Stockland Community Liveability survey – Win a $500 E Gift Card
Stockland Liveability Index 2021 Survey (Game of Skill)
– Terms and Conditions of Entry –
PART A – GENERAL TERMS
1. These terms and conditions govern the Stockland Liveability Index 2021 survey (Game of Skill)
competition (Competition) and provide participants of the Competition (Entrant or you) with
information on how to be eligible to participate in the Competition and to go into the draw to for the
2. By participating in the Competition, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that it has read, understood
and agreed to these terms and conditions of entry. An Entrant must comply with these terms and
conditions for their entry to be valid and to be eligible to go into the draw for the prize.
PART B – PROMOTER’S DETAILS
3. The Promoter is Stockland Development Pty Limited ACN 000 064 835 of Level 25, 133 Castlereagh
Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (Promoter).
4. The Promoter is a wholly owned subsidiary of Stockland Corporation Limited ACN 000 181 733
PART C – PRIVACY AND COLLECTION NOTICE
This Notice explains how the Promoter and its affiliates (“We”), manage your personal information and
5. We collect your personal information directly from you wherever practicable. We may collect personal
information from our related companies or other third parties.
6. We will use your personal information primarily to conduct the Competition and survey, advise if you
are a winner, and provide information about the products and services you have requested offered
by us and our affiliate retailers. We will also use this information for research to improve our products
and services. If you do not provide us with that information, we may be unable to process your entry.
7. We may disclose your personal information, including updates to consultants, agents or contractors
acting on Stockland’s behalf, parties to whom Stockland has outsourced various functions, our related
parties, entities and trusts and regulatory authorities where required by law. We may disclose personal
information to entities outside Australia, including to our related bodies corporate, data hosting and
other service providers.
information we may hold about you, or to make a privacy complaint, and how we will deal with the
9. You may contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: Privacy Officer, Stockland,
Level 25,133 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
PART D – WHO CAN ENTER
10. Entry to the Competition is open to residents who live in a Stockland Residential community. Entrants
must be at least 13 years or older. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their
parent or legal guardian over the age of 18 to enter the Competition. Directors, officers, management,
suppliers and their employees (and the Immediate Families of directors, officers, management,
suppliers and employees) of the Promoter or of its related bodies corporate or agencies are ineligible
to enter the Promotion. ‘Immediate families’ means any of the following: spouse (including same sex
spouse), ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-
parent, natural or adopted sibling, whether or not they live in the same household as the director,
officer, manager, employee or contractor.
11. The Competition opens on Monday 1st
February and entries close on Sunday 14th
March 2021 at
11:59PM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) (Competition Period).
12. To be eligible to enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the online Survey in full and answer
in full any additional questions required by the Promoter at its absolute discretion with respect to the
Competition (Competition Questions).
13. Entries must not contain any offensive or inappropriate content. Entrants confirm and promise that
their entry is an original and unpublished work and does not infringe the rights of any other person.
Further, Entrants agree that the Promoter has an unrestricted, irrevocable, transferable, divisible right
and licence to use and modify their entry for the purpose of the Promoter’s business without the
payment of any fee or compensation. The Entrant agrees to sign any further documentation required
by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement as a precondition to being awarded a prize. To the
extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that
would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry.
14. A completed survey Competition Questions cannot be modified after it has been submitted.
15. Entry in the Competition is free (excluding internet connection charges). Each Entrant is entitled to
complete and submit the survey and Competition Questions once only. Multiple surveys from the same
person will result in any additional entries from the Entrant being disqualified.
16. Entries must be received by Sunday 14th
March 2021 at 11:59PM AEST. The time of entry will in each
case be the time the entry is received by the Promoter’s database and not the time of transmission by
the Entrant. Stockland and the Promoter, its agents, affiliates and representatives will not be liable for
any lost, late or misdirected surveys including delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions,
network congestion or for any other reason. The Promoter or its affiliates accept no responsibility for
entries not received by the closing date for any reason whatsoever.
17. Entrants that do not submit completed surveys and Competition Questions in accordance with these
terms and conditions of entry, and any incomplete surveys and Competition Questions, will be deemed
18. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Should an Entrant’s details change during the Competition Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to
notify the Promoter of its change of details promptly, but in any case, any notification from the Entrant
regarding amendments to details must be received by the Promoter prior to the Entrant receiving
notification of the prize from the Promoter or Stockland. If any notification of changed details is
received after the notification of the prize from the Promoter, the Entrant acknowledges that the prize
will be not be reissued under any circumstances.
19. All Entrants warrant to the Promoter that the above entry requirements have been met.
PART E – HOW TO WIN
20. All completed surveys and Competition Questions submitted will be reviewed to confirm eligibility and
compliance with these terms and conditions of entry will be judged at the head office of Stockland at
Level 25, 133 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on week commencing 15th
21. The Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
22. There are four (4) $500 Flexi eGift Cards to be won in total as part of the Competition. One $500 Flexi
eGift Card (Prize) will be awarded to each winning Entrant (Prize). One winning entrant will be selected
from each of the following states: NSW, QLD, WA & VIC. The qualifying communities are as follows:
NSW QLD WA VIC
(including Mt Ridley
Road, Lakeside &
23. In selecting the winning Entrants, the judges will give merit to the originality, clarity and creativity to
the nature of the response to the Competition Questions required to be answered.
24. The Promoter’s decision in relation to the winning entries and any aspect of the Competition is final
and binding and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result, including in
the event of a dispute.
PART F – PRIZES
25. Each winning Entrant will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone week commencing 3rd
May 2021 with
instructions as to how to claim the Prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. Entrants grant the
Promoter permission to communicate with them by e-mail and/or telephone for this purpose.
26. *GiftPay is the eGift platform from which the Prize will be issued. GiftPay is owned and operated by
Unified Incentives Pty Ltd, ABN 53 157 818 427, and use of the Prize is subject to the terms and
conditions imposed by Unified Incentives Pty Ltd and the individual retailers at which the Prize is
being redeemed. Further details regarding these terms and conditions and participating retailers can
be found at: https://www.giftpay.com/egift/info.aspx?gift=EH7WGK2D4E&value=100.
27. For enquiries about eGift Card delivery, activation or redemption please contact GiftPay via email to
email@example.com. The Prize is subject to such terms and conditions as may be imposed by Giftpay
and are as stated at the website noted above.
28. The Prize cannot be used in certain retail outlets. Stockland does not accept any liability or assume
any responsibility in any way arising out of, or in relation to, the use of the Prize, or for any card faults
or defects or if the Entrant is unable to use the Prize for any reason including if the Prize is damaged
29. The Prize (including any unused portion) must be taken as stated, and is not transferable,
exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The Promoter will not be liable in the event that the winning
Entrant does not take, or is unable to use, their Prize or any portion of it for any reason.
30. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting
the Prize. Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving
the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winning Entrant.
31. If the Prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter, in its sole
discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater monetary value,
subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
32. The Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of use applying to the Prize at the time it is issued by
GiftPay and the retailer at which the Entrant has chosen to redeem the Prize.
33. In participating in the Competition, each winning Entrant agrees to participate and co-operate as
required in all editorial and media/PR activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to
being interviewed and photographed. Each winning Entrant authorises and grants the Promoter an
absolute and irrevocable right to use and reproduce such footage and photographs together with the
Entrant’s name, voice, video entry, image and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any
media in perpetuity worldwide without additional compensation or further reference or requirement of
payment to the winning Entrant. The Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Stockland owns all rights,
title and interest (including intellectual property rights) in such photographs or videos and that any
existing and future rights in such photographs or videos are assigned to Stockland.
PART G – UNREDEEMED PRIZES
34. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given under the legislation regulating the Competition, if a
Prize is not claimed by the winning Entrant within 3 years of the date the Prize was delivered to the
Entrant, the prize will be deemed unredeemed and forfeited. The Entrant may not make a claim on the
Promoter or Stockland arising from or in connection to the Entrant’s failure to redeem the Prize within
the above timeframe.
35. The Entrant may not make a claim on the Promoter or Stockland arising from or in connection to the
Entrant’s failure to redeem or claim the Prize within the timeframes set out in clauses 25 and 34.
PART H – NO LIABILITY
36. The Prize may come with guarantees from the Prize provider that cannot be excluded under the
Australian Consumer Law. If those guarantees are not complied with, then you will have rights under
the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to those guarantees and rights, the Promoter shall not be
liable, and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever which is
suffered (including but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss and any loss arising out of a claim
by a third party) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition, or
the use of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law including as provided for
under the Australian Consumer Law.
37. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any incorrect
or inaccurate information, either caused or provided by an Entrant or due to any of the equipment or
programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error, or any
combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition including
any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications
line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the
right to take any action that may be available.
38. If for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any
other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security,
fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition), the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who undermines the fairness of the competition (by, for example,
tampering with, or using or exploiting errors in, the entry process to obtain a competitive advantage
over other Entrants), to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or
suspend the Competition, subject to any direction given under state regulations, or any written
directions given by a relevant regulatory authority.
39. The Entrant acknowledges and agrees that once the Prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the
Promoter and its associated agencies take no responsibility for the Prize being damaged, stolen or
lost. The Entrant is responsible for keeping the details of the Prize safe and secure and must not make
a claim on the Promoter with respect to any subsequent loss or damage to the Prize whatsoever.
40. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who the Promoter has
reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions of entry, or engaged in any unlawful
or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are
41. This competition may be conducted by the Promoter using social media which may be based outside
Australia, Information posted, tagged or commented on, including photographs and videos may be
transferred to the social media company’s server outside Australia. By entering this Competition you
consent and agree to this transfer.
42. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook
or any other social network, Entrants acknowledge that:
a. any information they provide in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and
not to Facebook or any other social network; and
b. any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the
Promoter, not to Facebook or any other social network; and
c. entrants release Facebook and any other social network and their associated companies from all
liability arising in respect of the Promotion and use or publication of the image and/or video.
43. Entrants must indemnify the Promoter and Stockland for and against all losses, liabilities, costs and
expenses incurred by the Promoter or Stockland (whether direct, indirect or consequential) including
legal expenses and third party claims in connection with the Entrant’s breach of clauses 41 and 42.
PART I – JURISDICTION
These terms and conditions are to be governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales and the
parties must submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales.