The West – Win The Ultimate Wa Road Trip Experience (prize valued at $3,396)
The Edge ticket Giveaway
Terms and Conditions
1. Unless otherwise advised, these Terms and Conditions apply to The Edge ticket giveaway promotion
(“The Competition”). Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in The West Puzzle Quest promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The
Promoter is West Australian Newspapers Limited, 50 Hasler Road Osborne Park WA 6017 (ABN 98 008 667
WHO CAN ENTER?
2. Entry is open to all residents of Western Australia over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families
of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any
of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption),
parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother,
step sister or first cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
3. The Competition commences on Thursday 6 December 2018 at 00:00 AWST and concludes on Monday
10 December 2018 at 10:00 AWST (“Competition Period”).
4. To enter you must purchase The West Australian on Thursday 6 December
5. Get the codeword from The Edge liftout
6. Enter the codeword at thewest.com.au/win with all requested contact details.
7. All entrants in the Competition may only enter once. All entrants found to have entered more than once will
have their subsequent entries disqualified
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s
identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance
with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not
constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible or illegible entries will be deemed
invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion,
to verify the identity of the entrant. Unless stated otherwise, all times are local Perth time.
HOW TO WIN
7. There will be three (3) prize winners randomly drawn from all valid entries using a ‘random number generator’
to select a unique entry ID that is automatically assigned once the entry has been submitted.
8. A valid entry consists of online entry that contains all required contact details and the correct codeword from
The Edge lifout in The West Australian 6/12/18 edition.
9. The draw will begin at the Promoters premises from 10:30 AWST on 11/12/2018.
10. A member of the Seven West Media (WA) Marketing department will contact the prize winners by phone and/
or an email to the email address on the entry, advising the prize winner of their prize. The winner’s entry
details will be published on thewest.com.au/win from 13/12/2018.
11. The Promoter will retain all entries of each draw which will used in the event that an unclaimed prize draw is
necessary to distribute any unclaimed prizes. Such a draw will occur at the Promoter’s premises from 10.30
AEDT on Tuesday 18/12/18 for prizes unclaimed. Unclaimed prize draw winners will be contacted on Tuesday
18/12/18 by phone call and/ or email and published on thewest.com.au/win 19/12/18.
12. The Promoters decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
13. The Promoters may in their absolute discretion deem entries invalid subsequently to a prize winner being
notified or a prize winner’s name being announced if it is discovered that the prize winner did not enter the
Competition in accordance with these terms and conditions. In these circumstances, an additional draw will
14. Winners of any age may be required to provide satisfactory identification and sign a winner’s deed of release
or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary before a prize may be awarded.
15. There are three (3) prizes on offer that consist of:
2 x GA tickets to the Big Bash game at Optus stadium on December 26 December 2018
16. In accepting the prize the winner(s) acknowledges that the Promoter may use their name and other personal
information for reasonable publicity purposes and agrees to participate in and co-operate with all reasonable
media requests, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, and the winner(s) grant the
Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use and such footage, photographs, interviews and other
personal information in all media worldwide, including the right to sub-licence these rights. The winner(s) will
not be entitled to any fee for such use.
17. Winners are required to collect their prizes from 50 Hasler Rd Osborne Park. Any alternative collection
arrangements are at the cost and liability of the winners.
18. The prize winners and their nominated companions agree they will not sell or otherwise provide their story
and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
19. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the prize winners and their nominated companions must comply
with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Promoter’s requirements.
20. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash and are not transferable or exchangeable.
21. The prize winners must provide valid identification to the Promoter.
22. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses related to the Prizes become the
responsibility of the Prize Winners and their nominated companions.
23. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a
prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the
winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize
must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
24. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming any voucher prize are not included. Any unused balance of a
voucher prize will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of any voucher prize will be subject to any terms and
conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher. The Promoter shall not be liable for any
voucher prize that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
25. The conditions of entry at Optus stadium form part of these terms and conditions
Further Terms & Conditions
26. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the
Promoters ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms
and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of
God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the
Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to state government
27. West Australian Newspapers Ltd, and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any
misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur:
a. during the entry process or the draw;
b. in the participation, acceptance or use of any element(s) of the prize;
c. as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail;
d. due to the broadcast of any program relating to the Competition or the publication of any material,
including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any
e. arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of internet connection, or lines or
mobile communications network related to or resulting from participation in this promotion.
28. West Australian Newspapers Ltd, associated agencies and companies assumes no responsibility for any error,
omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft
or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that
may be available, subject to state government legislation.
29. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including but not limited
to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the
Promoters and/ or Prize provider which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper
conduct of the Competition, the Promoters reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual
who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify
or suspend the Competition, subject to state government legislation.
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph,
film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose
of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed
and/or supplied by the Promoter.
31. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third-party application to enter multiple times (including
scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an
entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return
any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been
breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems
necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested
documentation to the Promoter upon request.
32. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf
will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a
prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to
the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant.
The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the
entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon
33. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have
all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and
then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded to the Promoter.
The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter
reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached
this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
34. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of
correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the
addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the
Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
35. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the
statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as
any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories
of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including
the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents)
excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of
opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
36. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter
(including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether
direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment
malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party
interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not
after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any
variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner
or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
37. The Promoters’ decision on all matters related to this competition is final and cannot be contested. No
correspondence will be entered into. The Promoters’ reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions
without notice if considered necessary without notice.
38. West Australian Newspapers Limited (ABN 98 008 667 632) and its related entities (“WAN”) are collecting your
personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition, including for the purpose
of identifying and notifying winners and understanding our audiences. WAN will otherwise handle your personal
you can access your personal information, correct it and/or make a complaint about our handling of your
http://info.thewest.com.au/documents/WAN_PrivacyPolicy.pdf. By providing your personal information, you
agree to the terms of these privacy policies. Without limiting the foregoing, WAN may disclose the entrant’s
personal information to their related entities, business partners and external service providers for research and
profiling purposes as well as other purposes reasonably related to the entrant’s relationship with them. In
addition, by entering this competition, you consent to WAN using your personal information for the purpose of
sending you information regarding programs, products and services available through them and/ or through
their business partners, and to WAN from time to time sharing your personal information with carefully selected
business partners for the purpose of them sending you such information directly. We will always provide you
with the ability to opt out of those communications.
39. If an Entrant does not want their details to be used for the purposes stated in clause 37 they must write to
West Australian Newspapers Ltd by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Privacy Officer, GPO Box
D162, Perth WA 6840 and West Australian Newspapers Limited will ensure that the details are not used for