Network Ten – Changing Rooms – Ten Play – Changing Rooms – Win a Bathroom Makeover valued at $20,000
Highgrove Bathrooms 20000 Dream Bathroom Makeover Competition TCs FINAL Page 1 of 7
Highgrove Bathrooms $20,000 Dream Bathroom Renovation Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Highgrove
Bathrooms $20,000 Dream Bathroom Renovation Competition (“Competition”) is deemed
acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia 18 years or older. However, employees and the
immediate families of Network 10 Pty Limited (the “Promoter”), Highgrove Bathrooms Pty Ltd
(Highgrove Bathrooms) and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or
individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be
residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. Entrants must be the homeowner of the property that the bathroom is located and have the
authority to undertake the bathroom renovation. The bathroom renovation must be
completed within six (6) months of the judging date.
4. The competition commences on Wednesday 13 February 2019 at 09:00 AEDT and closes on
Sunday 24 March 2019 at 23:59 AEDT (“Competition Period”).
5. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network 10, www.tenplay.com.au.
How to Enter
6. To participate in the Competition entrants must
a. Log on to tenplay.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) name,
address, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth, to become a 10 play
b. Answer the question on the competition page in 25 words or less.
c. Opt in to receive communication from Highgrove Bathrooms Pty Ltd.
7. It is free to become a 10 play member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website
is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in
conjunction with the 10 Members rules.
8. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
9. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be
individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question
provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and
binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. A limit of one online entry per day per 10 play member applies.
Highgrove Bathrooms 20000 Dream Bathroom Makeover Competition TCs FINAL Page 2 of 7
11. Entrants who have won a Major Prize in any Network 10 competition in the past 12 months are
not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
12. Entries must be received by Sunday 24 March 2019 at 23:59 AEDT to be included in the Prize
judging. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered
into the Prize judging.
13. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s
database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due
to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
14. The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose
at its absolute discretion, including promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any
further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The Promoter is entitled
to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
15. The Entrant warrants to the Promoter the entry submitted is an original literary work of the
Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the
information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the
Entrant warrants they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for
the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all
claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
16. Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem
inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
17. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using
their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to
control any and all access to their device. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss,
damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use
another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
18. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
19. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits
the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s
participation in the prize, either prior to or after the renovation, to appear in connection with
Network 10, Highgrove Bathrooms or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media
whatsoever through the world and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
20. Winners will be judged from all entries received throughout the competition period and One (1)
Major Prize Winner will be selected by a judging panel at Network 10 at 1 Saunders Street,
Pyrmont NSW 2009 on Monday 1 April 2019 from 10:00 AEDT. The Winner will be the Entrant
who, in the sole opinion of the judges, has submitted the most creative and original 25 words or
less answer to the question on the competition page. The Prize Winner will be notified by
Highgrove Bathrooms 20000 Dream Bathroom Makeover Competition TCs FINAL Page 3 of 7
phone call within two (2) days of judging and in writing and the Winner’s details will be
published on the 10 play website at tenplay.com.au from Wednesday 3 April 2019 subject to
21. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
22. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize remains unclaimed by
the Winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by Wednesday 1 May 2019 at 10:00
AEST, the Prize/s will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best
meets the judging criteria excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize. This
Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at Network 10 at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont,
NSW 2009 at Wednesday 1 May 2019 at 11:00 AEST. The Winner of the Unclaimed Prize
Determination will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize
Determination and will be published on the 10 play website at tenplay.com.au from Friday 3
23. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner judged from all entries received (Online) who will win
the following prize package:
Number Prize Details AUD Value
One (1) x
Bathroom renovation including tiles, products including
tiles, vanities, basins, baths, tapware, showers and toilets
plus delivery and professional installation services such as
plumbing and electrical up to the value of RRP$20,000.00
Please refer to clause 31 for full terms and conditions of
TOTAL PRIZE VALUED UP TO – AUD $20,000.00
24. The total Prize Pool is valued up to AUD $20,000.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the
responsibility of the Winner. Please refer to clause 31 for further information.
26. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be
taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not
entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in
conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize Winners are advised that
tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial
advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
27. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs
associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the Winner.
28. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
Highgrove Bathrooms 20000 Dream Bathroom Makeover Competition TCs FINAL Page 4 of 7
29. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the
delivery of the prize.
30. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding
the Competition result.
31. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of
use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements, including, but not limited to;
a. The entrant must own their own home, nominated to be renovated, and have the
necessary permission/authority to undertake any renovation project.
b. If the Winner lives in a location within a metropolitan area where a Highgrove
Bathroom showroom is accessible, they will be responsible for visiting the
showroom for selection of products and design selection. Highgrove Bathrooms will
provide the necessary tradespeople and product up to the value of $20,000.00. In
the event that the Winner lives in a remote location not serviced by a Highgrove
Bathroom showroom, they will still receive design consultation from Highgrove
Bathrooms, however, products will need to be ordered online and shipping costs will
form part of the prize. It will be the responsibility of the Winner to organise their
own tradespeople and Highgrove Bathrooms will pay the invoices, along with the
selected products up to the $20,000.00 prize value.
c. In the event a Winner’s selected Highgrove Bathroom product or additional
tradespeople work exceeds $20,000.00, this is at the responsibility of the Winner
and the additional payment must be made in full by the Winner.
d. A Highgrove Bathroom representative will conduct a site assessment to assess the
site and assess for any structural issues. If it is deemed that there are structural
issues, this will be the responsibility of the Winner to fix prior to the renovation. All
costs associated with this, not limited to council approvals, tradespeople, tools and
materials, are at the expense of the Winner.
e. Highgrove Bathrooms will manage the project management aspect of the
renovation, in conjunction with the bathroom owner.
f. The Winner is responsible for any additional expenses and approvals relating to, not
limited to but including any council, plumbing, electrical, body corporate. It is the
Winner’s sole responsibility to ensure the bathroom renovation is completed
according to these regulations and requirements.
g. Entrants can find a list of all available Highgrove Bathrooms online at
www.highgrovebathrooms.com.au or they can visit any Highgrove Bathrooms
showroom, with details of these locations found on this website.
h. The Winner will be advised that portions of their renovation (and their image and
property location) may be recorded and used in further promotional marketing and
the Winner will not receive any compensation for this.
i. It is the Winner’s responsibility to ensure that tradespeople/delivery drivers have
clear access to the property to complete the renovation.
32. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take an element of the prize at
the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the
Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
33. Personal information about all prize Winners will be shared with the prize provider, and their
agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winners.
Highgrove Bathrooms 20000 Dream Bathroom Makeover Competition TCs FINAL Page 5 of 7
34. If the Major Prize Winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction, cannot provide
proof of nominated home ownership and other valid entry requirements of notification of
winning, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Winner will have no further claim. A
re-judging will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
35. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s
contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify
the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be
directed to the Promoter.
36. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a
form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
37. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions
to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a re-judging will take place
to reallocate the Major Prize to a valid Winner.
38. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all
reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being
interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the
39. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter
reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry
process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
Competition, subject to government legislation.
40. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances, the validity of your
entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be
determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a
Winner, the Winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that
the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of
their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the
Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner signs any such legal
41. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s
control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by
Highgrove Bathrooms 20000 Dream Bathroom Makeover Competition TCs FINAL Page 6 of 7
the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any
variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability
incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
42. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government
43. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information
about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information
will be made without prior consent.
44. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including
but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained
in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The
Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the
phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this
Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the
course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or
satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
45. With your express consent to do so, Highgrove Bathrooms will handle entrant’s personal
information (e.g. first name, last name, address, suburb, state, postcode, phone number, email
updated from time to time and it will be the entrant’s responsibility to keep up to date with any
Highgrove Bathrooms by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
46. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and
notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a
third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Ansible Pty Ltd.
Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and
Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of
public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the Winner’s surname,
initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to
the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
47. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to Network 10 Pty
access personal information that is held by Network 10 Pty Limited about you and seek
correction of such information. See www.tenplay.com.au/privacypolicy to view Network 10 Pty
you may complain about a breach of the APPs, or a registered code that is binding on our
Highgrove Bathrooms 20000 Dream Bathroom Makeover Competition TCs FINAL Page 7 of 7
organisation and how Network 10 Pty Limited will deal with such complaints. We may disclose
your personal information to related entities and third party service providers outside Australia.
48. The Promoter is Network 10 Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont