The West Australian – Win a $1000 Bunnings Gift Voucher (prize valued at $4,000)
House Rules $1000 Competition
Terms and Conditions
By entering the ‘House Rules $1000’ competition you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
1. Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained within the promotional
advertisements and point of sale materials form part of these terms and conditions. By participating in this
competition entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is the West Australian Newspapers Ltd (ABN 98 008 667 632) of 50 Hasler Road, Osborne
Park WA 6017.
Who Can Enter
3. The competition is open to all residents of Western Australia aged 18 years or older.
Employees of the Promoters, their subsidiaries, their advertising agencies, participating newsagents &
resellers of The West Australian and The Sunday Times newspapers, and their immediate families are
ineligible to enter. Immediate family includes any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse,
child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent,
uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin or sibling living under the
4. The competition commences on Monday, April 6, 2020 and concludes on Thursday, April 9, 2020.
5. There are 4 (four) daily competition periods running until 3pm during the competition period.
6. Each daily competition period will be followed by a competition draw at 3:05pm.
How to Enter
7. To enter the daily competition you must:
7.1 Obtain a House Rules codeword from The West Australian. The codeword will be featured within a
press advertisement in each edition of the newspaper during the competition period.
7.2 For a valid entry, contestants must visit www.thewest.com.au/win. All mandatory details must be
completed including name, address, contact phone number, email address and codeword before 3pm
each day of the promotion.
7.3 Contestant must watch House Rules at 7:00pm on Channel Seven on the date that the daily codeword
has been registered online to see if their name has been drawn as the daily winner. Their name will be
featured on the screen during House Rules program. The winner will then have 30 (thirty) minutes to
call Channel Seven Perth on 08 9482 9939 to validate. If the winner does not contact Seven Perth within
30 minutes the prize is fortified.
8. Strictly only one entry per person per day. Any persons found entering more than once each day will be
automatically disqualified. As there will be four daily codewords, one person may enter each day and will
have the opportunity to enter four times throughout the promotion.
9. Each daily winner will receive a $1000 Bunnings voucher in Clause 10. Total prize value is $4000.
10. 4 x $1000 Bunnings voucher.
11. The prize is subject to availability at the time of redemption and is available to redeem at any Bunnings
store throughout Australia.
12. Prize is at prize provider’s discretion. Subject to availability.
13. The prize cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
14. Only four (4) prize draws will be conducted for this promotion and only four (4) prizes will be awarded.
15. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form
required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a
legal release and indemnity form.
16. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to
substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equal value and/or specification.
17. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend of modify the prize, subject to any written
directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
17.2 The winner’s draw will take place at 3:05pm, each day at Newspaper House offices. The winner will be
drawn randomly from all valid daily entries.
17.3 The daily winner will be announced in House Rules, they will then need to call this number 08 9482
9939 within 30 minutes to claim their prize.
17.4 If the daily finalist lives outside of the Seven Perth broadcast area they will automatically become a
18. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the
Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms
and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God,
civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition
and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to state government legislation.
19. West Australian Newspapers Ltd. are not responsible for any costs associated with Prize collection.
20. In the event that a winner is unable to collect the Prize, West Australian Newspapers Ltd. will not provide any
compensation to the winner.
21. West Australian Newspapers Ltd., Prize suppliers and their associated agencies and companies will take no
responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit, or late, lost or misdirected mail.
22. West Australian Newspapers Ltd, Prize suppliers and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable
for any misadventure, accident, injury, illness, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim
that may occur:
a) during the entry process or the draw;
b) in the participation, acceptance or use of any element(s) of the prize;
c) as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail;
d) due to the broadcast of any program relating to the Competition or the publication of any material,
including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person;
e) arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network, internet
connection, thewest.com.au website outage or lines or mobile communications network related to or resulting
from participation in this promotion.
23. West Australian Newspapers Ltd, Prize suppliers, associated agencies and companies assumes no responsibility
for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line
failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take
any action that may be available, subject to state government legislation.
24. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including but not limited
to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of
the Promoter and/ or Prize provider which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or
proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any
individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate,
modify or suspend the Competition, subject to state government legislation.
25. By entering the competition, and by collecting a prize, the prize winner acknowledges and accepts that driving,
travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury,
incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoters and Prize supplier are not responsible for any
acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst
the prize winner is travelling.
26. These terms and conditions are in addition to terms applicable to supply of components of the Prize, including
terms applicable to entry and use of the Prize.
27. Regardless of anything else in these conditions, nothing in these conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the
application of Consumer Laws or the exercise of any rights or remedies you may have under Consumer Laws
where any such exclusion, restriction or modification would contravene Consumer Laws. “Consumer Laws”
refers to the Australian Consumer Law under Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth),
and any applicable similar consumer protection laws in the states and territories of Australia that mirror the
provisions of the Australian Consumer Law.
28. The Promoter is West Australian Newspapers Ltd (ABN 98 008 667 632) of 50 Hasler Road, Osborne Park WA
29. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter, Western Australian Newspapers Limited and its related
entities (“WAN”) is collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this
Competition, including for the purpose of identifying and notifying winners and understanding our audiences.
available on our website at http://www.sevenwestmedia.com.au/privacy-policies (and which contains
information regarding how you can access your personal information, correct it and/ or make a complaint
about our handling of your personal information). By providing your personal information below, you agree to
information to its related entities, business partners and external service providers for research and profiling
purposes as well as other purposes reasonably related to the entrant’s relationship with WAN. In addition, by
entering this competition, you consent to WAN using your personal information for the purpose of WAN and
its related entities sending you information regarding programs, products and services available through them
and/ or through their business partners, and to WAN from time to time sharing your personal information with
carefully selected business partners for the purpose of them sending you such information directly. We will
always provide you with the ability to opt out of those communications. www.sevenwestmedia.com.au.
30. If an Entrant does not want their details to be used for the purposes stated in clause 8.2. they must write to
West Australian Newspapers Ltd by email to email@example.com or post to Privacy Officer, GPO Box
D162, Perth WA 6840 and West Australian Newspapers Limited will ensure that the details are not used for
31. It is a condition of entry that all prize winners agree to have their name, photo, video and suburb published for
publicity purposes if required. By participating in this competition, participants signify their acceptance of all
conditions and the requirement to participate in promotional activity if required.