The Rocks Lunar Magic – Win a One Night Staycation at The Sydney Harbour Rocks Hotel (prize valued at $219)
Conditions of Entry – The Rocks Lunar Magic Competition
1. The Promoter is Place Management NSW of Level 4, 66 Harrington Street, The Rocks, NSW 2000. A.B.N.51 437
2. Information on how to enter The Rocks Lunar Magic Competition (Promotion) and prizes form part of these
Conditions of Entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via
Instagram post only.
3. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older (inclusive). (EligibleEntrants).
4. Directors, management and employees of Place Management NSW and its related entities (and their immediate
families), printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter the
5. Promotion commences on 29/01/2021 at 10:00AM and closes at 11:59PM (AEDT) on 21/01/2021 (Promotional
Period). The prize draw will take place on 22/02/2021 where one (1) winner will be selected. Selection will take
place at 9:00AM (AEDT) 22/01/2021 at Level 4, 66 Harrington Street, The Rocks NSW 2000. The winner will be
contacted by email the following day of competition close. The winner will have until 11:59PM (AEDT) on
8/03/2021 to redeem their prize. If prizes remain unclaimed at this time, a runner up will be contacted by 9:00AM
(AEDT) on 9/03/2021. The winner will be notified via email.
6. To enter the Promotion and become an Entrant, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period, scan a
Lunar Magic QR code in The Rocks precinct taking the Entrant to the Lunar Magic competition webpage. The
Entrant must submit their contact details in the ‘Lunar Magic’ entry form and agree to become a subscriber to
The Rocks’ ‘What’s On’ emailing list. Multiple entries are not permitted.
7. Place Management NSW reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to
disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) submitting an entry which is not in accordance
with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct
calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Place Management NSW’s legal rights to
recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. This is a game of chance, with the winner randomly selected from the valid pool of entries which are submitted
during the Promotional Period. One (1) winner will receive a staycation prize pack including:
1 x night stay at the Harbour Rocks Hotel for 2 people valued at $219
Breakfast for 2 people at Creperie Suzette up to the value of $40
1 x $100 dining voucher for Sergeant Lok
9. Total prize value is $359. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and subject to the terms and conditions
as stated on the vouchers.
10. Place Management NSW accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prizes.
Independent financial advice should be sought.
11. Place Management NSW and the Entrant acknowledge that: the Entrant is providing their personal information to
Place Management NSW for the purposes of the Promotion and that their personal information is not being used in
any way by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram nor being supplied by or to Facebook or Instagram; and the Promotion
is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
12. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the Promotion and
all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by Place Management NSW to have provided incorrect, misleading or
fraudulent information may, at the discretion of Place Management NSW, be deemed invalid. Place Management
NSW reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification
or other documentation (to Place Management NSW satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the
Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim the Prize, and any information submitted by
the Entrant in entering the Promotion, before issuing the Prize. If the documentation required by Place Management
NSW is not received by Place Management NSW (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been
verified or validated to Place Management NSW satisfaction, then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible
and deemed invalid.
13. The Prize will only be awarded to an individual following any winner validation and verification that Place
Management NSW requires in its sole discretion.
14. All costs associated with the entering of the competition and accessing social media channels remain an Entrant’s
responsibility and may vary depending on the Internet service provider used.
15. Place Management NSW accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
16. Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of The
Rocks website (therocks.com), social media channels or to otherwise undermine thelegitimate
operation of this Promotion may be a violation of laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or
not, Place Management NSW reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If Place
Management NSW suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or
any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify Place Management NSW for those losses,
damages and costs.
17. Place Management NSW and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without
limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained
(including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with taking the Prize or using
the Prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum
allowable by law). Place Management NSW and its agents associated with this Promotion take no responsibility for
the Prize being damaged or lost (if relevant).
18. Place Management NSW and its associated agencies and companies are not responsible for any problems, delays
or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software,
technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other
technical failures including any damage to the Entrant’s or any other person’s mobile handset, computer or
peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this Promotion or the downloading of any materials related
to this Promotion.
19. Place Management NSW will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information
communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause
outside the reasonable control of Place Management NSW including but without limitation technical malfunctions or
20. If this Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to war, terrorism,
state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering,
unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security,
fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Place Management NSW reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative
prize to the same value as an original Prize, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or
21. As a condition of entering this Promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, Place
Management NSW using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or
recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or
compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Promotion (including any outcome), and/or
promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Place Management NSW. The
Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities
in relation to the Promotion as requested by Place Management NSW and its agents.
22. An entry and any copyright or intellectual property rights subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of
entry, the property of Place Management NSW. Place Management NSW collects personal information about an
Entrant to include the Entrant in the Promotion and, where appropriate, award prizes. If the personal information
requested is not provided, the Entrant cannot participate in the Promotion and is deemed ineligible. An Entrant also
agrees that Place Management NSW may, in the event the Entrant is the winner, publish or cause to be published
the Entrant winner’s, name, locality and winning image / entry in any media, as required under the relevant State or
Territory lottery legislation. An Entrant can gain access to, update or correct any personal information held by Place
Management NSW by contacting Place Management NSW Privacy Officer by calling (02) 9240 8500. A copy of
information collected may be obtained by contacting Place Management NSW.