Network 10 – The Living Room – Paint Your Home with Taubmans – Win a prize package valued at up to $41,000
Paint Your Home with Taubmans Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Paint Your Home with Taubmans Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and older. However, employees and the immediate families of Network 10 Pty Limited (the “Promoter”), WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd, PPG Industries Australia Pty Ltd (the Prize Supplier) and employees and families of associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. Entrants must be the registered home owner and the subject home (where the painting will be redeemed) must be the entrant’s principal place of residence at the time of the competition prize redemption.
4. The competition commences on Friday 29 March 2019 at 19:30 AEDT and closes on Sunday 14
April 2019 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”).
5. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network 10, www.tenplay.com.au
How to Enter
6. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Watch The Living Room from 19:30 AEDT/AEST on Channel 10 during the competition
period for a code word.
b. Log on to either tenplay.com.au/win and register their details including (but not limited
to) the code word, name, address, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth, to become a 10 play member or 10daily.com.au/win and provide their details including (but not limited to) the code word, name, address, phone number, email address, gender, date of birth and opt in to 10 Daily to receive further communications via email
7. It is free to become a 10 Play member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with the 10 Members rules.
8. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Entrants who have won a Major Prize in any Network 10 competition in the past 12 months are not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
The Living Room Paint Your Home With Taubmans Competition TCs 070319 Final Page 1 of 7
10. Code words will be announced during the broadcast of The Living Room, currently scheduled to air each Friday at 19:30 local time on Channel 10, from Friday 29 March 2019 to Friday 12 April 2019. Each code word is valid until the next code word is announced. The last code word, announced on Friday 12 April 2019, will be valid until the competition closes on Sunday 14 April 2019 at 23:59 AEST.
11. If for any reason during the Competition Period any The Living Room episodes do not go to air and the promotional code word is not displayed during any The Living Room episode or replacement program, the promotional code word may be made available on the Channel 10 Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/channelten at a time to be determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion.
12. Entries will only be considered valid if the correct code word has been provided for the corresponding broadcast period. Any entry submitted with a code word that has expired, due to a new code word being announced, will be deemed invalid.
13. A limit of one online entry per day per 10 Play member applies. One 10 Play membership per person applies. A limit of one entry per day per person also applies for 10 Daily entries.
14. Entries must be received by Sunday 14 April 2019 at 23:59 AEST to be included in the Prize Draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered into the Prize Draw.
15. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
16. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Ansible Pty Ltd, will not be responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network 10 or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world in perpetuity and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
19. The Prize Draw will be held on Monday 15 April 2019 at 10:00 AEST at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 3, 100 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
The Living Room Paint Your Home With Taubmans Competition TCs 070319 Final Page 2 of 7
20. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by a phone call within two (2) days of the draw and in writing and the Winner’s initial, surname and State will be published on the 10 Play website at tenplay.com.au from Tuesday 16 April 2019.
21. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
22. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 3, 100 Chalmers Street,SurryHillsNSW2010onMonday16July2019at10:00AEST. Theunclaimedprize Winner will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and Winner’s initial, surname and State will be published on the 10 Play website at tenplay.com.au from Tuesday 17 July 2019.
23. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner drawn from all entries received (Online) who will win the following prize package:
AUD Valued at up to
One (1) x Major Prize
Taubmans, Johnstone’s or White Knight Paint (house interior and exterior)
Paint a (maximum) 2 storey/3 bedroom/2-bathroom detached home, interior and exterior OR apartment/townhouse interior only
Trade painters and painting tools such as paint brushes, and drop cloths
Scaffolding (including hire, erecting, dismantling, stair access, transport to and from site. Excludes mesh or shade cloth)
Consultation from Taubmans Colour Expert for up to 4 hours only
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE – AUD
24. The total Prize Pool is valued at up to $41,000.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. The winner will be provided with the services of a Taubmans Colour Expert (for a maximum of 4 hours) via face-to-face, telephone, email and/or Skype.
26. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the responsibility of the Winner.
27. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize. Prize has to be redeemed in 2019.
28. In accepting the prize, the Winner accepts all the following conditions of the prize:
The Living Room Paint Your Home With Taubmans Competition TCs 070319 Final Page 3 of 7
a) The prize is to paint a (maximum) 2 storey/3 bedroom/2-bathroom detached home, interior and exterior OR apartment/townhouse interior only.
b) For an apartment owner, painting is for interior walls only and subject to strata/body corporate approval to be arranged by the Winner. All expenses for this are the responsibility of the owner.
c) For heritage listed houses, council approval is mandatory. Proof of Council approval will need to be produced prior to painting commencing OR confirmation in writing from council that permission is granted for painting without an approval process. All approvals and costs incurred for this are at the expense of the Winner.
d) Painting of all standalone out buildings such as separate garages, sheds etc are excluded from the prize. It is the responsibility and at the expense of the Winner should they wish to paint these including but not limited to scaffolding, trade service and paint.
e) Any partly constructed homes, homes deemed unable to be safely accessed or homes where scaffolding is unable to be erected safely, or waterfront homes that can only be accessed via an inclination or lift are excluded from this prize.
f) In the event that the Winner resides outside their nearest capital cities metropolitan area that is outside reasonable access to the Capital City, the prize supplier will provide the paint (delivered or can be arranged through the Winner’s nearest Taubmans outlet). In these circumstances, the Winner will be responsible for organising labour/materials/scaffolding, with the prize supplier to cover all invoices up to the total prize value, less paint costs. Whether the Winner resides in an area that is outside reasonable access to a Capital City will be determined at the sole discretion of the prize supplier and no correspondence will be entered into.
g) Work to be carried out, including material, labour and supplied paint is not to exceed $41,000.00 based off the breakdown shown in point 23. Any additional work/trades/paint outside of this is at the expense of the Winner. Paint will be supplied by Taubmans only.
29. It is at the sole discretion of an appointed trade representative of the prize supplier, to determine that the subject home meets appropriate safety and access requirements, to enable fulfilment of the prize. This includes, but is not limited to, safe access to the home and the safe erection of scaffolding around the home. In the event the appointed trade representative determines that safety standards cannot be met, the prize supplier will present the Winner with alternate prize options to the total prize value stipulated.
30. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the Winner.
31. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
32. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any goods damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the delivery of the prize.
33. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
34. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
The Living Room Paint Your Home With Taubmans Competition TCs 070319 Final Page 4 of 7
35. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
36. Personal information about all prize Winners will be shared with WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd (Producers of The Living Room), the prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winners.
37. If the Major Prize Winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction, property ownership and other valid entry requirements, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Winner will have no further claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
38. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
39. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
40. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to reallocate the Major Prize to a valid Winner.
41. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
42. WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd (Producers of The Living Room) and PPG Industries Australia Pty Ltd (Prize Supplier) may wish to film the participants receiving their prize or participating in the Winner announcement. The entrant gives permission for the filmed vision to be used by WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd and PPG Industries Australia Pty Ltd on-air during the broadcast of The Living Room on Network 10, online and through unlimited social media platforms by both parties and any repeat episodes. The Winner may need to make themselves available for filming at a date nominated by WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd, with details to be determined in conjunction with WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd.
43. The winner permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with WTFN or the advertising or marketing thereof, in all media whatsoever throughout the world in perpetuity and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
44. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry
The Living Room Paint Your Home With Taubmans Competition TCs 070319 Final Page 5 of 7
process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to government legislation.
45. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances and the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a Winner, the Winner will be notified in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner signs any such legal documentation.
46. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
47. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government legislation.
48. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
49. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
50. With your express consent to do so, PPG Industries Australia Pty Ltd will handle entrant’s personal information (e.g. first name, last name, address, suburb, state, postcode, phone
The Living Room Paint Your Home With Taubmans Competition TCs 070319 Final Page 6 of 7
51. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Ansible Pty Ltd and WTFN Entertainment. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ initial, surname and State published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the Winner’s initial, surname and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
53. The Promoter is Network 10 Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
54. Permit Approvals: ACT: TP 19/XXXXXXX, NSW: LTPS/19/XXXXXXXX, SA: T19/XXXXXXX.
The Living Room Paint Your Home With Taubmans Competition TCs 070319 Final Page 7 of 7