Network Ten – MasterChef – Win a travel package and experience for 4 in Barossa Valley, Adelaide
Jacob’s Creek Barossa Signature Promotion | MasterChef Competition Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Jacob’s Creek Barossa Signature Promotion | MasterChef Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over. However, employees and the immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Monday 29 April 2019 at 10:00 AEST and closes on Saturday
31 August 2019 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network 10, www.tenplay.com.au
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Log on to either tenplay.com.au/win and register their details including (but not limited
to) name, address, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth, to become a 10 Play member or tendaily.com.au/win and provide their details including (but not limited to) the code word, name, address, phone number, email address, gender, date of birth and opt in to 10 Daily to receive further communications via email.
6. Bonus Entry: At the time of Entry participants can receive one (1) bonus Entry into the Competition by selecting the opt-in tick box and opting into receiving further information from Jacob’s Creek and other Pernod Ricard brands.
7. It is free to become a 10 Play member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with the 10 Members rules.
8. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
9. A limit of one (1) online entry per day per 10 Play member applies, and a limit of one Bonus Entry per Member applies. A limit of one entry per day per person also applies for 10 Daily entries.
10. Entrants who have won a prize in any Network 10 competition in the past 12 months are not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
Jacob’s Creek MasterChef Campaign TCs 26042019 (permits) Page 1 of 7
11. Entries must be received by Saturday 31 August, 2019 at 23:59 AEST to be included in the Prize Draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered into the Prize Draw.
12. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
13. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Ansible Pty Ltd, will not be responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
15. In consideration of the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network 10 or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
16. The Prize Draw will be held on Monday 2 September 2019 at 12:00 AEST at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 3, 100 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
17. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by a phone call within two (2) days of the draw and in writing and the Winner’s details will be published on the 10 Play website at tenplay.com.au from Wednesday 4 September 2019.
18. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
19. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 3, 100 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010 on Monday 16 December 2019 at 10:00 AEDT. The unclaimed prize Winner will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and Winner’s details will be published on the 10 Play website at tenplay.com.au from Tuesday 17 December 2019.
Jacob’s Creek MasterChef Campaign TCs 26042019 (permits) Page 2 of 7
20. There will be One (1) Winner drawn from all entries received (Online) who will win the following prize package:
AUD Valued at up to
One (1) x Major Prize
• Return economy flights for the Major Prize Winner and three (3) travelling companions to Adelaide, South Australia from their nearest Australian capital city.
• One (1) night’s accommodation in Adelaide City (twin share, two rooms) for the Winner and their travelling companion
• Transportation in Adelaide and Barossa Valley, South Australia
• Lunch at Adelaide City
• Dinner at Adelaide City
• Two (2) night’s accommodation at Jacob’s Estate Cottage
(twin-share, two rooms)
• Jacob’s Creek Food & Wine Masterclass including 4-course
• Private dinner provided by Jacob’s Creek Chef including
• Jacob’s Creek cooking class
$400.00 $100.00 $200.00
$1,140.00 $480.00 $2,000.00 $1,100.000
TOTAL PRIZE VALUED AT UP TO – AUD
21. The total Prize Pool is valued at $8,320.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
22. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the responsibility of the Winner.
23. All of the Major Prize Winner’s travelling companions must also be 18 years or older.
24. The pre-paid credit cards detailed in Clause 20 must be activated and used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the credit card provider. Value of the card can be used at the user discretion but the intent is for the purpose of meals whilst in Adelaide.
25. For the Jacob’s Creek Food and Wine Masterclass and the Jacob’s Creek Cooking Class, dietary requirements can be accommodated if detailed in an email to the Sponsor’s contact no later than four (4) weeks prior to the date of experiencing the prize.
26. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companions are responsible for all other expenses including spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is not included (unless specified in the prize inclusions) but is highly recommended.
Jacob’s Creek MasterChef Campaign TCs 26042019 (permits) Page 3 of 7
27. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
28. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the Winner.
29. The Major Prize travel must be completed by Sundayday 1 March 2020, is subject to availability, and is based on four (4) people sharing a twin/double room. Specified accommodation, restaurants and tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered dependent on availability.
30. Transportation in Adelaide and Barossa Valley, South Australia will be awarded to the Winner in the form of a travel voucher by either EFT or a Visa Gift Card will be provided in lieu. The Promoter will not be responsible for the Winner not receiving prize funds as a result of incorrect bank account number details or other details affecting the transfer.
31. Lunch and Dinner prizes at Adelaide City will be awarded to the Winner as a Pre-paid credit card. The Winner will be responsible for any charges that exceed the $100.00 prize value for Lunch and $200.00 prize value for Dinner.
32. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
33. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the delivery of the prize.
34. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
35. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
36. The Promoter supports the responsible consumption of alcohol and guidelines can be found at http://www.alcohol.gov.au/internet/alcohol/publishing.nsf/Content/guidelines.
37. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
38. Personal information about all prize Winners will be shared with the prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winners.
Jacob’s Creek MasterChef Campaign TCs 26042019 (permits) Page 4 of 7
39. If the Major Prize Winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid entry requirements, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Winner will have no further claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
40. Dates of travel within holiday periods are subject to availability. Blackout dates will apply unless specifically pre-arranged prior to the competition being run. Blackout dates include Christmas, Easter, Chinese New Year, school holiday periods and public holidays.
Travel is valid for six (6) months from the initial draw date. Winners who do not travel within six (6) months will become null and void and will no longer be entitled to their grand prize. The Major Prize Winner must advise The Promoter of their intended dates of travel by a minimum of six weeks prior to the depart date.
41. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those travelling are not changeable without incurring extra fees. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fees incurred as a result of any changes made and these costs will be borne by the Winner and their companion/s.
42. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure. It is the Winner’s responsibility to organise transfers and cover associated costs to and from the Winner and their travelling companion’s residence and nearest capital city.
43. The Major Prize Winner, or their travelling companions, may be required to provide a credit card in order to check-in at the hotel for a security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges.
44. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The Promoter has the right to determine the airline carrier at its discretion. In the event that a Winner requests a specific carrier, not offered by the Promoter, any subsequent or additional fees and taxes, if applicable will be the responsibility of the Winner. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel Prize and any costs incurred by the Winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the Winner.
45. Network 10 and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the Prize(s) make no representation as to the safety conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
46. All components of the Major Prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split across different time periods. All elements of the package are subject to availability at the time of booking.
47. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
48. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
Jacob’s Creek MasterChef Campaign TCs 26042019 (permits) Page 5 of 7
49. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to reallocate the Major Prize to a valid Winner.
50. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
51. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to government legislation.
52. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances, the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a Winner, the Winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner signs any such legal documentation.
53. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
54. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government legislation.
Jacob’s Creek MasterChef Campaign TCs 26042019 (permits) Page 6 of 7
55. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
56. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
58. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Ansible Pty Ltd Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the Winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
60. The Promoter is Network 10 Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
61. Permit Approvals: ACT: TP 19/03159, NSW: LTPS/19/33846, SA: T19/599
Jacob’s Creek MasterChef Campaign TCs 26042019 (permits) Page 7 of 7