Network Ten – The Living Room – Sherlock Gnomes – Win a Family Trip of 4 to Los Angeles valued at up to $50,000
The Living Room Awesome Prize Giveaway 2018 Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into The Living Room Awesome Prize Giveaway 2018(“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, however, employees and the immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”), WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd (Producers of The Living Room) and employees and families of associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Friday 16 February 2018 at 19:30 AEDT and closes on Sunday
11 March 2018 at 23:59 AEDT (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network TEN, www.tenplay.com.au.
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Watch The Living Room from 19:30 local time on Fridays on TEN during the contesting
period and collect the advertised code word;
b. Log on to tenplay.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) the code
word, name, address, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth, to become a TENPlay member.
6. It is free to become a TENPlay member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with the TEN Members rules.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants who have won a Major Prize in any Network Ten competition in the past 12 months are not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
9. Code words will be announced during the broadcast of The Living Room, currently scheduled to air each Friday at 19:30 local time, from Friday 16 February 2018 to Friday 9 March 2018 inclusive. Each code word is valid until the next code word is announced. The last code word, announced on Friday 9 March 2018 will be valid until the competition closes on Sunday 11 March 2018 at 23:59 AEDT.
The Living Room Awesome Prize Giveaway 2018 TCs 130218 Page 1 of 8
10. If for any reason during the Competition Period any The Living Room episodes do not go to air and the promotional code word is not displayed during any The Living Room episode or replacement program, the promotional code word may be made available on the Channel Ten Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/channelten at a time to be determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion.
11. Entries will only be considered valid if the correct code word has been provided for the corresponding broadcast period. Any entry submitted with a code word that has expired, due to a new code word being announced, will be deemed invalid.
12. A limit of one online entry per day per TENPlay member applies.
13. Entries must be received by Sunday 11 March 2018 at 23:59 AEDT to be included in the Prize Draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered into the Prize Draw.
14. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
15. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Ansible Pty Ltd, will not be responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
17. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN, The Living Room or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
18. The Prize Draw will be held on Tuesday 13 March 2018 at 11:00 AEDT at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 1, 16 Anster Street, Adelaide SA 5000.
19. The Major Prize Winner will be contacted by a phone call within two (2) days of the draw and in writing and the Winner’s initial, surname and State will be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au from Monday 2 April 2018. The Winner will also be announced during The Living Room episode scheduled to air at 19:30 local time on Friday 30 March 2018, and may be called during that episode’s filming, on a date yet to be determined.
20. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
The Living Room Awesome Prize Giveaway 2018 TCs 130218 Page 2 of 8
21. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 1, 16 Anster Street, Adelaide,SouthAustralia5000onWednesday13June2018at10:00AEST. Theunclaimed prize Winner will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and Winner’s initial, surname and State will be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au from Thursday 14 June 2018.
22. There will be one (1) Major Prize Winner drawn from all entries received (Online) who will win the following prize package:
AUD Valued at up to
1 x Major Prize
A trip for a family of four (4) (two adults and two children aged 16 or under) to Los Angeles including:
– Return economy flights for the Major Prize Winner and their travelling companions departing from their closest Australian capital city to Los Angeles, USA
– Seven (7) nights minimum 4* accommodation in Los Angeles including breakfast
– Return airport-hotel and event transfers
– A family meal at Au Fudge for two (2) adults and two
– Paramount Studios Tour for two (2) adults and two (2)
– Private screening on the Paramount lot
– Knott’s Berry Farm amusement park tickets for two (2)
adults and two (2) children (Restrictions at
– Travel Insurance
– Spending Money (cash card) (Refer to
https://www.visa.com.au/ for terms and conditions) Furniture and homewares from Early Settler
TOTAL PRIZE VALUED AT UP TO – AUD
23. The total Prize Pool is valued at up to $50,000.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
24. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes are not included. These are the responsibility of the Winner.
25. At least one (1) of the two (2) adults travelling must be aged 21 years and older.
26. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companions must be aged 10 years and older to participate in the Paramount Studios Tour portion of the prize.
27. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companions are responsible for all other expenses including spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure
The Living Room Awesome Prize Giveaway 2018 TCs 130218 Page 3 of 8
and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs.
28. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize the winner is not entitled to, is not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
29. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the Winner.
30. Winners who do not travel within 12 months of notification will forfeit their prize. The Major Prize travel must be taken between Thursday 2 August 2018 and Saturday 15 December 2018, and Tuesday 15 January 2019 and Wednesday 13 March 2019, is subject to availability, and is based on four (4) people (two (2) adults and two (2) children aged 16 and under) sharing a room. Specified accommodation, restaurants and tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered dependent on availability.
31. The Early Settler portion of the prize can be redeemed at the Winner’s local Early Settler store. Details of store locations can be viewed at http://www.earlysettler.com.au/store-locations/. The Early Settler prize also includes one (1) delivery to one (1) metropolitan location valued at $100.00. Any delivery charges over $100.00, will be the responsibility of the winner. If the Winner is located in the Northern Territory or Tasmania, the prize, to the value of $25,000.00 including delivery, can be redeemed on the Early Settler website. All purchases must happen on or before Sunday 30 September 2018.
32. All purchases are subject to Early Settlers regular Terms and Conditions of Sale, which can be found at http://www.earlysettler.com.au/terms-conditions. Refunds and credits will not be offered for returned products, however swapping products will be allowed, subject to the before mentioned Terms and Conditions of Sale.
33. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to Early Settler, including but not limited to, being photographed shopping in-store, before and after photographs, being interviewed and photographed throughout the purchase on or before Sunday 30 September 2018.
34. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
35. The Promoter and it’s officers, employees and agents are neither responsible nor liable for any prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit during their delivery to the prize winner.
36. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
The Living Room Awesome Prize Giveaway 2018 TCs 130218 Page 4 of 8
37. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
38. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
39. Personal information about the prize Winner will be shared with the prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winner.
40. If the Major Prize Winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid entry requirements, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Winner will have no further claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
41. Dates of travel within holiday periods are subject to availability. Blackout dates will apply unless specifically pre-arranged prior to the competition being run. Blackout dates include but are not limited to Christmas, Easter, school, summer holidays, and local and American national holidays.
42. Dates of travel are between Thursday 2 August and Saturday 15 December 2018, and Tuesday 15 January and Wednesday 13 March 2019, excluding local and American national holidays. These dates cannot be amended or extended. If the Winner does not travel within the specified travel dates the travel prize will become null and void and the winner will no longer be entitled to their grand prize. The Major Prize Winner must advise The Promoter of their intended dates of travel at least six (6) weeks prior to their intended departure date.
43. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those travelling are not changeable without the express consent of Paramount which Paramount may grant or withhold at its sole discretion. Except for the three guests permitted as part of your prize, you are not allowed to bring any additional family members or guests on the prize trip. Your guests may not be selected through any further contest, promotion or commercial event. You and your guests must travel on the same itinerary. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fees incurred as a result of any changes made and these costs will be borne by the Winner and their companions.
44. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to flight departure. It is the Winner’s responsibility to organise transfers and cover associated costs to and from the Winner and their travelling companion’s residence and nearest capital city. Flights may be in-direct and are at the discretion of the Promoter.
45. The Major Prize Winner, or their travelling companions, may be required to provide a credit card in order to check-in at the hotel for a security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges.
46. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The Promoter has the right to determine the airline carrier at its discretion. In the event that a Winner requests a specific carrier, not offered by the Promoter, any subsequent or additional fees and taxes, if applicable will be the responsibility of the Winner. The flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. The Promoter
The Living Room Awesome Prize Giveaway 2018 TCs 130218 Page 5 of 8
is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel Prize and any costs incurred by the Winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the Winner.
47. Network TEN and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the Prize(s) make no representation as to the safety conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, www.dfat.gov.au.
48. With effect from Friday 1 April 2016, all passengers travelling to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program must hold a passport with an integrated chip. All passengers must possess a valid ESTA issued via the US Visa Waiver Program: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov. See here for list of countries under the Visa Waiver Program http://www.immihelp.com/visa-waiver-program/.
49. Only travellers who are eligible to enter the USA are able to partake in this major travel prize. If the Winner is, for whatever reason, ineligible to enter the USA they forfeit the major travel prize.
50. It is the travellers’ personal responsibility to ensure they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any necessary visas, vaccinations, passports and any associated costs are the responsibility of the Winner and their travelling companions. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s.
51. The Winner, and their travelling companions, must be in possession of a valid 5 or 10 year passport, and must have a minimum of 90 days validity remaining on the passport for the duration of the prize holiday.
52. All components of the Major Prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split across different time periods. All elements of the package are subject to availability at the time of booking.
53. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
54. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
55. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to reallocate the Major Prize to a valid Winner.
56. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
The Living Room Awesome Prize Giveaway 2018 TCs 130218 Page 6 of 8
57. WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd may wish to film the participants receiving their prize or participating in the Winner announcement. The Winner gives permission for the filmed vision to be used by WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd on-air during the broadcast of The Living Room on Network TEN, online and through unlimited social media platforms and any repeat episodes without any remuneration to be paid to them. The Winner/s may need to make themselves available for filming at a date nominated by WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd, with details to be determined in conjunction with WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd.
58. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to government legislation.
59. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances and the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a Winner, the Winner will be notified in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner signs any such legal documentation.
60. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition and: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
61. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government legislation.
62. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent unless otherwise specified in these Terms and Conditions.
The Living Room Awesome Prize Giveaway 2018 TCs 130218 Page 7 of 8
The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd, Ansible Pty Ltd and MultiChannel Network Pty Ltd. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ initial, surname and State published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the Winner’s first name’s initial, surname and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
Permit Approvals: ACT: TP 18/00246, NSW: LTPS/18/21812, SA: T18/195.
The Living Room Awesome Prize Giveaway 2018 TCs 130218