The West AUSTRALIAN SPIN to – Win One of The Major Prizes (prize valued at $20,004)
Spin to Win competition
Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the ‘Spin to Win’ promotion (“the Competition”) you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions
(“Terms and Conditions”).
2. Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained within the promotional advertisements and
point of sale materials form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating in this competition entrants agree to be
bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. The promoter is West Australian Newspapers Limited of 50 Hasler Road, Osborne Park, WA 6017 [ABN 98 008 667 632]
(“West Australian Newspapers” or the “Promoter”).
Who Can Enter
4. The competition is open to all residents of Western Australia aged 18 years or older.
Employees of West Australian Newspapers, their subsidiaries, their advertising agencies, participating newsagents &
resellers of The West Australian, The Weekend West and The Sunday Times newspapers, and their immediate families
are ineligible to enter. Immediate family includes spouse, defacto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child or sibling
living under the same roof.
5. The competition commences on Monday, June 3, 2019 at 0:00 AWST and concludes on Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 23:59
AWST (“Promotion Period”).
How to Enter
6. To enter the competition you must:
6.1 Purchase The West Australian, The Weekend West and/or The Sunday Times during the Promotional Period
to a get a unique code(s) printed within each edition. OR
6.2 Receive a bonus promotional code from radio, social media or digital adverts.
6.3 Register your code(s) online at thewest.com.au/spintowin or perthnow.com.au/spintowin. AND
6.4 Submit required personal details.
7. All entries must be received by West Australian Newspapers by Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 23:59 AWST. Any entries
received outside the Promotion Period for whatever reason including but not limited to server or technical issues on the
part of the Promoter will not be accepted.
8. A given person may enter a unique code only once.
9. Subject to clause 11, a given person may enter more than once, as long as they obtain a unique code each day during
the Promotion Period.
10. Each entry will be counted as unique and will increase a person’s chance of winning.
11. A maximum of 25 entries is allowed per person. If a person submits more than 25 entries, each and every entry made by
that person will be deemed invalid and the person shall be disqualified.
12. Upon entry, each person can either win instantly or go into a draw to win one of the major prizes.
Category Quantity Cost per Unit Subtotal
Samsung MU7000 55″ Premium 4K UHD HDR Smart LED LCD TV
1 $1,298 $1,298
1-night accommodation at Pullman Bunker Bay Resort for two
people. Dates to be agreed with the winner, at the discretion of
the Promoter and the prize provider. Agreed dates to be no
later than December 31, 2019. The Promoter reserves the right
to change accommodation provider without any notice.
1 $1,300 $1,300
Apple iphone xs 1 $1,629 $1,629
DeLonghi Nespresso Lattissima One Coffee Machine – White 2 $259 $518
1 night accommodation at The Westin Perth for two people.
Dates to be agreed with the winner, at the discretion of the
Promoter and the prize provider. Agreed dates to be no later
than December 31, 2018. The Promoter reserves the right to
change accommodation provider without any notice.
2 $500 $1,000
Apple Watch Series 4 44mm Space Grey Aluminium Case (GPS +
2 $799 $1,598
Gift basket – Moet Cheeseboard Celebration Hamper 2 $240 $480
Crown Voucher 2 $300 $600
Kindle Paperwhite 6″ Waterproof eReader (32GB) 2 $250 $500
Hugh Jackman – The Man. The Music. The Show. 2 $340 $680
Australian Boomers VS Canada Basketball tickets 1 $399 $399
Coles giftcard 25 $50 $1,250
Woolworths giftcard 25 $50 $1,250
Bunnings giftcard 25 $50 $1,250
David Jones giftcard 25 $50 $1,250
JB Hifi Gift Card 25 $50 $1,250
BCF Gift Card 25 $50 $1,250
Caltex Fuel Gift Card 25 $50 $1,250
Dan Murphy’s Gift Card 25 $50 $1,250
Prize Costs Total $20,004
13. All prizes will be delivered within six (6) weeks after winners have been drawn. West Australian Newspapers does not
take any responsibility for postal delays.
14. The dispatch of the prizes will be fulfilled by West Australian Newspapers.
15. Any additional costs incurred as a result of receiving the prize will be at the expense of the winner unless stated
16. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of participating prize/service providers.
17. Prizes will be either fulfilled electronically (giftcards) or winners will have to collect from West Australian Newspapers
office at 50 Hasler Road, Osborne Park WA 6017 or prizes mailed to them, as instructed by or arranged with the
18. The winner must bring photographic ID (a current driver’s license or passport) with them to collect the prize or they
must submit in a copy of it writing if they nominate for someone else to collect the prize for them. Or to the have prize
mailed to them
19. Winner and any travelling companion(s) for applicable prizes are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary travel
insurance (if not included in the prize) and documents to travel to the relevant place(s) (including passports and visas, if
20. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation of a travel or accommodation component of applicable prize and
any costs incurred by winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the
responsibility of the winner. Winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to
travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
21. A credit card imprint may be required from the prize winner at check-in to the hotel for all incidental charges.
22. The prize winners and their nominated companions must participate in and co-operate with all reasonable media
editorial requests, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, and the winners grant the
Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the
winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
23. The prize winners and their nominated companions agree they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or
photographs to any media or other organisation.
24. All prizes must be taken as stated and are non-transferable, not exchangeable and not redeemable for cash.
25. All prizes are the responsibility of the winners and will not be replaced under any circumstances.
26. Each person can win one prize only from the draw prize list.
27. General terms and conditions for all prizes:
27.1 All prizes involving flights and accommodation have to adhere to the following:
27.1.1 Flights and accommodation have to be booked at a minimum of 8 weeks in advance.
27.1.2 Flights and accommodation may not be booked for the following blackout period:
188.8.131.52 15 December 2019 to 5 January 2020 inclusive; and
184.108.40.206 School or public holidays.
27.1.3 Flights and accommodation prizes are subject to availability.
27.1.4 Winners are responsible for ensuring they adhere to visa requirements for overseas
27.2All prizes must be claimed by 30 December 2019 unless agreed otherwise.
27.3 Reservation required for all prize fulfilment.
28. Each day there will be a number of instant prizes won. These will be generated randomly by the competition hosting
29. The major prize draw will take place on Tuesday, June 18, 2019.
30. The competition draw will take place at Newspaper House, 50 Hasler Road, Osborne Park.
31. All entries will be validated and separated into groups of prize selections made prior to the draw.
32. The winning entries will be validated. If the entry is not a valid entry, a redraw will be conducted.
33. The winners will be notified via email, mail or telephone within 7 working days after the draw.
34. The winners need to confirm their prize acceptance within 7 days of being notified. If the winner does not confirm the
prize, a new winner will be drawn.
35. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 7 days, a new winner(s) will be drawn.
36. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of winners (including a winner’s identity, age and
place of residence) and to disqualify any claimant who submits a claim that is not in accordance with these Terms and
Conditions or who tampers with the claim process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
37. Only the persons drawn at random will be identified as prize winners. Prizes will not be awarded to any name other than
the person drawn as the winner.
38. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of
equal or greater value.
39. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
40. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the prize winners (and any companions, if applicable) may be required to sign
a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
41. West Australian Newspapers and its related entities (“WAN”), are collecting your personal information for the purpose
of conducting and promoting this competition, including for the purpose of identifying and notifying winners and
understanding our audiences. WAN will otherwise handle your personal information in accordance with Seven West
available at http://info.thewest.com.au/documents/WAN_PrivacyPolicy.pdf. By providing your personal information,
entrant’s personal information to their related entities, business partners and external service providers for research
and profiling purposes as well as other purposes reasonably related to the entrant’s relationship with them. In addition,
by entering this competition, you consent to WAN using your personal information for the purpose of WAN entities
sending you information regarding programs, products and services available through them and/ or through their
business partners, and to WAN from time to time sharing your personal information with carefully selected business
partners for the purpose of them sending you such information directly. We will always provide you with the ability to
opt out of those communications.
42. If an entrant does not want their details to be used for the purposes stated in clause 4141. they must write to The West
Australian by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Privacy Officer, GPO Box D162, Perth WA 6840 and West
Australian Newspapers Limited will ensure that the details are not used for that purpose.
43. It is a condition of entry that all prize winners agree to have their name, photo, video and suburb published for publicity
purposes if required. By participating in this competition, participants signify their acceptance of all conditions and the
requirement to participate in promotional activity if required.
44. The Promoter’s decision on all matters related to this competition is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence
will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to limit entry or amend rules if considered necessary without
45. The Promoter is not responsible for any data or other information related to this program that may be lost, damaged as
a result of any computer software or hardware malfunction. Any issues occurring as a result of computer problems will
be rectified as quickly as possible.
46. Any costs of using and accessing the website via a mobile phone, tablet or other devices will be dependent on the
entrant’s individual mobile and internet service provider. The Promoter is not responsible for any costs associated with
any mobile, telephone, internet access and usage. The Promoter is not responsible for any other costs associated or
incurred as a result of the entrant’s entry into the competition.
47. All entrants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance
of any prize(s) or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and
damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or
48. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent
financial advice should be sought by the winner.
49. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who the Promoter believes have breached any of these
terms and conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct. The Promoter has legal rights to
recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
50. The Promoter may, subject to any relevant and applicable State of Federal laws, terminate this competition at any time
at its absolute discretion without liability to any entrant or other person.
51. On completion of the prize draw, all entries will be stored for a minimum 12 month period at The West Australian. This
is a mandatory requirement of the Gaming and Wagering Commission Act 1987 (WA).
52. The Promoter may vary these terms and conditions at its discretion.