Pro Quip International – Win a Prize In this Competition (prize valued at $1,100)
Melbourne Fashion Week Competition T&Cs Page 1 of 7
Melbourne Fashion Week ” 10 Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Melbourne
Fashion Week ” 10 Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Victoria aged 18 years and over. However, employees and the
immediate families of Network TEN Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies
and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are
not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry
may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Thursday 22 August 2019 at 09:00 AEST and closes on Tuesday
27 August 2019 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network 10, www.10play.com.au or
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must
a. Log on to either 10play.com.au/win and register their details including (but not limited
to) the code word, name, address, phone number, email address, gender and date of
birth, to become a 10 Play member.
b. Answer the question on the competition page in 25 words or less
6. It is free to become a 10 Play member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website
is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in
conjunction with the TEN Members rules.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. A limit of one online entry per day per 10 Play member applies. One 10 Play membership per
9. Entrants who have won a major prize in any Network 10 competition in the past 12 months are
not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
10. Entries must be received by Tuesday 27 August 2019 at 23:59 AEST to be included in the Prize
judging. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered
into the Prize judging.
Melbourne Fashion Week Competition T&Cs Page 2 of 7
11. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s
database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due
to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be
individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question
provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and
binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose
at its absolute discretion, including promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any
further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The Promoter is entitled
to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
14. The Entrant warrants to the Promoter the entry submitted is an original literary work of the
Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the
information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the
Entrant warrants they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for
the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all
claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
15. Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem
inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
16. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using
their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to
control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Ansible Pty Ltd, will not be
responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this.
Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
18. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits
the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s
participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network 10 or the advertising or
marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the winner will not be
entitled to any fee for such use.
19. Winner will be judged from all entries received throughout the competition period and One (1)
Major Prize Winner will be selected by a judging panel at Network 10 at 1 Saunders Street,
Pyrmont NSW 2009 on Wednesday 28 August 2019 after 10:00 AEST.
20. The Winner will be the Entrant who, in the sole opinion of the judges, has submitted the most
creative and original 25 words or less answer to the question on the competition page. The
Prize Winner will be notified by phone call within one (1) day of judging and in writing and the
Melbourne Fashion Week Competition T&Cs Page 3 of 7
winner’s details will be published on the 10 Play website at 10play.com.au from Thursday 29
21. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
22. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize remains unclaimed by
the winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by Thursday 29 August 2019 at 10:00
AEST, the Prize will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best
meets the judging criteria excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize. This
Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at Network 10 at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont,
NSW 2009 at Friday 30 August 2019 after 11:00 AEST. The Winner of the Unclaimed Prize
Determination will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize
Determination and will be published on the 10 Play website at 10play.com.au from Monday 2nd
23. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winners judged from all entries received (Online) who will win
the following prize package:
Number Prize Details
One (1) x
The Major Prize Winner will receive the prize package for two
(2) people; the Major Prize Winner and a companion:
2 x VIP tickets to Melbourne Fashion Week including
hospitality and a money-can’t buy behind the scenes
tour. Town Hall Runway 4 – Tuesday 3rd September
8.30pm, Melbourne Town Hall
Exclusive M/FW gift bag with products from MECCA,
KEVIN.MURPHY and Specsavers
1 nights’ accommodation at Sofitel Melbourne on
Collins checking in Tuesday 3rd September, checking
out Wednesday 4th September
TOTAL PRIZE VALUED AT UP TO – AUD $1320
24. The total Prize Pool is valued at up to $1320 AUD (including GST). The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize/s are not included. These are the
responsibility of the winner.
26. This is a date specific prize; the winner must travel on the date specified in prize details (clause
23). If the winner is not available to use the prize on Tuesday 3rd
September they will forfeit the
prize in full and a rejudging will take place as per clause 22.
27. The Major Prize winner and their travelling companions are responsible for all other expenses
including spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless
specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges,
gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs.
Melbourne Fashion Week Competition T&Cs Page 4 of 7
28. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be
taken as offered. Winner must be available to travel to Melbourne Town Hall on Tuesday 3rd
September 2019 to attend the Town Hall Runway 4 event at Melbourne Fashion Week. No
other Melbourne Fashion week dates or accommodation dates will be offered. Any prize,
unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not entitled to, are not
exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any
other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize winners are advised that tax
implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial
advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
29. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs
associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
30. The Major Prize travel must commence by Tuesday 3rd
September 2019 and is subject to
availability and is based on two (2) people sharing a twin/double room. Specified
accommodation and restaurants are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives
may be offered dependent on availability.
31. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
32. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the
delivery of the prize/s.
33. The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding
the Competition result.
34. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of
use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
35. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at
the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the
winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
36. Personal information about all prize winners will be shared with the prize provider, and their
agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize winners.
37. If the Major Prize winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid
entry requirements of notification of winning, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the
winner will have no further claim. A re-judge will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid
38. The Major Prize winner and their travelling companion must use all components of the prize at
the same time. It is the winner’s responsibility to organise transfers and cover associated costs
to and from the winner and their travelling companion’s residence.
Melbourne Fashion Week Competition T&Cs Page 5 of 7
39. The Major Prize Winner, or their travelling companion, may be required to provide a credit card
in order to check-in at the hotel and on the cruise, to cover a security deposit and any incidental
40. Network 10 and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual
associated with the provision of the Prize(s) make no representation as to the safety conditions
or other issues that may exist at any destination.
41. All components of the Major Prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split
across different time periods. All elements of the package are subject to availability at the time
42. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s
contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify
the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be
directed to the Promoter.
43. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a
form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
44. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions
to be a valid winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a re-judge will take place
to reallocate the Major Prize to a valid winner.
45. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all
reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being
interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the
46. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter
reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry
process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
47. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances, the validity of your
entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be
determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a
winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the
Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their
medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is
a condition of accepting the prize the winner signs any such legal documentation.
48. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
Melbourne Fashion Week Competition T&Cs Page 6 of 7
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s
control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by
the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any
variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability
incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
49. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
50. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information
about you to enable you to participate in this promotion, but no further use of this information
will be made without prior consent.
51. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including
but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained
in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The
Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the
phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this
Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the
course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or
satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
52. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and
notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a
third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Ansible Pty Ltd.
Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and
winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of
public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname,
initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to
the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
53. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to Network TEN Pty
access personal information that is held by Network TEN Pty Limited about you and seek
correction of such information. See https://www.cbsinteractive.com/legal/cbsi/privacy-
the APPs, or a registered code that is binding on our organisation and how Network TEN Pty
Limited will deal with such complaints. We may disclose your personal information to related
entities and third-party service providers outside Australia.
Melbourne Fashion Week Competition T&Cs Page 7 of 7
54. The Promoter is Network TEN Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont