Qantas – 10M Qantas Frequent Flyer points up for grabs
LET your travel dreams take flight!
Qantas is giving away 10 million Frequent Flyer points across Australia and New Zealand and escape.com.au readers have the chance to win the lion’s share of this unprecedented prize.
Thanks to Qantas Frequent Flyer, there are one million points up for grabs in each state – enough to take you and your family on the trip of a lifetime.
All you need to do is fill out the entry form and say in 200 words how one million Qantas Points could make a difference to your life or someone else’s.
If you are not already a member, Qantas Frequent Flyer will waive the usual $89.50 joining fee during the two-week competition period – just follow the instructions on the entry page.
The competition ends on Sunday, June 15. The competition is open to readers of escape.com.au and News Corp Australia newspapers including The Sunday Telegraph, The Sunday Herald Sun, The Sunday Times, The Sunday Mail, The Sunday Tasmanian and The Sunday Territorian.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 11 31) and (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 7.00am (AEST) on 1 June 2014 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 15 June 2014 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open to all (Eligible Entrants), excluding (a) directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoters and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoters and its related bodies corporate; (b) registered travel companions of employees of the Promoters and its related bodies corporate; and (c) members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of the judging (or any re-judge). Entrants under the age of 18 must get permission to enter from a parent or legal guardian.
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a. Complete the online entry form at qantas.com/news, including entering the following details:
i. First name
ii. Last name
iii. Email address
iv. Phone number
v. Qantas Frequent Flyer number (if they are a member)
vi. State how they found out about the promotion from a dropdown of options (one for each state, news.com.au and Qantas Frequent Flyer email)
b. Answer the following question in 200 words or less: “How would one million Qantas Points change your life or the life of someone else?”;
c. All entries must be the original work of the entrant; and
d. Indicate they have read and accept these terms and conditions by ticking the box.
The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
Eligible Entrants will only be permitted one entry in the competition.
6. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. The result of the judging is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
8. Judging will take place between 26 June 2014 and 3 July 2014 at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, Sydney NSW and will be conducted by the Promoter. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges picked from the Qantas Frequent Flyer member base and they will be judged based on being the most meaningful or impactful (making the biggest change in someone life).
9. There will be nine Prizes. Each Prize consists of one million Qantas Points. Qantas Points may take up to 2 weeks to be credited to the winner’s account from the draw date (or any redraw date, as applicable) There will be one winner chosen from each of the following nine options from the “Where did you hear about this competition” field of the online entry form:
1. NSW & ACT: Sunday Telegraph/Daily Telegraph
2. VIC: Sunday Herald Sun/Herald Sun
3. QLD: Sunday Mail/Courier Mail
4. SA: Sunday Mail/Adelaide Advertiser
5. WA: Sunday Times
6. NT: Sunday Territorian/NT News
7. TAS: Sunday Tasmanian/Hobart Mercury
8. NATIONAL: news.com.au
9. Qantas Frequent Flyer email
10. If the winner is not already a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, membership to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, normally valued at $89.50 will be included in their prize. To accept this part of the prize, the winner must not already be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and must complete the standard join process, including agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (available at qantas.com).
11. The maximum notional value of each Prize is AU$22,844.50 with a total prize pool of $205,600.50 as at 5 May 2014 based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Awards that could be obtained by redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as full defined in the terms and conditions of the program available at qantas.com. For example, a Sydney to London one way Classic Award flight would be 64,000 Qantas Points (subject to Award flight availability) plus applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges, respectively. Therefore you could redeem for 15 of these Award flights with the Prize. As at 5 May 2014 the dollar fare for the equivalent commercial one way Economy flight would be AU$1,517 – therefore 15 of these flights would have a commercial value of $22,755. Plus, if the winner is not currently a member of Qantas Frequent Flyer they will join for free – the value of the membership is $89.50.
12. Each Prize may be subject to further conditions. The conditions will be provided upon booking.
13. The estimate of the maximum notional value of each prize is provided for information purposes only. The maximum notional value of each prize will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each prize.
14. Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. If the prizes that cannot be taken as stated, it will be forfeited. The prizes are not transferable to another person (unless agreed by the Promoters) and cannot be exchanged for other goods and services or redeemed for cash.
16. In the event that a Prize is redeemed for Award travel, the winners should be aware that the number of Award flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Award seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Award travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Award flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Award travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
17. The winners will be notified by email and phone within 2 business days following the completion of judging and their details (including name, suburb and state) will appear on qantas.com/news by 11 July 2014. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure the email address and phone number in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile is complete, accurate and up to date.
18. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters and which prevents the Promoters from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoters will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoters reserve the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion.
19. The Promoter, their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
20. The exclusion of liability in clause 16 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoters in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt, third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoters in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoters’ Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
21. The Promoter reserves the right to re-judge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming their prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 3 September 2014, a second (or such further) judging (based on being the most meaningful or impactful (making the biggest change in someone life) answer) will take place between 4 September 2014 and 11 September 2014 at the same place as the first judging in order to distribute the prize, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner will be notified by email and phone by 15 September 2014. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure the email address and phone number in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile is complete, accurate and up to date.
23. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.