Nine Network -The Block – Win The New Versatile 7-seat Tiguan Allspace
THE BLOCK VOLKWAGEN PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and
Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these
Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or older.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies
associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means
any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child
(whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-
grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-
sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences 7:00pm AEST on 01/10/18 and closes 11:59pm
AEDST on 07/10/18 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To be eligible to enter, individuals must watch any broadcast of “The Block”
on Channel 9 during the Promotional Period to obtain a unique code word.
6. Code words 1-5 will be valid until 6:59pm AEST/AEDST on the next business
day, where a new code word will be released. Code word 6 will be valid until
Sunday 7th September at 6:59pm AEDT and the final final code word will be
valid until Sunday 7th October at 11:59pm AEDT. It is the entrant’s
responsibility to ensure they have the correct valid code word at time of entry.
7. To enter, eligible entrants must then, during the Promotional Period, visit
www.9now.com.au/TheBlock locate the promotional entry form, complete all
requested details including full name, address, contact number, a valid and
current email address, and the code word, and submit the completed form.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries
and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and
Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or
other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of
the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s
discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage
does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to
recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. Entries are limited to one entry per person, per code word.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the
right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. The draw will take place at Nine Digital Level 6, 264 George St, Sydney NSW
2000 on 08/10/18 at 12:00pm AEDST. The Promoter reserves the right to
draw reserve entries record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or
ineligible entrant. The winner will be notified by telephone and email within
two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on
www.9now.com.auTheBlock on 10/10/18.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The first valid entry drawn will win a Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 162TSI
Highline 7 Speed DSG (automatic) feature on The Block 2018 in Blue Silk
Metallic paint with optional Sound & Vision & R-Line packages and panoramic
sunroof. The total prize value is up to $67,578 which includes on-road costs:
12 months registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and
dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by State).
15. The Promoter and Sponsor take no responsibility for petrol, comprehensive
insurance, health, transport, body, paint or mechanical damage, or any other
costs or damages, from date of delivery. The winner will be responsible for
any expenses incurred in getting to and from their nearest authorised
Volkswagen Dealer as determined by the Sponsor to collect the vehicle within
2 months of being notified by the Promoter. In Western Australia (WA),
winners will be responsible for arranging and paying for an immobiliser to be
fitted, as required by WA Road Traffic regulations.
16. Any prize vehicle specification change requested by the winner (at their cost)
is subject to the Sponsor’s discretion and stock availability at the dealership.
17. If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register
the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the car to another
person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose
of registration. The Promoter and Sponsor take no responsibility for any such
arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide
the Sponsor with certified copies of all required documentation as required by
the Sponsor before the car is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the prize
that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be
determined by the Sponsor in its discretion.
18. If for any reason any winner does not take the prize (or an element of the
prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element
of the prize) will be forfeited.
19. Total prize pool value is up to $67,578. Prize, or any unused portion, is not
transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise
20. A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 07/01/19 at the same
time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory
authority. Winners (if any) will be notified by telephone and in writing via email
within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on
www.9now.com.au/TheBlock from 09/01/19.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or
voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or
recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without
remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any
outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or
supplied by the Promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being
conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical
difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right,
in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any
entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s
responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use
of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means
that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will
render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or
purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as
provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other
implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in
the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter and the Sponsor (including their respective officers,
employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any
personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether
direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-
Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and the Sponsor (including their
respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and
exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss
or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or
equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any
theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after
their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter or the Sponsor; (d) any variation in prize value to that
stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner
or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
26. Entrants’ personal information will be collected by the Promoter. Personal
information will be stored on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter may use
this information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including
contacting the entrant electronically. The Promoter is bound by the Australian
Privacy Principles in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and its
https://login.nine.com.au/privacy?client_id=9nowweb. The Promoter’s privacy
policy contains information about how the entrant may access, update and
seek correction of the personal information the Promoter holds about them
and how the entrant may complain about any potential breach by the
Promoter of the Australian Privacy Principles or any other Australian privacy
laws and how such complaints will be dealt with. The Promoter collects
personal information about entrants to enable them to participate in this
Promotion and may disclose the entrants’ personal information to third parties
including its contractors and agents, prize suppliers and service providers to
assist in conducting this Promotion and to the State and Territory lottery
departments as required under the relevant lottery legislation. If the entrant
does not provide their personal information as requested, they may be
ineligible to enter or claim a prize in the Promotion. Personal information
collected from entrants will not be disclosed to any entity located outside of
27. At the time of entry, entrants can also opt-in to receive updates from the
Sponsor. By opting-in, entrants agree that their PI will be collected and
handled by Volkswagen Group Australia and will be subject to their privacy
policy which can be viewed at https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/privacy-
28. The Promoter is Nine Network Australia Pty Limited, ABN 88 008 685 407 of
24 Artarmon Rd, Willoughby, NSW 2068. Entrants can contact the Promoter
in relation to the promotion by mail to this address or by telephone to (02)
29. The Sponsor is Volkswagen Group Australia ABN 14 093 117 876 of 24 Muir
Road, Chullora NSW 2190.
NSW: LTPS/18/26331, ACT:TP18/01382, SA: T18/1263.