Total Girl – Win a Family Pass to See Peter Rabbit and a Peter Rabbit Phone Case
Terms and Conditions (Skill Based Competition)
Total Girl March ’17 Comps Club
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this
competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other
reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter:
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand except employees and immediate
families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets.
Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto, spouse, child or step
child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent,
uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter
is nextmedia Pty Ltd, Locked Bag 5555, St Leonards NSW 1590 (ABN 84 128 805 970).
4. Only one entry per email address is permitted.
5. Entrants into this competition must be 16 years of age or younger as at the date of entry.
6. All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or
guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify consent
and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release will also
require the winner’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of
the winner. The release must include the full name, address and telephone number of the
winner’s legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately
invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
How to enter:
7. The Competition may be entered by submitting in 25-words-or-less, an original answer to the
Question posed in Total Girl Magazine cover-dated March 2018.
8. Entries may be submitted via the internet via www.totalgirl.com.au
9. Entries must include all requested contact details and a 25-words-or-less answer to be eligible
to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close
date and time.
When to enter:
10. The competition commences on 12/02/2018 at 09:00 AEDT and closes on 05/04/2018 at 17:00
AEST. The winners will be the best valid entries as judged by the judging panel, having regard to
skill, creativity and originality, at the Promoter’s premises on 11/04/2018 at 11:00 AEST. The
Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first
entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
11. The winners will names will be published online at www.totalgirl.com.au from 15/04/2018.
12. Prizes will be sent within 8 weeks.
Prizes on offer:
13. Total prize value is (up to) $6,669.48. One hundred and thirty-one (131) winners will receive:
a.) Event Cinemas Giveaway
(10) winners will each receive the following:
1x $100 Event Cinemas Gift Card
Total Prize Value: $1000
b.) UMN Logitech Giveaway
(3) winners will each receive the following:
1x K380 multi-device wireless keyboard
1x Logitech Doodle Collection mouse
Total Prize Value: $299.70
c.) Impala Sidewalk Skates Giveaway
(2) winners will each receive the following:
1x pair of Impala Sidewalk Skates
Total Prize Value: $279.98
d.) JoJo Bows Giveaway
(42) winners will each receive the following:
1x JoJo Siwa Rhinestone Bow
Total Prize Value: $504
e.) Paddington 2 Giveaway
(17) winners will each receive the following:
1x Paddington 2 DVD
Total Prize Value: $509.15
f) Lolli Living Giveaway
(1) winners will each receive the following:
1 x Flamingo Duvet Set
1 x 2PC Fitted Sheet RRP
1 x Decorative Flamingo Cushion
1 x Flamingo Decals
1 x Decorative Fruit Garland
1 x Hamper Pink
Total Prize Value: $276.70
g.) Globber Giveaway
(4) winners will receive the following:
1x Globber Flow 125 with light up wheels
Total Prize Value: $600
h.) Olivia’s Scribble Giveaway
(26) winners will each receive the following:
1 x Olivia Secret Scribbles: My New Best Friend
1 x Ella and Olivia: Super Story Collection
Total Prize Value: $988
j.) Bravelands Giveaway
(5) winners will each receive the following:
1 x Bravelands: Code of Honor
1 x Bravelands: Broken Pride
1 x Warriors #1: Into the Wild
1 x Warriors #2: Fire and Ice
1 x Warriors #3: Forest of Secrets
1 x Warriors #4: Rising Storm
1 x Warriors #5: A Dangerous Path
1 x Warriors #6: The Darkest Hour
Total Prize Value: $519.60
i.) Neon Street Rollers Giveaway
(10) winners will each receive the following:
1x pair of Neon Street Rollers
Total Prize Value: $500
K.) 3sixt Giveaway
(1) winner will receive the following:
1x 3SIXT PureGlitz in rose gold
1x 3SIXT Touch case in dusty pink
1x 3SIXT Neo Clutch in blush tan
Total Prize Value: $112.35
L.) Peter Rabbit Giveaway
(22) winners will each receive the following:
1x Family (admit 4) in-season pass
1x Bumper Phone Case
Total Prize Value: $1,080
14. Movie passes are valid only at participating cinema locations while movie is still screening.
15. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or if
the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its
entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not
be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no
correspondence will be entered into.
16. Prize must be taken 20/07/18. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time
stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in
lieu of the prize.
Further Terms and Conditions:
17. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition
cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition
if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security,
fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any
individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
18. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for
any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line
systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone
or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited
to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or
connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or
misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the
competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any staff
member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrance or
any other person’s computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or
resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in
19. All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers, designs and works. Any such
answers, designs or works cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries
become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have
been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize,
that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory
declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter
reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The
Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter
has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other
improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
20. Any entrant found to have (a) be used any form of software or third party application to enter
multiple times (including scripting software), (b) used a third party (including online competition
entry site) to enter on their behalf or (c) entered incorrect contact details, including incorrect
email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to the Prize will be
invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded the Prize and then found to have breached this
clause, the entrant must immediately return the Prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole
discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves
the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has
breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter
upon request. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not
constitute a waiver of those rights.
21. If the prize (or an element of the prize) is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter
reserves the right to substitute the prize (or an element of the prize) for a prize of equal or
greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner
must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each
prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use
the prize as stated.
22. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when
requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all
reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The
Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the
provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any
other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of
identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof
of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency,
age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the
event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and
no substitute will be offered.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner,
being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
25. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each
person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be
entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject
to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot
be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original
entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this
promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright. Statutory guarantees. Waiver and liability.
26. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the
Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received. nextmedia Pty
Ltd (ABN 84 128 805 970) and its related entities is collecting your personal information for the
purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition, including for the purpose of identifying
and notifying winners and understanding our audiences. nextmedia Pty Ltd will otherwise
available on our website at www.nextmedia.com.au (and which contains information regarding
how you can access your personal information, correct it and/or make a complaint about our
handling of your personal information). By providing your personal information, you agree to
the entrant’s personal information to its related entities, business partners and external service
providers for research and profiling purposes as well as other purposes reasonably related to
the entrant’s relationship with nextmedia Pty Ltd. In addition, by entering this competition, you
consent to nextmedia Pty Ltd using your personal information for the purpose of nextmedia Pty
Ltd and its related entities sending you information regarding programs, products and services
available through them and/or through their business partners, and to nextmedia Pty Ltd from
time to time sharing your personal information with carefully selected business partners for the
purpose of them sending you such information directly. We will always provide you with the
ability to opt out of those communications.
27. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all
editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed
and photographed. Tile winners (and their companions) agree to granting the promoter a
perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media
worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will
not be entitled to any fee for such use.
28. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they
should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or
modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer
Act2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of
opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not
responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any
loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);whether direct, indirect, special or consequential,
arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or
not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party
interference;(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected
(whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter;(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and
Conditions;(e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.