Ten Play – Win a 5 Star Trip to Moscow (prize valued at $8,700)
Fox Red Sparrow Competition TCs 140218 V2 Page 1 of 8
Fox Red Sparrow Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Fox Red Sparrow
Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia, aged 18 years and over, however, employees and the
immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies
and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are
not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry
may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Sunday 18 February 2018 at 09:00 AEDT and closes on Sunday
4 March 2018 at 23:59 AEDT (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network TEN, www.tenplay.com.au.
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Log on to tenplay.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) name,
address, phone number, email address, gender and interest, to become a TENPlay
b. Answer the question on the competition page in 25 words or less
6. It is free to become a TENPlay member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website
is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in
conjunction with the TEN Members rules.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. A limit of one online entry per day per TENPlay member applies.
9. Entrants who have won a major prize in any Network Ten competition in the past 12 months are
not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
10. Entries must be received by Sunday 4 March 2018 at 23:59 AEDT to be included in the Prize
judging. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered
into the Prize judging.
Fox Red Sparrow Competition TCs 140218 V2 Page 2 of 8
11. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s
database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due
to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be
individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question
provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and
binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose
at its absolute discretion, including promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any
further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The Promoter is entitled
to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
14. The Entrant warrants to the Promoter the entry submitted is an original literary work of the
Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the
information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the
Entrant warrants they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for
the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all
claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
15. Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem
inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
16. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using
their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to
control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Ansible Pty Ltd, will not be
responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this.
Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
18. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits
the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s
participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN or the advertising or
marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the winner will not be
entitled to any fee for such use.
19. Winners will be judged from all entries received throughout the competition period and one (1)
Major Prize Winner will be selected by a judging panel at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street,
Pyrmont NSW 2009 on Monday 5 March 2018 from 10:00 AEDT. The Winner will be the
Entrant who, in the sole opinion of the judges, has submitted the most creative and original 25
words or less answer to the question on the competition page. The Prize Winner will be
notified by phone call within two (2) days of judging and in writing and the winner’s details will
be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au from Tuesday 6 March 2018.
Fox Red Sparrow Competition TCs 140218 V2 Page 3 of 8
20. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
21. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize remains unclaimed by
the winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by Thursday 5 April 2018 from 10:00
AEST, the Prize/s will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best
meets the judging criteria excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize. This
Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont,
NSW 2009 at Thursday 5 April 2018 from 10:00 AEST. The Winner of the Unclaimed Prize
Determination will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize
Determination and will be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au from Friday 6
22. There will be one (1) Major Prize Winner judged from all entries received (Online) who will win
the following prize package:
Number Prize Details AUD Value
A VIP trip to Moscow including:
Return economy flights for the Major Prize Winner and
their travelling companion from the nearest major
international airport (Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra,
Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney) to Moscow, Russia
Return airport transfers in Moscow, Russia
Five (5) nights’ accommodation in the 5 star hotel in
Moscow, that is featured in the film (must include a
VIP Private Behind-the-Scenes of Ballet Tour at the Bolshoi
Tickets to Bolshoi Ballet
Lunch at Café Pushkin, featured in Red Sparrow
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE – AUD $8,700.00
23. The total Prize Pool is valued at $8,700.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
24. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize/s are not included. These are the
responsibility of the winner.
25. Either the Major Prize Winner or their travelling companion must be aged 21 years and over.
26. The Behind-the-Scenes tour of the Bolshoi Theater is available in English and Russian. Tickets
for the Bolshoi Ballet are subject to availability and are dependent on the Major Prize Winner’s
chosen travel dates. To attend the matinee Ballet performance, all participants must be 5 years
and older, and for the evening Ballet performances, all participants must be 10 years and older.
For the Bolshoi Theater guided tour, all participants must be 10 years and older.
27. Only items from the prix-fixe menu may be selected for the lunch at Café Pushkin portion of the
prize. If the Major Prize Winner and/or their travelling companion wish to choose an item that
is not included in the prix-fixe menu, it is at their own expense.
Fox Red Sparrow Competition TCs 140218 V2 Page 4 of 8
28. The Major Prize winner and their travelling companions are responsible for all other expenses
including spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless
specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure
and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities,
services charges and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is not included (unless specified
in the prize inclusions) but is highly recommended.
29. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be
taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not
entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in
conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize winners are advised that tax
implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial
advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
30. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs
associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
31. The Major Prize travel must be completed by Tuesday 5 March 2019, is subject to availability,
and is based on two (2) people sharing one room. Specified accommodation, restaurants and
tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered dependent
32. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
33. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the
delivery of the prize/s.
34. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding
the Competition result.
35. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of
use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
36. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at
the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the
winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
37. Personal information about all prize winners will be shared with the prize provider, and their
agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize winners.
38. If the Major Prize winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid
entry requirements of notification of winning, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the
winner will have no further claim. A re-judge will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid
Fox Red Sparrow Competition TCs 140218 V2 Page 5 of 8
39. Dates of travel within holiday periods are subject to availability. Blackout dates will apply
unless specifically pre-arranged prior to the competition being run. Blackout dates include
Christmas, New Year, Easter, school and summer holidays, and public holidays in the departure
or arrival country.
40. Travel is valid for twelve (12) months from the initial judging date. Winners who do not travel
within twelve (12) months will become null and void and will no longer be entitled to their
grand prize. The Major Prize Winner must contact the Prize Provider with three preferred travel
dates no later than six (6) weeks prior to the earliest intended departure date.
41. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those travelling are not changeable
without incurring extra fees. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fees incurred
as a result of any changes made and these costs will be borne by the winner and their
42. The Major Prize winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must
depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their
nearest capital city for flight departure. It is the winner’s responsibility to organise transfers
and cover associated costs to and from the winner and their travelling companion’s residence
and nearest capital city.
43. The Major Prize Winner, or their travelling companion, may be required to provide a credit card
in order to check-in at the hotel for a security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges.
44. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to
seasonal embargos. The Promoter has the right to determine the airline carrier at its discretion.
In the event that a winner requests a specific carrier, not offered by the Promoter, any
subsequent or additional fees and taxes, if applicable will be the responsibility of the winner.
Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their
current flight schedule. Flights will be indirect. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any
airline. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of
a travel Prize and any costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result
(including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the winner.
45. Network TEN and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual
associated with the provision of the Prize(s) make no representation as to the safety conditions
or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained
from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the
Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, www.dfat.gov.au.
46. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation,
including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of
immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any necessary visas,
vaccinations, passports and any associated costs are the responsibility of the winner and their
travelling companion. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of
such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole
responsibility of the traveller/s.
47. It is the responsibility of the winner (and their travelling companion/s) to obtain all relevant
passports (with at least 6 months validity from the date of return), ESTA forms and visas and
Fox Red Sparrow Competition TCs 140218 V2 Page 6 of 8
vaccinations if required. Any costs associated with this are not included in the prize package.
Costs are the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion/s.
48. As it is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation,
including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of
immigration and other government authorities at every destination, any fines, penalties,
payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the
requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s.
49. All components of the Major Prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split
across different time periods. All elements of the package are subject to availability at the time
50. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s
contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify
the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be
directed to the Promoter.
51. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a
form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
52. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions
to be a valid winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a re-judge will take place
to reallocate the Major Prize to a valid winner.
53. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all
reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being
interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the
54. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter
reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry
process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
55. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances, the validity of your
entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be
determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a
winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the
Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their
medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is
a condition of accepting the prize the winner signs any such legal documentation.
56. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
Fox Red Sparrow Competition TCs 140218 V2 Page 7 of 8
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s
control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by
the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any
variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability
incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
57. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
58. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information
about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information
will be made without prior consent.
59. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including
but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained
in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The
Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the
phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this
Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the
course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or
satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
60. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and
notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a
third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Ansible Pty Ltd
and MultiChannel Network Pty Ltd. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and
Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant
lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will
only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any
information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you
cannot participate in the promotion.
61. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to Network Ten Pty
access personal information that is held by Network Ten Pty Limited about you and seek
correction of such information. See www.tenplay.com.au/privacypolicy to view Network Ten
how you may complain about a breach of the APPs, or a registered code that is binding on our
Fox Red Sparrow Competition TCs 140218 V2 Page 8 of 8
organisation and how Network Ten Pty Limited will deal with such complaints. We may disclose
your personal information to related entities and third party service providers outside Australia.
62. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont