Woolworths – Win an AFL Experience (prize valued at $18,810)
MARS® WIN 1 OF 3 ULTIMATE AFL EXPERIENCES PROMOTION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This “MARS® WIN 1 OF 3 ULTIMATE AFL EXPERIENCES” competition (“Competition”) is
conducted by Mars Australia Pty Ltd trading as Mars Chocolate Australia, ABN 48 008 454
313, of Ring Road, Wendouree VIC 3355, telephone (03) 5337 7000 (“Promoter”).
2. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry
to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants. An “Eligible Entrant” is an individual who:
(i) is a resident of Australia aged 13 years or older as at the time of entry; and (ii) is not an
employee of the Promoter, Woolworths supermarkets or any of its related corporations or
any of their agencies associated with the Competition; and (iii) is not a spouse, defacto
spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption) of such an employee.
An Eligible Entrant who is under 18 years of age, must obtain the permission of a parent or
guardian to enter, and further, the parent/guardian of the Eligible Entrant must read and
consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the
Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering
4. The promotion commences at 9am on 06/03/19 and ends at 5pm on 19/03/19
5. Unless otherwise indicated, all times and dates referenced are in AEDST.
6. To be eligible to enter, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Promotional Period, make a
Qualifying Purchase (as defined below) from a Woolworths supermarket (not including
Woolworths Petrol) anywhere in Australia, including Woolworths online. A “Qualifying
Purchase” is the purchase, in one (1) transaction, of any two (2), or more, MARS® products
from the list below (each a “Qualifying Product”).
7. The following MARS® products are Qualifying Products:
MARS® bar 53g
MARS® bar 2pack 72g
MARS® FUNSIZE bag 216g
MARS® FUNSIZE Giant bag 360g
MARS® Smooth & Creamy frozen bars 6 pack 318ml
8. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per
Qualifying Purchase (regardless of how many Qualifying Products are purchased in that
transaction in excess of two (2)); (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in
accordance with entry requirements; and (c) a maximum of one (1) entry per person per
day is permitted.
9. Entry can only be made by the internet.
10. Eligible Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the
Promotional Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for, and will not compensate any
Eligible Entrant for, any late or misdirected entry or for any delays or failures in any
telecommunications service or equipment.
11. Eligible Entrants must retain their original Woolworths purchase receipt(s) for all entries as
proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested
may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an Eligible
Entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly
specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional
Period but prior to entry.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible
Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves
the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to
believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process
or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and
proper conduct of the Competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the
Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does
not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or
other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
13. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right,
in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
14. All entries into the Competition may be subject to verification by the Promoter. The
Promoter may in its sole discretion, reimburse an Eligible Entrant for any reasonable costs
incurred in complying with the following points of this condition:
(i) An Eligible Entrant MUST, within seven (7) days of being asked, deliver to the Promoter
(by a means reasonably determined by the Promoter) all of the items which condition 11
requires the Eligible Entrant to retain and which are requested by the Promoter; and
(ii) An Eligible Entrant MUST also deliver to the Promoter (by a means reasonably
determined by the Promoter) copies of any other documents the Promoter may request
establishing eligibility to enter and/or win, including evidence of age, residence or identity.
The Promoter may make one or more requests for such documents. Once the identity of
documents available is established, an Eligible Entrant must deliver requested copies within
seven (7) days of being asked to do so.
15. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Eligible
Entrant invalid if the Eligible Entrant: (i) fails to establish their entitlement to enter the
Competition to the Promoter’s reasonable satisfaction; or (ii) fails to produce items as
required by conditions 11 or 14 or produces items that, in the Promoter’s reasonable
opinion, are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with
in any way; or (iii) in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, tampers with the entry process or
benefits from such tampering; or (iv) in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, submits an
entry which is incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible, offensive, misleading,
inappropriate or incomprehensible, or otherwise is not in accordance with these Terms and
16. An entry by more than one (1) person (i.e. a joint entry) is invalid.
17. To submit an entry an Eligible Entrant must, during the Promotional Period, visit
www.marsfootysback.com.au (“Competition Website”) and follow the directions to the
entry page. For each entry, the Eligible Entrant must provide:
(i) the last 6 digits of the barcodes on each of the packs of the two (2) Qualifying Products
being used to enter;
(ii) a photo / copy of their original Woolworths receipt for the Qualifying Purchase; and
(iii) all other details required at the Competition Website, including the Eligible Entrant’s
first and last name, postal address, contact telephone number and valid e-mail address.
18. Any costs associated with accessing the Competition Website are the responsibility of the
person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
19. Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entries manually using an internet browser. The
Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been
entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
20. Incomplete and/or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
PRIZE DRAWS AND PRIZES
21. A random electronic prize draw will be conducted at 12pm (noon) on 21/03/19 at Prime
Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street South Yarra VIC 3141 (“Draw Location”) from all valid
entries received during the Promotion Period to award the major prizes (“Major Prize
Draw”). The first three (3) Eligible Entrants with a valid entry drawn in the Prize Draw will
each win a major prize of an Ultimate AFL Experience (“Major Prize”) as detailed in condition
22 below. Additional reserve entries may be drawn and recorded (in order), in the event
that an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn or the Eligible Entrant is ineligible to
accept a Major Prize. If an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, the Major Prize will
be awarded to the first reserve entry drawn. This process will continue until a clear winner
is determined. If after this process a Major Prize still cannot be awarded, the Major Prize
will be dealt with in the Unclaimed Prize Draw.
22. The Major Prize is a a holiday for each winner + one (1) guest to attend a 2019 Toyota AFL
Premiership Season match, between the Rounds of 5 and 15, of their choice in one (1) of
the following locations; Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast. Each
Major Prize, which is specifically subject to conditions in paragraphs 24 to 32, is valued at
up to $6,270 (excluding GST) with a total Major Prize pool value of up to $18,810.00. Each
Major Prize includes the following:
i. Return economy airfares for up to two (2) people from the winner’s nearest Australian
Capital City to one of the following locations; Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne,
Brisbane, Gold Coast. Flights are only provided if the winner resides outside of the
state where their chosen 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season match, between the
Rounds of 5 and 15 is, and where the Promoter deems in its absolute discretion it
appropriate for flights to be provided. If the winner resides in the same state as the
match they have chosen, or within a distance in the Promoter deems it in its absolute
discretion not appropriate for flights to be provided, then the Major Prize does not
include airfares and the airfare component of the Major Prize is not redeemable for
ii. All airport and airline taxes;
iii. Return transfers from destination airport to accommodation;
iv. Return transfers from accommodation to chosen 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership
Season match, between the Rounds of 5 and 15;
v. Two (2) nights at a 4 Star Hotel accommodation (as determined in the sole discretion
of the Promoter) in a twin or double room including breakfast;
vi. Two (2) Category 1 tickets + dining room hospitality to chosen 2019 Toyota AFL
Premiership Season match, between the Rounds of 5 and 15; and
vii. A ten (10) minute “Meet & Greet” session with a past or current AFL player pre-match
subject to clause 25 below.
23. For the purposes of condition 22(i) the Australian Capital Cities are: Sydney, Canberra,
Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin or Brisbane.
24. All Major Prizes must be taken by 01/07/19.
25. The “Meet & Greet” awarded as part of the Major Prize provides each winner (and his/her
companion) with an opportunity to meet a past or current AFL player for ten (10) minutes
before the match. This element of the prize is not guaranteed and is subject to the
goodwill of the AFL Player on the day. The Promoter accepts no responsibility and will not
offer any alternative in the event that this element of the prize cannot be offered for any
reason. The AFL Player chosen for this Meet & Greet is at the sole discretion of the
26. The Major Prize winners must choose a 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season match to
attend within Rounds 5 and 15 of the 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season competition.
Whilst the Promoter will attempt to award the prize in accordance with the match selected,
the exact match to be awarded will be subject to availability and at the discretion of the
Promoter. The following matches will not be available; Anzac Day Eve, Anzac Day, the two
(2) Showdown matches, the two (2) Derby matches, and Dreamtime at the ‘G’.
27. All travel is subject to availability at all times and maybe dependent on select seat class with
airlines or specific room category availability with accommodation partner. Travel is valid
until 01/07/19. Block out periods include all Australian School & Public Holidays along with
all other special event periods. All bookings must be made a minimum of fourteen (14) days
in advance of requested departure dates. All bookings and documentation regarding the
Major Prize must be made via the Promoter’s nominated travel supplier or their agents.
Redeeming the Major Prize is conditional on acceptance of the terms and conditions of
travel as detailed by the Promoter’s nominated travel supplier and the airline carriers in
accordance with normal travel practices. No portion of the Major Prize is redeemable for
cash. The Major Prize is no refundable or transferable, exchangeable and cannot be taken
as cash. In the event the winner is under the age of 18 years, they must be accompanied by
a parent/guardian during the entire duration of the Major Prize. Winners are responsible
for any amendments fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and
ticketed. Any spending money, meals and any other ancillary costs, including but not limited
to insurance and any applicable insurance excesses, not listed in the travel prize package
descriptions above are the responsibility of the travel prize winner and his/her nominated
traveling companions as incurred. It is a winner’s responsibility to organise transport
to/from the airport departure/return point. The Promoter suggests that the winner and the
winner’s guests purchase travel insurance at their own expense. Frequent flyer points will
not form part of a Major Prize. Major Prizes are subject to the standard terms and
conditions of individual prize and service providers. Winners may be required to present
their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
28. All aspects of the Major Prize (including travel and accommodation) are for the winner and
their one (1) guest travelling together. The winner, and the winner’s guest, of the Major
Prize must travel with the understanding that:
i. the Promoter may require the guests to confirm in writing that they agree to comply
with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
ii. if the winner and their guests want to purchase travel insurance it must be purchased
at their own expense; and
iii. if a person aged less than 18 years wins a Major Prize, he/she must bring a parent or
guardian as their accompanying guest.
29. Once tickets have been arranged by the Promoter, changes to the travel or accommodation
arrangements are subject to availability and are at the expense of the Major Prize winner.
30. As a condition of accepting the Major Prize, each winner (and his/her companion) must sign
any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers
in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
In the event a winner or winner’s companion is under the age of 18, a nominated
parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation
required under this clause on their behalf.
31. All components of the Major Prize must be taken together as a single trip to be booked by
the Promoter. Any part of the Major Prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited.
32. The Major Prize does not (except as expressly stated) include:
i. any transport between a traveller’s residence and the departure airport;
ii. any overnight accommodation while travelling to the departure airport or
iii. any other travel or accommodation than what is specified above;
iv. any meals, food or beverages (unless otherwise specified);
v. any incidental hotel charges (such as mini-bar charges, communication services (e.g.
telephone and internet/email); in-house movies and games, entertainment services,
and laundry services);
vi. any insurance (such as travel or health cover);
vii. any other ancillary costs which may be incurred by a winner or his/her guests in
relation to a Major Prize.
33. If for any reason a winner does not take/redeem the Major Prize (or an element of the
Major Prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Major Prize (or that element
of the Major Prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
34. Daily Prizes:
35. There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each day of the Promotional
Period, for a total of fourteen (14) draws (“Daily Draws”), with one hundred (100) winners
in each Daily Draw. Entries into each Daily Draw will open and close each day at 12:00am
AEDST and 11:59pm AEDST respectively apart from the first and last draws which will open
and close at the following times: 9am AEDST – 11:59pm AEDST for entries on 06/03/19 and
12am AEDST – 5pm AEDST for entries on 19/03/19.
36. Each Daily Draw will take place at Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra VIC
3141 at 12:00pm AEDST on the business day after entries close for that Daily Draw, with the
first Daily Draw taking place on 07/03/19 and the last Daily Draw taking place on 20/03/19.
For the removal of doubt, no draws will be conducted during the weekend or on VIC public
holidays. Entries in each Daily Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Daily Draw(s),
but all entries (including winners of a Daily Draw) will be entered into the Major Prize draw.
The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in each Daily Draw and record them in
order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
37. The first one hundred (100) Eligible Entrants with a valid entry drawn in each Daily Draw
will win the prize of a Mars branded Sports Bag (RRP $24.99) (“Daily Prize”).
38. The total prize pool value for the Daily Draws is $34,986.00
39. If any Daily Prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to
substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any
written directions from a regulatory authority.
40. If less than one hundred (100) valid entries are received in a Daily Draw, all valid entrants in
that Daily Draw will receive a prize and the remaining prizes will not be awarded.
41. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
42. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or other circumstances beyond
the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any
written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
43. All prize winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the relevant Major
Prize Draw or Daily Draw via the email address provided at the time of entry. Winners’
names will be published online at www.marsfootysback.com.au from 01/04/19.
44. Drawn Eligible Entrants will only be deemed a winner once their entry has been verified by
45. All Daily Prizes will be mailed by tracked postage to the winner’s postal address that they
provided at the time of entry.
Unclaimed Prize Draws
46. A draw for any unclaimed Major Prizes may take place on 21/05/19 at the same time and
place as the original draw, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the relevant draw
via the email address provided at the time of entry and their names will be published online
at www.marsfootysback.com.au from 24/05/19.
47. A draw for any unclaimed Daily Prizes may take place on 21/06/19 at the same time and
place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners,
if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the redraw via the email
address provided at the time of entry and their names will be published at
www.marsfootysback.com.au from 01/07/19. All reasonable attempts will be made to
contact any winners.
48. Eligible Entrants may win a limit of one (1) Daily Prize and one (1) Major Prize in the
Competition, excluding SA residents.
49. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted
in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil
unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition, subject to the approval of
the authorities that have issued permits for its conduct.
50. Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the
operation or transmission of any communication including any SMS communication sent to
(or by) the Promoter or any Eligible Entrant whether caused by problems with
communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service
providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or
unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or
technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of
51. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON
ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS COMPETITION, TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO OR TO
INTERFERE WITH THE FUNCTIONING OF THE SMS PROCESSES, OR TO OTHERWISE
UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A
VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK
DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH AN
ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE,
INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
52. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
53. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an Eligible
Entrant participating in the Competition. Eligible Entrants should obtain independent tax
and financial advice.
54. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies
and all those entities’ personnel (the “Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for any loss
(including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any
Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or prizes, including: (i) any indirect,
economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
(iii) any liability for personal injury or death. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is
intended to exclude, restrict or modify an Australian Eligible Entrant’s rights under the
Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
55. If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is unenforceable for any reason, it will be
severed and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
56. Each winner of a prize consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or
voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time
or times without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the
Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products.
57. The Promoter (Mars, we, us or our) collects your personal information via the entry form
when you submit an entry into this Competition.
58. We collect this personal information for the purposes of your entry into the Competition,
and to send you marketing communications about our brands, products and/or
services. We may also use the personal information you give us to provide prizes, for
consumer care and research purposes, and for other purposes, as described in our privacy
59. We may disclose your personal information to our family of companies and to our vendors
or service providers that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and
publicity purposes without any further reference or payment to the entrant. These
companies may be based overseas, including in Hong Kong, Singapore and the United
States. We require these companies to comply with the Australian privacy laws that apply
to your personal information.
60. If we do not collect the personal information you have provided in the entry form, you may
not be able to submit a valid entry into the Competition and may not be able to receive
communications about our brands, products and services which may be of interest to you.
australia-en.aspx and contains information about:
How you may access the personal information that is held by us and seek correction
of such information; and
How you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a
registered privacy code that binds us, and how we will deal with such a complaint.
61. If you need to contact us, or have any questions, please use the online contact form or the
other contact details at http://www.mars.com/australia/en/about-mars/contact-us.aspx
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/29765. ACT Permit No. TP18/02241. SA Permit No. T18/2039