Port Douglas Daintree Tourism – Win 3-night stay at Bali Hai, 1-night stay at Thala Beach Nature Reserve plus more (total prize value is $3,475)
1. This competition is a promotion run by Port Douglas Daintree Tourism Ltd of ABN 35 121 516 916 of 8/40 Macrossan Street, Port Douglas, QLD 4877 (“Promoter”).
2. Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of these terms and conditions of entry (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. Entry is open to all Australian residents over the age of 18 years only. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
4. Entry to the competition is available by registering for the ‘Win a Port Douglas Romantic Getaway’ campaign via the entry form on the Port Douglas Wedding Professionals website at https://www.weddingsportdouglas.com.au/.
5. Entrants will be asked to answer the following: ‘In 25 words or less, tell us why Port Douglas is the perfect place for a tropical romantic getaway’. Entry into the competition is limited to one entry per person. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
6. When entering the competition, entrants will be required to provide their name, email address, telephone number and postcode.
7. The competition commences at 2.00pm on Thursday 14th February 2019. Entry closes at midnight Wednesday 13th March 2019. The competition winner will be selected on Friday 15th March 2019 at the Port Douglas Daintree Tourism office, 8/40 Macrossan Street, Port Douglas Qld, 4877.
8. The winner (1) will be contacted by phone and/or email by Monday 18th March, 2019. The winner will be announced by the Promoter on relevant social media channels including Facebook and Instagram. Details of the winner will also be published in press releases.
9. The winner has four weeks (28 days) from point of first contact to contact the Tourism Port Douglas Daintree office to claim prize.
10. In the event that a redraw is required it will be held on Monday 22nd April 2019 at the Tourism Port Douglas Daintree office, 8/40 Macrossan Street, Port Douglas Qld, 4877.
11. Incomplete entries will be ineligible.
12. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late,
lost or misdirected entries.
13. The promoter takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted,
stored or uploaded by an entrant or any third party for any loss or damage, mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, profanity or pornography encountered on Win a Port Douglas Romantic Getaway campaign website.
14. Any costs associated with accessing the Win a Port Douglas Romantic Getaway campaign website and landing page is the entrant’s responsibility and are dependent on the Internet service provider used.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserve the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to reject any entry by automated process or by unreasonable means of any sort in its sole discretion and thereby reject any associated entry into the competition.
16. There will be one winner chosen by two representatives of the Port Douglas Wedding Professionals Group. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17.The winner will receive: three (3) nights’ accommodation at Bali Hai valued at $1950.00; one (1) nights’ accommodation at Thala Beach Nature Reserve in a Coral Sea Bungalow including breakfast valued at $858.00; dinner for two (2) with two (2) accompanying tasting paddles or one (1) bottle of champagne at Hemingway’s Brewery Port Douglas valued at $100; a Sunset Cruise for two (2) with Sailaway valued at $137.00; a couple’s photoshoot with Port Douglas Weddings valued at $330; 3 hours babysitting with BusyBees Babysitting valued at $100.
18. The total prize value is three thousand, four hundred and seventy-five dollars ($AUD3,475.00) and is based on the recommended retail value of the Prizes as provided by the suppliers and is in Australian Dollars. The Prize is subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and may not be taken as cash or for any other consideration. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize or any portion between the date of publication of these Conditions of Entry and the date the Prize is used by the winner. Prize components may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute with an alternative Prize or component of equal or greater value.
19. The Prize must be taken before 30 June 2020 and Prizes must be used within this timeframe. Prizes are ineligible for use after this timeframe. The Prizes are for the winner plus one person of their choice. Block out dates including, but not limited to, all Australian school holidays and the entire month of October 2019, apply for when the prize may be taken.
20. The Promoter will post the prize vouchers to the winner of the competition, who is then responsible for booking prizes.
21. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason including, but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of any of the Promoters, which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoters reserve the right in their sole discretion to take any action that may be available including cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of the competition.
22. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including but not limited to any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials relating to this competition.
23. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered including, but not limited, to indirect or consequential loss or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of taking or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
24. The information that entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the competition, and of periodically providing entrants with marketing information about the Promoter products and services. By entering this competition entrants consent to the use of their contact details for the purposes described in this
clause. The Promoter will not disclose entrant’s personal information to related entities
or other appropriate third parties.
25. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or
merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner.
26. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.