Suncorp – Win a Trip for 2 to Brisbane International 2018
LET’S TENNIS TOGETHER 2017 COMPETITION CONDITIONS
1. This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Suncorp Corporate Services Pty
Ltd ABN 69 074 966 466 (“the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266
George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000.
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of
these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who:
a. are Australian residents aged 16 years or older at time of entry, and if
aged under 18 must have prior parental or legal guardian consent; and
b. are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family
members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies
associated with the Competition;
c. are able to travel between Saturday 5 January 2018 and Monday 8
January 2018 to claim the relevant prize, (“Eligible Entrant”).
4. All Eligible Entrants who are under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of
their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter and satisfy all entry
requirements. The parent or guardian must have read and consented to these terms
and conditions, and the Promoter reserves the right to verify consent and require a
release and consent form to be signed before an Entrant can claim the prize (if
applicable). Failure to provide such verification, particulars, or releases will invalidate
the Eligible Entrant’s entry or the winner’s entitlement to the prize (if applicable).
5. Competition entry commences at 8:00am on Friday, 10 November 2017 and closes
at 11:59pm on Sunday, 3 December (“Entry Period”). Except as otherwise stated,
all times are Brisbane time.
6. To enter the Competition and be eligible for the Major Prize, an Eligible Entrant
must, during the Entry Period:
a. Go to the competition website, http://letstennistogether.com.au;
b. Complete the online entry form with the required personal details (including first
name, last name, phone number and email address);
c. Answer in 100 words or less “Who would you take to the Brisbane International
2018 and why?”;
d. Attach a photo or video 10MB or less;
e. Tick the box to confirm they have read and agree to these Competition Terms
and Conditions, or if they are under 18, a parent or legal guardian has agreed
(approved)? on their behalf; and
f. Tick the box to confirm they agree to their entry being shared by the Promoter
(including first name, 100 words or less entry and photo or video).
7. Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Each entrant can only
enter the competition once.
8. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be
deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary
requirements under condition 6 have been met and not at the time of submission by
the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete,
incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any
equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
9. Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may
apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service
10. Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject
internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using
automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
11. Eligible Entrants must create their own entry and only submit an entry in their own
name. Entries that are found to have been derived from third party work will be
considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, the prize must be returned to the
Promoter. Each Eligible Entrant indemnifies the Promoter and its associated
companies and agents for any claims, costs, expenses, penalties or damages they
incur from reproducing, publishing or otherwise using any works subsequently found
to have been derived in any way from any third party works.
12. Each Eligible Entrant warrants and agrees that:
a. they have created the entry themselves;
b. they are entitled to reproduce and exploit all underlying works in the entry;
c. the entry does not, and use or exploitation of the entry by the Promoter (and
each of its assignees and licensees) as contemplated by these conditions will
not, violate the rights (including copyright and privacy) of any third person;
d. the entry has not been previously published in any other medium or forum
e. they will not submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, derogatory,
abusive, harmful to any person or entity, or otherwise inappropriate or offensive;
f. they have not granted rights to their entry to any other person which is
inconsistent with the rights granted to the Promoter under these conditions.
13. Each Eligible Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter (and each of its
assignees and licensees) has the right, in its absolute discretion, to edit, amend,
copy, reproduce, use, publish, broadcast and communicate to the public, the entry in
any media including television and the internet, without any further consultation,
reference, payment or other compensation. Each Eligible Entrant also agrees that
they will not make any claim against the Promoter (or its assignees and licensees)
arising form the exercise of these rights, including claims in relation to any moral
rights that they may otherwise have.
14. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify
any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering,
submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or
otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise
the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their
entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity,
eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any
entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the
Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s
16. There is one (1) Major Prize to be won for the most creative answer to the question
in condition 6 (Major Prize Winner). There are twenty (20) Minor Prizes to be won
for the next creative answers which were ranked from 2nd – 21st (Minor Prize
17. The Major Prize Winner will receive the Major Prize which is a trip for two (2) people,
including the winner and their nominated companion (at least one of the two must be
an adult), to Brisbane, which includes:
a. 2 x tickets to the Brisbane international 2018 Women’s Final on Saturday, 6
January 2018 at the Queensland Tennis Centre, Tennyson;
b. 2 x tickets to the Brisbane International 2018 Men’s Final on Sunday, 7 January
2018 at the Queensland Tennis Centre, Tennyson;
c. Return economy flights for 2 people between Saturday 6 January and Monday8
January 2018, should the winner live 300km outside of Brisbane (incl taxes);
d. Two nights accommodation (twin share) in a minimum 4-star hotel in Brisbane;
e. Transfers to and from Brisbane Domestic Airport to the hotel;
f. 1 x participation in the Women’s Final coin toss;
g. 1 x participation in the Men’s Final coin toss;
h. 1 x visa debit card valued at $500 AUD. The prize is subject to any conditions
imposed by the supplier (including any expiry dates).
18. All components of the prize(s) must be taken together and when offered or will be
forfeited. The prize(s) cannot be used in conjunction with other travel discounts or
special offers, and frequent flyer points will not be accrued.
19. Flights and accommodation are subject to booking and availability. All bookings are
subject to the travel supplier’s terms and conditions.
20. The winner and their travelling companion are responsible for ensuring that they
have all necessary documents and permissions to travel to the relevant destination
(including a current passport and any visas that may be required).
21. Minor Prize Winners will receive either of the following Minor Prizes in accordance
with condition 34 and the respective prize allocations having been exhausted:
a. 10 x double passes to the Brisbane International 2018 Men’s Final on Sunday, 7
January 2018 at the Queensland Tennis Centre, Tennyson (minor prize
b. 10 x Brisbane International 2018 merchandise packs. The content of these is
subject to merchandise availability and is up to the final discretion of the
Promoter (merchandise prize).
22. Minor Prizes do not include any costs associated with claiming the prize and
attending the Brisbane International 2018 Mens’ Final including but not limited to,
costs of travel, flights, accommodation, transfers, and spending money. All
associated costs will remain the sole responsibility of the Minor Prize Winner.
23. The total prize pool is valued up to $10,000 AUD including GST, as at Wednesday,
25 October 2017. The major prize is valued at up to $5,000 AUD including GST as at
Wednesday, 25 October 2017. The total prize pool of the minor prize is valued at
$5,000 AUD including GST as at Wednesday, 25 October 2017. A prize value is the
recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter
takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate
changes or otherwise.
24. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance
and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner. For the major prize, this
includes but is not limited to taxes, insurance, extra spending money and any other
ancillary costs. For a minor prize, this includes but is not limited to travel costs to and
from the event, accommodation, taxes, insurance, spending money and any other
25. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize
as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize
(including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers,
such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any
part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will
26. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its
absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value.
The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a
winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
27. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-
refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another
prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion.
28. This Competition is a game of both skill in which chance will play no part. Entries will
be judged based on creativity in answering the question in condition 6.
29. All judging for the prizes will take place on or before Friday, 8 December 2018 at
266 George Street, Brisbane.
30. For the prize(s), all valid entries (as outlined in condition 6 received during the Entry
Period will be judged by the Promoter’s judging panel based on the entrant’s 100-
word entry and photo or video submission. Determination of the winner(s) will be to
the Promoter’s utmost discretion.
31. Before a prize can be claimed, the Promoter will require proof of age. If the winner is
under 18 years of age, their Parent or Guardian will be required to read and agree
Terms & Conditions on their behalf and sign a release of liability form (provided by
the Promoter) in favour of all parties involved in this Competition (including those
providing the prize). If the release of liability form is not signed within the time
requested by the Promoter, the winner’s entry will be deemed not to comply with
these Terms and Conditions and their prize will be forfeited.
32. All winners of the major prize and the minor prizes will be notified by a phone call
and email using the details provided in their entry within 2 business days of judging
of the winner. The name of the winner(s) will also be published at
www.suncorp.com.au and on the Suncorp Facebook page
33. The Minor Prize Winners will be judged and determined according to their entry and
ranked from number 2 (two) to 21 (twenty-one). Minor Prize Winners will be
contacted by phone in consecutive order and offered either the double passes or
merchandise prize (as set out in condition 22). Once either of the prizes has run out,
the remaining Minor Prize Winners will not be given a choice for either the tickets or
merchandise pack and must accept what is available.
34. The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their
prize. Any instructions provided, including deadlines, must be complied with to claim
35. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that
the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
36. If a winner cannot be contacted, is found ineligible, or does not follow the Promoter’s
instructions to claim the Prize within 5 business days of notification or as otherwise
instructed, the Promoter will deem the prize as unclaimed (and forfeited) and the
entry judged as the next best will be the winner of the prize. That process will be
repeated if required.
37. Each prize winner, at the Promoter’s request, must participate in all promotional
activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free
of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in
promotional material in any medium, without restriction, throughout the world. The
Promoter may require the winners sign a release form in this regard before a prize
can be claimed.
38. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is
interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures,
natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or
viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
39. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or
delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the
Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks
or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any
carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or
alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of,
any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
(iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the
course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the
foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused
by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
40. All of the Promoter’s decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final
and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any
of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
41. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of
accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice
should be sought.
42. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and
agencies and any of their personnel (the “Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for
any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or
incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize,
including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss;
(ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for
personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law,
it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
43. The winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity
(such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and
consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including
any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media
at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
44. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability in relation to
this Competition, and acknowledges that this Competition is in no way sponsored,
endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
45. Where a part of the prize involves the winner and their travelling companion(s)
attending an event, if any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or
postponed for any reason, that part of the prize may be forfeited without
compensation at the Promoter’s discretion.
46. The Promoter encourages the winner and their companion(s) to enjoy any alcohol
consumption in moderation. Adults are advised to consider the ‘low risk drinking’
guideline recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council’s
Australian Alcohol Guidelines which states: for healthy men and women, drinking no
more than two (2) standard drinks on any day reduces your risk of harm from
alcohol-related disease or injury over a lifetime. Drinking no more than four (4)
standard drinks on a single occasion reduces the risk of alcohol-related injury arising
from that occasion. A full version of the National Health & Medical Research
Council’s Australian Alcohol Guidelines is available at:
The winner and their companion(s) agree that the prize is subject to relevant health,
safety and liquor consumption laws, including responsible service of alcohol
requirements of any prize provider. The Promoter additionally encourages the winner
and their companion(s) to visit the Australian Government’s information site for
alcohol at www.alcohol.gov.au.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
47. Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the
Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote
the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal
information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize
suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, media outlets and
related companies. The Promoter will disclose the winners’ name, State/Territory of
residence, and the photo submitted with their entry on the Competition Website
and/or Facebook page. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants
consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
48. If an Eligible Entrant does not provide the personal information the Promoter
requests, the Promoter may not be able to enter them into the Competition. All
personal information is handled in accordance with these conditions and the
information that the Promoter holds about you, or complain, can be found in the
49. Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that
use the Suncorp brand (“we”/”us”) to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time
about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any
means, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry
out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and
disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or
analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people
who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from
entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp
Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use
online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to
improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must
provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing
communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the