The West Australian-The Weekend West/The Sunday Times – Win this Time Around
2018 A Summer of 1,000 Adventures
Terms and Conditions
1. By entering ‘A Summer of 1,000 Adventures’ competition you are agreeing to the following terms and
2. Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained within the promotional
advertisements and point of sale materials form part of these terms and conditions. By participating in this
competition entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. The Promoter is West Australian Newspapers Limited of 50 Hasler Road, Osborne Park, WA 6017 [ABN 98 008
Who Can Enter
4. The competition is open to all residents of Western Australia aged 18 years or older.
Employees of West Australian Newspapers, their subsidiaries, their advertising agencies, participating
newsagents & resellers of The West Australian, The Weekend West and The Sunday Times newspapers, and
their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Immediate family includes spouse, defacto spouse, parent,
natural or adopted child or sibling living under the same roof.
5. The competition commences on Saturday, February 3, 2018 and concludes on Friday, February 16, 2018.
How to Enter
6. To enter a competition you must:
6.1 Purchase The West Australian, The Weekend West and/or The Sunday Times during the
promotional period to a get a unique code(s) printed within each edition.
6.2 Receive a bonus promotional code.
6.3 Register your code(s) online at thewest.com.au/summer or perthnow.com.au/summer.
6.4 All entries must be received at West Australian Newspapers by 5pm (WST) Sunday, February 18,
7. A given person may enter more than once, as long as they obtain a unique code each day during the
8. Each entry will be counted as unique and will increase person’s chance of winning.
9. Upon entry, each person can choose which specific prizes they want to win. They will be only included in the
draw for those specific prizes.
10. A maximum of 25 entries is allowed per person. If a person makes more entries, all entries will be
11. Competition prizes consist of:
1. 2 x AMAZING TAIPEI HOLIDAY FOR TWO
Includes: return flights and a two-night hotel stay for two at Taipei, Taiwan
2. 2 X ADVENTUROUS INDIA HOLIDAY FOR TWO
Includes: return flights and a two-night hotel stay for two to Jaipur, India
3. 1 X MONTEBELLO ISLAND FISHING ADVENTURE FOR TWO
Includes: return flights for two to Exmouth and any Exmouth accommodation, if required.
4. 1 X BLISSFULL BALI HOLIDAY FOR TWO
Includes: return flights to Bali and a two-night stay at COMO Uma Ubud
5. 1 x EL QUESTRO STAY FOR TWO
Includes: two return flights to Kununurra and a hotel transfer
6. 1 x PERTH STAYCATION FOR TWO
Includes: one night stay for two at a Perth CBD accommodation
7. 2 X ED SHEERAN CONCERT TICKETS FOR TWO
Includes: two Restricted View Seating tickets for Friday, March 2, 2018.
8. 1 x GIRLS NIGHT OUT EXPERIENCE FOR 6
Includes: an overnight stay at a Perth central accommodation, Gold Class tickets to a movie of your
choice, food and wine luxury hampers and a $500 Visa gift cards.
9. 1 X BOYS NIGHT OUT EXPERIENCE FOR 6
Prize includes: a round of golf for 6, an overnight stay at a Perth central accommodation, food and wine
luxury hampers and a $500 Visa gift cards card.
10. 3 X GLAMPING EXPERIENCE FOR TWO
Includes: one night stay at Mile End Glamping in Yelverton (Margaret River), plus champagne and local
chocolates on arrival, a gourmet hamper, and a luxury pamper pack.
11. 20 X FREMANTLE LUNCH CRUISE FOR TWO
12. 50 X PERTH HELICOPTER RIDE
The flights are single seats on the shared weekend Perth City Scenic flights from Hillarys Boat Harbour.
13. 25 x FAMILY PASS & 6 X MERMAID MAGIC EXPERIENCE IN AQWA
Mermaid Magic experience is only valid until the end of March. AQWA Family passes are valid until 12
14. 10 x ADVENTURE WORLD FAMILY DAY PASS
Passes expire on 29 April, 2018.
15. 30 x 30 MIN FLIGHT SIMULATOR EXPERIENCE
16. 20 X FREMANTLE PRISON TUNNELS TOUR
17. 15 X GRAVITY CENTRE FAMILY PASS
Prize includes: 10 x Family Passes to Gravity Discovery Centre (2 x Adult, 2 x Child) and 5 x Family Passes
for Observatory Visit (2 x Adult, 2 x Child)
18. 50 X AVIATION MUSEUM FAMILY PASS & 4 X SPECIAL INSIDE LANCASTER TOUR
19. 2 X SCAVENGER HUNT FOR A GROUP OF 25
20. 25 X TREES ADVENTURE DOUBLE PASS
Vouchers valid at the Dwellingup centre and expire 6 months from the end of the competition. Bookings
21. 20 X ROTTNEST RETURN FERRY FOR TWO
Same Day Return (Ferry and Admission Fee) with Sealink Rottnest Island. Valid until the 28/02/19.
22. 10 X PERTH EXPLORER TRIPLE TOUR FAMILY PASS
Includes: open top bus tour of Perth, Swan river cruise and Fremantle tram tour.
23. 25 X DOUBLE PASS TO THE ALBANY ANZAC CENTRE
24. 1 X CARNAC ISLAND ADVENTURE FOR A GROUP OF 30
25. 25 X OUTDOOR CINEMA DOUBLE PASS
26. 15 X NIGHT PADDLE BOARDING DOUBLE PASS
27. 10 X HARLEY TOUR DOUBLE PASS
Includes: Perth Harley trike rides for 30mins for two people.
28. 60 X $50 BCF GIFT CARDS
11. There might be additional terms and conditions associated with individual prizes that are not covered here.
These conditions are at the discretion of the prize providers, and will be fully communicated to the winners
upon announcement. West Australian Newspapers do not take any responsibility for the placement of these
12. All prizes will be delivered up to six (6) weeks after winners have been drawn. West Australian Newspapers
do not take any responsibility for postal delays.
13. The dispatch of the prizes will be fulfilled by either West Australian Newspapers or by the participating
14. Any additional costs incurred as a result of receiving the prize will be at the expense of the winner unless
15. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of participating prize/service providers.
16. The prize must be taken as stated and is non-transferable, not exchangeable and not redeemable for cash.
17. All prizes are the responsibility of the winners and will not be replaced under any circumstances.
18. Each person can win one prize only.
19. General terms and conditions for all prizes:
a. All prizes involving flights and accommodation have to adhere to the following:
i. Flights and accommodation have to be booked at a minimum of 8 weeks in advance.
ii. Flights and accommodation may not be booked for the following blackout period:
1. 15 December 2018 to 28 January 2019
2. School or public holidays
iii. Flights and accommodation prizes are subject to availability.
b. All prizes are valid until 30 June 2018 unless specified otherwise.
c. Reservation required for all prize fulfilment.
d. Event prizes will be held at a time and date selected by West Australian Newspapers.
20. The draw will take place on Monday, February 19, 2018.
21. The competition draw will take place at Newspaper House, 50 Hasler Road, Osborne Park.
22. All entries will be validated and separated into groups of prize selections made prior to the draw.
23. The winning entries will be validated. If the entry is not a valid entry, a redraw will be conducted.
24. The winners will be notified via email, mail or telephone within 7 working days after the draw.
25. The winners need to confirm their prize by the requested date. If the winner does not confirm the prize, a
new winner will be drawn.
26. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of winners (including a winner’s identity,
age and place of residence) and to disqualify any claimant who submits a claim that is not in accordance with
these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the claim process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at
the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not
constitute a waiver of those rights.
27. Only the persons drawn at random will be identified as prize winners. Prizes will not be awarded to any name
other than the person drawn as the winner.
28. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a
prize of equal or greater value.
24. West Australian Newspapers Limited (ABN 98 008 667 632) and its related entities (“WAN”), are collecting
your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition, including for the
purpose of identifying and notifying winners and understanding our audiences. WAN will otherwise handle
regarding how you can access your personal information, correct it and/or make a complaint about our
http://info.thewest.com.au/documents/WAN_PrivacyPolicy.pdf. By providing your personal information, you
personal information to their related entities, business partners and external service providers for research
and profiling purposes as well as other purposes reasonably related to the entrant’s relationship with them.
In addition, by entering this competition, you consent to WAN using your personal information for the
purpose of WAN entities sending you information regarding programs, products and services available
through them and/ or through their business partners, and to WAN from time to time sharing your personal
information with carefully selected business partners for the purpose of them sending you such information
directly. We will always provide you with the ability to opt out of those communications.
25. If an Entrant does not want their details to be used for the purposes stated in clause 24. they must write to
The West Australian by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Privacy Officer, GPO Box D162, Perth
WA 6840 and West Australian Newspapers Limited will ensure that the details are not used for that purpose.
26. It is a condition of entry that all prize winners agree to have their name, photo, video and suburb published
for publicity purposes if required. By participating in this competition, participants signify their acceptance of
all conditions and the requirement to participate in promotional activity if required.
27. The Promoter’s decision on all matters related to this competition is final and cannot be contested. No
correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter’s reserve the right to limit entry or amend rules if
considered necessary without notice.
28. The Promoters are not responsible for any data or other information related to this program that may be lost,
damaged as a result of any computer software or hardware malfunction. Any issues occurring as a result of
computer problems will be rectified as quickly as possible.
29. Any costs of using and accessing the Website via a mobile phone, tablet or other devices will be dependent
on the entrant’s individual mobile and internet service provider. The Promoter is not responsible for any
costs associated with any mobile, telephony, internet access and usage. The Promoter is not responsible for
any other costs associated or incurred as a result of the entrant’s entry into the Competition.
30. All entrants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of
acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income,
personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some
negligent act or omission or otherwise.
31. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings.
Independent financial advice should be sought by the winner.
32. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any individual who the promoters believes have breached any
of these terms and conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct. The Promoters
have legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
33. The Promoters may, subject to State Regulations, terminate this competition at any time at its absolute
discretion without liability to any contestant or other person.
34. On completion of the prize draw, all entries will be stored for a minimum 12 month period at The West
Australian. This is a mandatory requirement of the Gaming and Wagering Commission Act 1987.