PedestrianTV – Win a Prize In this Competition (prize valued at $300)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GAME OF SKILL
Promoter Pedestrian Group Pty Limited ACN 112 839 568 of Level 5, 60-64 Reservoir
Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010
Competition Pedestrian $300 Cash Giveaway
Entrants Australian residents aged 18 years and over
Exclusions Employees of Promoter and the suppliers and agencies associated with this
Competition, and the immediate family of all such employees.
Entry Period Starts at 14:00 hours on Wednesday 13th
June 2018 and ends at 23:59
hours on Wednesday 20th
(a) Fill in all the required data fields on the Survey Monkey Survey within the
relevant Pedestrian.tv article;
(c) and answer the nominated question in 25 words or less.
Limit Limited entry to one per person
Judging Criteria Creativity
12:00pm on Thursday 21st
June 2018 at the offices of the Promoter.
Notification By email by 12:00pm, Friday 22nd
Claim Period Within 1 week from the date of Notification
12:00 hours on Monday 2 July 2018 the offices of the Promoter.
The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing via email or SMS
(depending on the method of entry) within one day of the Determination.
Prize $300 cash AUD
Total Prize Value $300 AUD maximum.
1. The promoter of the Competition is the Promoter.
2. By entering this Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
( a ) The prize money of $300.00 AUD will be awarded by bank transfer to the winner’s nominated
bank account on a date to be advised by the Promoter. The prize money will be provided to the
winner following their discussions with the Promoter to arrange this.
( b ) To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Entrant releases the Promoter, The Smith’s Snackfood
Company Pty Ltd (Smith’s), and their partners from any liability, loss (including consequential loss),
damage, claims, costs, expenses, death or personal injury suffered or incurred by the Entrant arising
out of, or in connection with, the Competition or the Prize.
( c ) All times and dates are times and dates in Sydney, which may be AEST or AEDT depending on
3. Entry is open only to the Entrants, excluding the Exclusions.
4. This Competition will be conducted during the Entry Period. Entries must be received by the
Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the Entry Period will not count towards
the Competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
5. To enter this Competition, Entrants must complete the Entry, subject to the Limit.
6. Entry to this Competition via the Website is free. However, any costs associated with accessing
the Website are dependent on the internet service provider used.
7. Entrants must personally and manually submit an Entry using an internet browser. The Promoter
reserves the right to reject an Entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that an Entry has been
created and/or submitted using automated entry means or a computer entry service.
8. To be eligible to win a prize in this Competition, an Entry must not:
(a) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of a third party;
(b) be incomplete or illegible; or
(c) be unlawful, defamatory, abusive, insulting, threatening, obscene, inflammatory, offensive
or otherwise contain content which, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, is inappropriate or
9. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of an Entry and to disqualify an Entrant for
tampering with the entry process or for submitting an Entry that does not, in the Promoter’s sole
discretion, comply with these Terms and Conditions.
10. All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this Promotion, become
the property of Smith’s and each entrant warrants that s/he has the right to transfer these to
Smith’s. Each entry must be the entrant’s original work. By entering this Promotion entrants: (a)
consent to Smith’s making copies of, commercialising or publishing the whole or any part of their
entry and otherwise exploiting the entry and any rights in relation to the entry, to publicise this
Promotion or for any other purposes; and (b) undertake to Smith’s that their entry is not, and its
use by Smith’s will not be, in breach of any third party intellectual property rights. By submitting
an entry, you agree that Smith’s is free to disclose the ideas in your entry on a non-confidential
basis to anyone or otherwise use the entry and the ideas therein without any additional notice or
compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your entry, Smith’s does not waive
any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Smith’s, or developed by its
employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
11. The Promoter and Smith’s accept no responsibility for any breach of contract or any infringement
or other violation of copyright or any other intellectual property rights or proprietary rights through
the acceptance of entries into this Promotion and each entrant takes full responsibility for any
such claims made in relation to their entry.
12. This Competition is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner. All
entries will be judged individually on their merits based on the Judging Criteria.
13. Judging will take place at the Prize Determination. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges
appointed by the Promoter.
14. The Entrant who submits the best Entry (as determined by the judges) will win the Prize(s)
(“Winner”). The judges’ decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence
regarding the result.
15. The Winner will be notified in accordance with the Notification.
16. The Winner must claim the Prize within the Claim Period. The Promoter will not be responsible
for any delay, loss or damage to the Prize once it has left the Promoter’s or supplier’s premises.
17. If the Winner is unable to comply with these Terms and Conditions and/or does not claim the
Prize within the Claim Period, the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to the Entrant
with the next best Entry, as determined by the judges at the Unclaimed Prize Determination.
18. The prize consists of the Prize, valued at the Total Prize Value.
19. The Winner’s use of the Prize is subject to:
(a) the Prize Conditions; and
(b) additional terms and conditions imposed by the supplier(s) of the Prize (if any), with which
the Winner must comply.
20. The Prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The Prize
must be taken as a whole and as stated in these Terms and Conditions. No alternative will be
provided and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Prize as such.
21. The value of the Prizes are the recommended retail price as provided by the supplier (inclusive
of GST) and is correct as at the start of the Competition.
22. If the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the
right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
23. If an Entrant’s contact details change between the date of entry and the Unclaimed Prize
Determination, the Entrant must notify the Promoter of his/her updated contact details.
24. The Promoter is bound by the Privacy Act 1988. Entrants’ personal information will be collected
by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to conduct the Competition, publicise the name of the
Winners and where Entrants have consented to the receipt of such information, send Entrants
marketing, advertising and promotional material.
25. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to Smith’s, as well as to third parties who assist
the Promoter in conducting this Competition, including regulatory authorities, entities which
supply and deliver the Prizes to the Winners, and marketing and communications agencies.
26. The Winners’ names will be published and retained as required by relevant legislation and as
specified in these Terms and Conditions.
27. Entrants can contact the Promoter by mail at Level 5, 60-64 Reservoir Street, Surry Hills NSW
2010 or by email at email@example.com, to request access to, or corrections of, the
Entrant’s personal information held by the Promoter.
28. The Winner consents to the Promoter’s use of the Winner’s name, likeness, image, picture, voice,
statements, testimonials or quotations for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any
media worldwide, without any fee being paid to the Winner.
RISK AND LIABILITY
29. The Winner participates in this Competition, and uses the Prize, at his or her own risk.
30. The Promoter, Smith’s, their related bodies corporate and the suppliers, agencies and other
companies involved in this Competition assume no responsibility for any error, omission,
interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or loss or damage to data.
31. If this Competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason (including as a result of
technical failures, fraud or causes beyond the Promoter’s control), the Promoter may, in its sole
discretion, cancel, suspend or change the Competition and re-commence it on similar terms,
subject to any directions by regulatory authorities.
32. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, Smith’s, their related bodies corporate and
their respective officers, directors, employees and agents exclude liability for all loss (including
loss of data, unauthorised access to data and consequential loss), damage, expenses, death or
personal injury suffered or incurred arising out of, or in connection with, this Competition
(including in relation to the Winner’s participation in this Competition and use of the Prize).
33. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales.