Ten Play – Win a $2000 Harris Scarfe Gift Card (prize valued at $10,000)
Harris Scarfe ” The Living Room Terms and Conditions Page 1 of 6
Harris Scarfe $10,000 Makeover Competition ” The Living Room Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Harris Scarfe
$10,000 Makeover Competition ” The Living Room Competition (“Competition”) is deemed
acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia, excluding WA residents, aged 18 years and over.
However, employees and the immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”),
DC Opco Pty Ltd, trading as Harris Scarfe, (the “Sponsor”) and their associated agencies and
companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not
eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be
3. The competition commences on Friday, 14 August 2020 at 14:00 AEST and closes on Sunday,
13 September 2020 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network 10 and www.10play.com.au.
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Log on to 10play.com.au/win and register their details. Specific details may vary, and may
include (but not limited to) first name, last name, post code, phone number, email
address, gender and date of birth, to become a 10 Play member.
b. To receive one (1) bonus entry, opt in to receive communication from Harris Scarfe by
ticking the check box on the 10 play website when making their entry submission.
6. It is free to become a 10 Play member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website
is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in
conjunction with the 10 Members rules.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants who have won a Major Prize in any Network 10 competition in the past 12 months are
not eligible to win a prize in this competition, excluding SA who are eligible to win more than
9. A limit of one online entry per day per 10 Play member applies. One membership per person
10. Entries must be received by Sunday, 13 September 2020 at 23:59 AEST to be included in the
Prize Draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be
entered into the Prize Draw.
Harris Scarfe ” The Living Room Terms and Conditions Page 2 of 6
11. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s
database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due
to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using
their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to
control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Ansible Pty Ltd, will not be
responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this.
Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
14. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Major Prize Winner, the Winner
hereby permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during
the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network 10 or the Sponsor
or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the
Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
15. The Prize Draw will be held on Tuesday, 15 September 2020 at 14:00 AEST at Ansible Pty Ltd,
Level 3, 100 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
16. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by a phone call within two (2) days of the draw and in
writing and the Winner’s details will be published on the 10 Play website at 10play.com.au from
Thursday, 17 September 2020.
17. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
18. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 3, 100 Chalmers
Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010 on Tuesday, 15 December 2020 at 14:00 AEDT. The unclaimed
prize Winner will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and Winner’s details will be
published on the 10 Play website at 10play.com.au from Thursday, 17 December 2020.
19. There will be Five (5) Major Prize Winners drawn from all entries received (Online). Each Major
Prize Winner will win the following prize package:
Number Major Prize Details AUD Value
Five (5) x
One (1) x Harris Scarfe Shopping Spree for your Home
(in the form of one (1) x $2,000 gift card)
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE – AUD $10,000.00
Harris Scarfe ” The Living Room Terms and Conditions Page 3 of 6
20. The total Prize Pool is valued at $10,000.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
21. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes are not included. These are the
responsibility of the Winner.
22. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be
taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not
entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in
conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize Winners are advised that tax
implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial
advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
23. The $2,000.00 Harris Scarfe gift card awarded to the Major Prize Winners must be used in
accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to the gift card as specified by the
24. The Harris Scarfe gift card awarded to the Major Prize Winners is valid for 3 years from the date
25. Harris Scarfe gift card redemption is available in store only. In the case that a Major Prize
Winner is unable to travel to a Harris Scarfe store for any reason hence, specifically requests
online redemption, the Promoter and the Sponsor will assess this on a case by case basis.
26. In acceptance of the prize, the Major Prize Winners acknowledge that they may incur ongoing
costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the Major Prize Winner.
27. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State
28. Neither the Promoter nor the Sponsor is responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or
lost in transit in the delivery of the prizes.
29. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding
the Competition result.
30. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Major Prize Winner must comply with all the
conditions of use of the prize and the Sponsor’s requirements.
31. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Major Prize Winner does not take an element of
the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited
by the Major Prize Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
32. Personal information about all prize Winners will be shared with the Sponsor , and their agents,
to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winners.
Harris Scarfe ” The Living Room Terms and Conditions Page 4 of 6
33. If the Major Prize Winners do not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid
entry requirements, the Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Major Prize Winner will have no
further claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Prize to a valid entrant.
34. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s
contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify
the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be
directed to the Promoter.
35. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Major Prize Winner may be required to sign a legal
release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
36. Should the Major Prize Winners not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and
conditions to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Prize, and a redraw will take
place to reallocate the Prize to a valid Winner.
37. By accepting the prize, the Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all
reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being
interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the
38. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter
reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry
process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
Competition, subject to government legislation.
39. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances and the validity of
your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will
be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be
a Winner, the Winner will be notified in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the
event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the
verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined
by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner signs any such legal
40. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoter and the Sponsor (including their respective officers, employees and agents) excludes
all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of
opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the
promotion and: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under
the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any
entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after
their receipt by the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Harris Scarfe ” The Living Room Terms and Conditions Page 5 of 6
Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any
tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
41. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government
42. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
43. The Promoter and the Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is
suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury
suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be
excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information,
either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with
or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may
occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission,
interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or
telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or
alteration of entries.
44. With your express consent to do so, by checking the opt-in tick box on 10play.com.au to receive
information and marketing communications from the Sponsor, DC Opco Pty Ltd (trading as
Harris Scarfe) will handle entrant’s personal information (e.g. first name, last name, postcode,
which can be accessed at https://hscs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015740691-Privacy-
may at any time, opt out of receiving contact from DC Opco Pty Ltd by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 03 9863 2200; or writing to: Attention Privacy Officer,
Harris Scarfe, L1, Building 8, Botanicca Corporate Park, 576 Swan Street, Richmond VIC 3121.
45. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and
notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a
third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to the Sponsor and
Ansible Pty Ltd. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery
departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation.
For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the
Winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information
should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot
participate in the promotion.
46. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to Network Ten Pty
access personal information that is held by Network Ten Pty Limited about you and seek
Harris Scarfe ” The Living Room Terms and Conditions Page 6 of 6
correction of such information. See https://www.cbsinteractive.com/legal/cbsi/privacy-
the APPs, or a registered code that is binding on our organisation and how Network Ten Pty
Limited will deal with such complaints. We may disclose your personal information to related
entities and third party service providers outside Australia.
47. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont
48. The Sponsor is DC Opco Pty Ltd trading as Harris Scarfe (ABN 83 095 018 803) of L4, 111 Cecil
St, South Melbourne, VIC 3205.
49. Permit Approvals: ACT: TP 20/01041, NSW: LTP/00152, SA: T20/920.