purposes.
28. All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish the entrant’s name,
photographs and likeness.
29. The Prize Winner and his or her guest must make themselves available for photographs if required by the
Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to use those photographs for publicity in any
reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the entrant and/or his or her guest. The Prize Winner
agrees to participate in any news and other media activities surrounding the Competition (e.g. interview and
photo for pages of the Promoter’s website).
30. It is the entrant’s responsibility to advise the Promoter of any change of personal details and contact details
by providing written notice to the Promoter at the above address specified in clause 2. The Promoter bears
no responsibility for incorrect personal or contact details which results in individual entrants being invalid
from participating in the Competition due to incorrect details on their entry form.
31. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by an entrant or for
any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error,
or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition including any
omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone,
mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
32. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomprehensible or incorrect entries in the Promotion Period.
The Promoter also accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from Prize winnings in the
Competition. All entrants should seek independent financial advice about such matters.
33. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or (without limitation) any other event outside the
Promoter’s reasonable control that would reasonably prevent the Competition from occurring or the Prize from
being granted or used, the Promoter is entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
Competition and/or the Prize subject to written direction from any relevant regulatory authority if
Doc ID 583821623/v1
34. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to)
technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the Promoter’s control
which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the
Competition, the Promoter is entitled in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
Competition subject to written direction from any relevant regulatory authority if required.
35. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those
36. In the event there is a dispute concerning the judging of the entries, the conduct of the Competition or the
awarding of a Prize, the decision of the Judges and/or Promoter will be final and no correspondence will be
37. The entrant releases the Promoter and its related bodies from any and all causes of action, losses, liability,
damage, expense (including legal expenses) cost or charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the
Prize Winner and/or his or her guest and from loss or damage to any physical property of the Prize Winner, or
any injury to or death of the Prize Winner, his or her guest or any other person arising out of, or related to, or
in any way connected with the Prize, using the Prize or participating in the Competition.
38. In the event of any third party, other than the Promoter, cancelling any event or failing to provide any
goods or services relating to the Competition including the Prize, the Promoter will not be held
39. To facilitate the entrant’s participation in the Competition, the Promoter may disclose the entrant’s
personal information to other companies associated with the Competition and may use the entrant’s
personal information for the purposes of administering the Competition.