Discover your own Backyard – Win a Private Cooking Class for You and Four Friends Valued at $1000 Thanks to Otao Kitchen Cooking School (prize valued at $1,000)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
WHO CAN ENTER
2. Entry is only open to Victorian residents.
3. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the
parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions.
Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter (Destination Melbourne) to enter into a
further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
4. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, including but not limited to
Destination Melbourne and Otao Kitchen Cooking School staff, and agencies associated with
this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse,
ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent,
stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister,
stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
WHEN TO ENTER
5. The competition commences on Monday 12 February 2018 at 09:00am (AEDT) and concludes
on Monday 2 April 2018 at 11:59pm (AEDT) (“the Competition Period”). Entries must be
received by the Promoter by the competition close date and time.
6. Entrants are able to submit more than one entry.
HOW TO ENTER
7. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
(a) Take a photo or video of their favourite Asian dish from a restaurant, cafe, food truck, etc
in Melbourne’s foodie suburbs.
(b) Upload the photo or video to Instagram.
(c) Include the hashtag #discoverfoodiemelbourne in the post.
(d) Follow @dyobmelbourne and @otaokitchen on Instagram to find out if you’ve won.
8. Entrant’s Instagram page must be set on public.
9. Only photos or videos taken within metropolitan Melbourne are eligible for entry.
10. There is one major prize package on offer:
An Otao Kitchen Cooking School private cooking class for five people with your choice of
cuisine — Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese or Indian.
TOTAL PRIZE POOL is valued at $1,000(AUD)
11. Validity of the prize cannot be extended and the prize cannot be used in conjunction with any
other offer. The prize is subject to terms and conditions as specified.
12. Otao Kitchen Cooking School 3-hour private cooking class experience for five people must be
redeemed before 31 July 2018.
13. Otao Kitchen Cooking School reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any
or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a
winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in
14. The winner will need to make contact with Otao Kitchen Cooking School directly to
book/redeem their prize. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize is not
included. Redemption of the prize is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer, not
limited to those specified on the vouchers. All components of the prize are subject to
availability at the time of booking.
15. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is
unable to use the prize as stated. If the winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions
or the prize is not utilised or able to be taken within the specified timeframe, the prize will be
forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
16. The prize, or any unused portion of a prize, is not transferable, exchangeable, refundable or
redeemable for cash. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its
discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to
the equal value and/or specification.
17. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive
of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and
the ultimate prize redemption date.
18. In participating in the prize, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all
editorial activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed
and photographed. The winner grants the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to
use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled
to any fee for such use.
19. The winner agrees that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs
to any media or other organisation. The winner undertakes to be personally liable to observe
these terms and conditions.
HOW TO WIN
20. Each entrant who has entered the competition over the Competition Period in accordance
with clause 2 to 9 will be entered into the running to win. The judging will take place at
Destination Melbourne, Level 12, 50 Queen Street, Melbourne on Tuesday 3 April 2018 at
21. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be
individually judged based on creative merit of the photo or video uploaded.
22. The winning entry will be determined as follows:
(a) At the conclusion of the competition period one winner will be chosen
(b) The winner will be announced on the @dyobmelbourne and @otaokitchen Instagram
account on Wednesday 4 April 2018.
23. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The winner must, on request by the Promoters, be able to provide evidence which, to the
reasonable satisfaction of the Promoters, demonstrates that the winner is an eligible entrant
(as per clause 2, 3 and 4) and has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
25. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in
the form required by the Promoter and/or prize supplier in their absolute discretion,
including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
26. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or
legal guardian who must accompany the minor on the trip.
27. Incomplete, indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
28. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process.
29. When an entrant submits any materials via the promotion including comments, and images
(“Content”), the entrant, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licenses and grants the
Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide,
irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display
such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use,
attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and
warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including
photograph) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of
promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products
manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to moderate any photos submitted by entrants using a
32. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall
not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter
may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever (if uploaded onto the
Promoter’s website). Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content
that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual
property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic,
sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to
race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise
unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that
appears in their Content; (c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has
jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their
Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they
will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those
governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’
computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant
agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
33. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,
including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
34. Destination Melbourne, Otao Kitchen Cooking School and associated agencies and companies
will take no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries, or for prizes damaged or lost in
35. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with
Instagram. All information and material submitted to enter this Promotion is submitted to the
Promoter and not Instagram and Instagram shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of
36. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and
is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
37. Destination Melbourne and associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any
misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim
that may occur:
a. during the draw;
b. as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected entries;
c. due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication
of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member,
journalist, other entrants or any other person;
d. arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone
network or lines or mobile communications network related to or resulting from
participation in this promotion;
e. during the use of the prizes;
f. due to circumstances outside the Promoters’ reasonable control.
38. Destination Melbourne and their affiliates assume no responsibility for any error, omission,
interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure,
theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries, and reserves the right
to take any action that may be available.
39. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
40. The Promoter is Destination Melbourne (ABN – 39110657264) of Level 12, 50 Queen Street,
Melbourne Victoria 3000.
41. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for
this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents,
contractors, service providers and prize suppliers. Your details are kept private and only used
for the purpose of contacting you, should you be a winner in this competition. Destination
Melbourne will not contact you unless in relation to this competition. All entries become the
property of the Promoter.