Network 10 – Bachelor in Paradise – Watch & Win $10,000 Cash prize
Bachelor in Paradise |Cash in Paradise Watch & Win
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Cash in Paradise Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and older. However, employees and the immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Tuesday 16 February 2019 at 19:30 AEST and closes on Sunday
5 May 2019 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network 10, www.tenplay.com.au
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Log on to tenplay.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) name,
address, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth to become a member,
b. Enter online at 10daily.com.au/win, provide their details including, but not limited to
name, address phone number, email address, gender and date of birth AND opt in to receive further communication from 10 Daily via email; and
“Tell us their favourite moment (Favourite Moment) from the most recent Bachelor in Paradise Australia 2019-episode broadcast on Network 10 from 7.30 Tuesday to Thursday and why they like it?”
Note: The Favourite Moment must relate to the previous / most recent episode broadcast on Network 10. For the avoidance of doubt, the answer must relate to most recent episode broadcast on Network 10 and will be valid until the next episode is broadcast. For the final episode broadcast each week, the Favourite Moment must relate to the final episode broadcast that week until the next episode is broadcast the following week or until the end of the contesting period. Episodes may also be found on 10 Play after they have been broadcast on Network 10.
For Bachelor in Paradise broadcast times, go to https://tenplay.com.au/tv-guide.
6. It is free to become a 10 Play member or opt in to 10 Daily, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with the 10 Members rules.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. All entries must be free from copyright and must be the entrant’s own and original work. The Promoter is not held liable should the entrant engage in such activities.
8. Entrants who have won a Major Prize in any Network 10 competition in the past 12 months are not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
9. A limit of one online entry per day per 10 Play and 10 Daily member applies. To be eligible to enter online, participants will be required to be a registered member of “tenplay.com.au” promotion website. Fraudulent memberships/entries will be deemed invalid. Viewers may register to become a member of 10 Play or 10 Daily via the website at www.tenplay.com.au or tendaily.com.au.
10. To complete a valid entry at tendaily.com.au, participants must opt-in to the 10 daily Newsletter using the online mechanism provided on the promotional website (where applicable).
11. Entries must be received by Sunday 5 May 2019 at 23:59 AEST to be included in the Prize Judging. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered into the Prize Judging.
12. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
13. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to control any and all access to their device. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
14. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Cash in Paradise Terms and Conditions Final Page 2 of 6
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
17. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network 10 or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
18. The Prize Judging will commence from Monday 6 May 2019 at 10:00 AEST at Network 10, 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont, Sydney NSW 2009. The most creative, unique answer, as judged by The Promoter at their absolute discretion will be deemed the winner. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by a phone call within two (2) days of the draw and in writing and the Winner’s details will be published on the 10 play website at tenplay.com.au and 10 daily website at tendaily.com.au from Wednesday 8 May 2019 subject to winner validation.
20. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
21. If required, an unclaimed prize judging will take place at Network 10, 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont, Sydney NSW 2009 on Monday 3 June 2019 after 10:00 AEST. The unclaimed prize Winner will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and Winner’s details will be published on the 10 play website at tenplay.com.au from Tuesday 4 June 2019.
22. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner drawn from all entries received (Online) who will win the following prize package:
23. The total Prize Pool is valued at up to $10,000.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
24. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the responsibility of the Winner.
25. All prizes are non-transferrable. Prizes must be taken as offered. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
AUD Valued at up to
One (1) x Major Prize
• $10,000.00 Cash (transferred to winner via EFT)
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE AT UP TO – AUD
Cash in Paradise Terms and Conditions Final Page 3 of 6
26. Prize monies will be transferred into the bank account nominated by the Winner. The Promoter will not be responsible for the Winner not receiving prize funds as a result of incorrect bank account number details or other details affecting the transfer.
27. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the Winner.
28. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
29. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the delivery of the prize.
30. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
31. Personal information about all prize Winners will be shared with the prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winners.
32. If the Major Prize Winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid entry requirements, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Winner will have no further claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
33. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
34. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
35. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to reallocate the Major Prize to a valid Winner.
36. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
37. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to government legislation.
Cash in Paradise Terms and Conditions Final Page 4 of 6
38. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances and the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a Winner, the Winner will be notified in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner signs any such legal documentation.
39. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
40. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government legislation.
41. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion, but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
42. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
43. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Ansible Pty Ltd. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and
Cash in Paradise Terms and Conditions Final Page 5 of 6
Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the Winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur, you cannot participate in the promotion.
45. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
Cash in Paradise Terms and Conditions Final Page 6 of 6