Tenplay – Win a Family Trip to LA
WIN A FAMILY HOLIDAY TO LA!
Simply watch Family Feud weeknights on TEN from 6.00 pm for the Birds Eye Fish Fingers Questions & Answers broadcast during the breaks.
You and your family could be heading off on a family holiday of a lifetime to Los Angeles, USA!
You Could Win…
Return economy class airfares for 4 (2 adults & 2 children U12 years old) to Los Angeles, USA
5 x nights’ 4 star accommodation at the Hyatt LA Hotel Downtown including breakfast
6 x day Los Angeles hop-on hop-off double-decker bus tour through the heart of Los Angeles
Day trip to San Diego Zoo
LA airport to hotel return private transfers
AUD$1,500 in spending money
Thanks to Birds Eye! Birds Eye logo
Win a Trip to LA Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate families of Network TEN, Salmat Digital Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Monday 11 August 2014 at 1:00 pm (AEST) and concludes on Sunday 24 August 2014 at 23:59 (AEST).
4. The competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network TEN, www.tenplay.com.au/familyfeud and www.tenplay.com.au
5. To enter, participants must:
a. Watch Family Feud from 6pm on Network TEN weeknights for the daily viewer question; and
b. log onto tenplay.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) name, address, phone number, e-mail address, interest (refer Clause 6) and
c. provide their best answer to the advertised viewer question
6. To enter, online entrants must register to become a member of TEN via the TEN website tenplay.com.au or any of its affiliated websites. It is free to become a member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with the TEN Members rules.
7. There will be a total of ten (10) daily questions announced on Network TEN during the competition period.
8. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
9. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
10. A limit of one online entry per day per member applies.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses to register single or multiple entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
13. Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEST) on Sunday 24 August 2014. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
14. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
15. One (1) Major Prize winner will win a trip for a family of 4 (2 Adults and 2 children under 12) to Los Angeles, USA. The prize consists of:
Return economy class airfares for 4 (2 adults & 2 children U12yo) to Los Angeles, USA from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city valued up to $11,000
All airline and airport taxes valued up to $1,800
Return private transfers for 4 people from LA airport to accommodation
valued up to $500
5 x nights 4 star accommodation at the Hyatt LA Hotel Downtown (or similar)
family share valued up to $2,500
Daily breakfast for 4 people valued up to $600
6 x day Los Angles hop-on hop-off double-decker bus tour for 4 people
through the heart of Los Angeles that allows you to explore at your own leisurely pace with over 50 stops in the City of Angels including Hollywood, Beverly Hills, downtown LA and Santa Monica valued up to $1,200
1 x Full day trip for 4 people to San Diego Zoo to see the world’s largest collection of exotic wild animals and explore nine different animal exhibits representing earth’s major biomes including return hotel transport valued up to $600
AUD$1,500 in spending money*
*Prize will be transferred via EFT into the winner’s nominated bank account.
16. Total prize value is up to $19,700.00 (including GST)
17. Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
18. The winner and their companions are responsible for all other expenses including additional spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
19. The winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth). If the winner is from Tasmania, ACT or NT connecting flights from these cities to the nearest flight departure capital city will be included in the prize package for the winner and travelling companions only. It is the winners’ responsibility to organise transfers to and from the winners nearest capital city.
20. If the competition winner is under 18 years of age at the time of the draw, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner. The winner and their parent or legal guardian may be required to sign a prize transfer agreement to facilitate the prize transfer.
21. The prize is subject to hotel and flight availability. The prize is not available during
peak times such as public holidays and school holidays and cannot be changed once the booking has been made. The winner is responsible for any amendments or fees issued by airlines or suppliers once a booking is confirmed and ticketed. The prize must be taken by 30 September 2015. Block out periods include 10 December 2014 until 20 January 2015 and from 20 June 2015 until 10 August 2015 along with all other special event periods. All bookings must be made a minimum of 45 days in advance of the requested departure date. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos, may be dependent on seat class with airlines or specific room category with accommodation partner. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline.
22. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
23. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid immunisation and documentation, including but not limited to valid passports with a minimum of 6 months validity on it prior to departure and visas which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s.
24. Network TEN, makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
25. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
26. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
28. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
29. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
30. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
31. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
32. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
33. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
34. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the draw. One (1) valid entrant will be drawn at random to become the winner. The draw will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060, on Tuesday 26 August 2014 at 14:00 (AEST).
35. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
36. The winner will be notified within 2 days of the draw. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing. Winners of prizes valued over $250 will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 2 September 2014.
37. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
38. Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 on Tuesday 9 December 2014 at 14:00 (AEDT). The winner will be notified within 2 days of the draw. The winner will be notified of their prize in writing. The winner of a prize valued over $250 will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 16 December 2014.
39. If a winner and travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date, or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner. The prize is not transferable or refundable. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or element thereof.
40. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
41. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
42. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
43. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
44. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any
personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
45. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
46. Network TEN, Salmat Digital Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
47. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
48. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
49. STANDARD OPT-IN: All entries become the property of The Promoter. When an entrant enters the competition, the entrant will have an option to either tick or leave not ticked an “opt-in” box agreeing to receive electronic communications from The Promoter or The Prize Provider. If the entrant ticks the box, they will be entered into a database and The Promoter or the Prize Provider may use the entrant’s names, addresses, email and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid (unless otherwise advised by the entrant). By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used and shared for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter..
50. You consent to the Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to Salmat Digital Pty Limited and third party service providers for this purpose. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
The Promoter is Network TEN (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders St, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
Authorised under NSW permit no: LTPS/14/05885, VIC permit no: 14/4758, ACT permit no: TP 14/02591, SA permit no: T14/1352.