World Wide Fund for Nature Australia – Win a major prize of a trip to the Great Barrier Reef valued at $7,500 OR 1 of 10 minor prizes of a gift pack valued at $50 each
AND WIN A TRIP TO DISCOVER THE
GREAT BARRIER REEF
‘Trip to the Great Barrier Reef’ in partnership with Intrepid Travel
Terms & Conditions
1. Permit Numbers: LTPS/18/22119 (NSW), TP 18/00322 (ACT), T18/267 (SA)
2. The ‘Trip to the Great Barrier Reef’ Competition Giveaway (“Promotion”) commences on 01/03/2018 at 10:00am AEST and final entries
close at 11.59pm AEST on 29/03/2018 (“Promotional Period”). The Licence No. for this Promotion are TBC
3. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
6. The promoter is World Wide Fund for Nature Australia (WWF-Australia. ABN 57 001 594 074) of Level 1, 1 Smail Street, Ultimo, NSW 2007
(“WWF-Australia” or “Promoter”).
7. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its Partners (Intrepid Group 34 126 440 033) associated with this
promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
8. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information
9. To enter, individuals must undertake the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a. Visit www.earthhour.org.au and input the requested information including full name, and email address; and submit
the fully completed entry form online. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. The winners will be drawn on Wednesday, 11 April 2018 at 10AM AEST at Level 1, 1 Smail Street, Ultimo, Sydney, NSW 2007. One winner for the first prize, and ten winners for the 10 runner-up prizes, will be drawn randomly from all eligible entries received.
13. The total prize pool value is $8000. The first prize is valued at $7500, and 10 runner-up prizes are valued at $50 each.
14. The 10 runner-up prizes comprise gift packs of $50 commercial value each, supplied by WWF-Australia (ABN 57 001 594 074). Each prize
pack includes and is not limited to: one Earth Hour Planet to Plate Cookbook ($40 retail value), and two plush toys ($5 each).
15. WWF-Australia reserves the right to replace the prize packs with alternatives of equal value.
16. The first prize is a two-person trip on a 7-day trip from Brisbane to Cairns Northbound. The first prize is valued at a total of $7500. The first
a. Domestic economy class flights for two people, inbound to Brisbane, and outbound from Cairns. Airline is selected at Intrepid Travel’s discretion.
b. A fully guided tour, including:
i. 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 1 dinner
ii. Domestic travel including boat and bus
iii. Accommodation for 6 nights, to be selected at Intrepid Travel’s discretion iv. Activities include:
a. Fraser Island 4WD day trip
b. Flight Brisbane to Airlie Beach c. Tully Indigenous Experience
d. Atherton Tablelands and Cairns e. Great Barrier Reef day cruise
f. WWF-Australia turtle tagging conservation activity at Bowen
17. Eligible for travel before 30th March 2019. Travel blackout dates between 15th December 2018 – 15th January 2019
18. A minimum of 4 travellers must be confirmed on the Intrepid trip for the first prize winner booking to be confirmed on their requested
date, please check at time of booking.
19. The first prize is supplied by Intrepid Travel Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 34 126 440 033). The Supplier reserves the right to replace the prize
with an alternative prize of equal value if circumstances beyond the Supplier’s control make it necessary to do so. The Promoter will not
be responsible for any changes to the prize that are made by the Supplier.
20. Adequate and valid travel insurance, obtained at the winner’s expense, is compulsory.
21. The first prize cannot be used on existing bookings or in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
22. Standard booking conditions apply, please refer to https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions
23. To participate in WWF’s turtle tagging conservation activity, participants must be able to swim unassisted in open water. Non-swimmers will not be able to take part in the activity. By entering this competition, individuals are informing the Promoters that they are able to swim unassisted in open water.
24. The Promoter is not liable for any of the winner’s other travel related expenses, such as; ight upgrades, travel insurance, any additional meals, any extra sightseeing or activities, any additional accommodation, personal spending money, passports, travel visas required, any other transport as required to and from departure point, and all other ancillary costs outside of items speci ed in item 16. Any additional or incidental costs or expenses that arise during the trip are not covered; these costs are the responsibility of the rst prize winner to pay.
25. The rst prize winner must have a valid passport or documents to travel within Australia. The Promoter is not liable for any stolen goods, medical expenses or personal harm resulting from this trip.
26. All winners will be noti ed on Wednesday, 11 April 2018 via the email address provided at the time of entry and their rst name and last initial will be published on the WWF-Australia Earth Hour website at www.earthhour.org.au
27. The winners must claim the prize by replying to the winner announcement email within one month of the announcement. The rst prize winner must provide all necessary details to facilitate the bookings for the expedition within one month of the announcement. At the conclusion of the one month, if no response is received by the Promoter, we will deem the prize as unclaimed and it will be redrawn on Monday, 14 May 2018 at 10AM AEST at Level 1, 1 Smail Street, Ultimo, Sydney, NSW 2007. Winners from the redraw will be noti ed by email and website (in accordance with item 26) and similarly given one month to claim the prize. Unclaimed prizes from the redraw will be returned to the prize pool, and will be redrawn on 14 June 2018, with a similar one-month claim period for redrawn winners. If by 16 July 2018 there are still unclaimed prizes, we will give notice and seek advice for disposal of prizes.
28. The Promoter’s decision is nal.
29. If the prizes are unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value
and/or speci cation.
30. Total prize pool value is $8,000. The prizes, or any unused portion of the prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be
taken as cash, unless otherwise speci ed.
31. Additional Travel Insurance information
a. Travel Insurance is mandatory to take part in this trip and must be paid for and organized by the winner
32. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are the winner (including
photograph, lm and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
34. WWF-Australia may withdraw this Promotion or vary the Prize amount or otherwise amend these terms and conditions at any time.
35. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and
place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
36. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical di culties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
37. Any cost associated with accessing the Promoter’s website for the purpose of entering this Promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used. The Promoter makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Promotion.
38. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modi es or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
39. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective o cers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including but not limited to:
a. b. c.
d. e. f.
any technical di culties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
taking and/or use of the prize.
40. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must provide personal information, and sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
41. This agreement is governed by the law in force in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Any dispute arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions or in connection with WWF-Australia which cannot be resolved by good faith negotiations between
us shall be referred to mediation or to arbitration. However, WWF-Australia reserves, at our absolute discretion, the right to instigate legal proceedings prior to negotiation, arbitration or mediation against any individual, organisation or entity, who in our opinion has acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions.