National Geographic – Win 1 of 50 double passes to see the Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year Exhibition
tional Geographic “Win Tickets To See The Australian Geographic Nature Photographer Of The Year Exhibition!”
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ENTRY INTO THE COMPETITION1. Entry into the National Geographic ”Win Tickets To See The Australian Geographic Nature Photographer Of The Year Exhibition!” competition (the “Competition”) is open to residents of Sydney, NSW (Including surrounding suburbs). The Promoter is NGC Network (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN: 67 077 753 603) of Level 3, 4-16 Yurong St, East Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia (the “Promoter”). Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. It is a condition of entry that all entrants under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian’s express permission to enter this Competition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The officers, management and employees (or immediate family of an officer, manager or employee) of the Promoter, the agencies associated with this Competition, FOXTEL, Telstra, Optus and Fetch, and their related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter.
3. Competition begins at 9:00am (AEST) on Friday 9 September 2017 and closes at 9:00am (AEST) on Friday 6 October 2017 (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter the Competition and be eligible to win, entrants must:
a. Log onto http://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/win
b. Complete the online entry form; and
c. In 25 words or less answer the following question “Tell us in 25 words or less, where in the world would you choose to photograph nature and why?” (the “Competition Question”)
5. All entries must include all mandatory information as indicated on the form, which may include but is not limited to the entrant’s name, address, postcode, daytime phone number (including area code), mobile phone number (if applicable), email address and date of birth. All entries must be original and must not incorporate material which has been previously published. Incomplete entries or those which, in the opinion of the Promoter, (i) infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (ii) contain any objectionable content or profanity, or (iii) are potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory will be ineligible to win the Prize. It is each entrant’s responsibility to inform the Promoter if his/her residential address, email address or phone number changes during the Competition Period.
6. Only one entry per person is permitted for this Competition. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant automatically to enter repeatedly is prohibited (“Repeat Entry Device”). If the Promoter reasonably believes that an entrant is using any Repeat Entry Device, the Promoter may disqualify that entrant without notice.
7. There are 50 prizes (“Prize/s”) in total. Each Prize consists of:
a) 2 x tickets to the Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year Exhibition at the Australian Museum.
8. The total maximum Prize pool value is $2,000.00 (including GST) (50 prizes valued at $40 each). The Prize values are the recommended retail values as provided by the suppliers and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the value of the Prize occurring between publishing date and date the Prize is claimed. All Prize values are in Australian dollars.
9. The Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. The Prizes or any element of the Prizes cannot be exchanged for any other Prizes. The contents of the Prizes will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Prizes are subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the Prizes. If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by the winner or any other party if the Prize is unavailable for any reason.
10 The Promoter takes no responsibility for any Prizes that are damaged, delayed or lost in transit. It is a condition of accepting the Prizes that each Prize winner must comply with any conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
11. Only one Prize per person, per household will be awarded.
12. The Promoter makes no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any Prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any Prize, or the failure of any Prize to be of merchantable quality.
13. The Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from them winning the Prize and they should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting the Prize.
14. If a Prize winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize by the stipulated date, then the Prize will be forfeited and a substitute prize will not be offered in lieu of the Prize.
JUDGING AND AWARD OF PRIZE
15. The Competition will be judged by the Promoter at NGC Network (Australia) Pty Ltd , Level 3, 4-16 Yurong ST, East Sydney, NSW 2010 on Friday 6 October 2017 on the basis of the originality and creativity of each entrants’ answer to the Competition Question. Chance plays no part in the selection of the Prize winners. The Prize winners will be notified via email/mail on Monday 9 October 2017 and their names published on the National Geographic website from Friday 13 October 2017. The Prize must be claimed on the event date otherwise the tickets are forfeited.
16. All entrants agree to provide the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent with proof of identity, residency, age and/or proof of entry validity if selected as the Prize winner or if reasonably requested by the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent. Proof of age, identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Prize winner cannot provide suitable proof, that Prize winner will forfeit their Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
17. By entering the Competition, each entrant warrants that their entry is their own original work, and that they own all rights (including copyright) in their entry. Each entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any costs or loss incurred by the Promoter as a result of any breach of this warranty by the entrant.
18. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter, NGC Network (Australia) Pty Ltd, for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent the Prize winners from winning the Prizes or using the Prizes.
19. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disqualify at any time:
a) any entry (including those judged as a winning entry) which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes any objectionable content or profanity or which is potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory; or
b) any individual who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry (including those judged as a winning entry) that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to at any time, cancel or vary the Competition or to cancel or vary the award of the Prizes including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Promoter’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion):
a) a Prize winner does not satisfy the Competition entry requirements; or
b) the Promoter cannot conduct the Competition or award the Prize/s for any reason beyond its control.
21. In the event that the Promoter cancels or varies the Competition or varies or withdraws the Prizes it shall not:
a) be liable to any person for any loss or damage (including loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or
b) be required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
22. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries and all entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the entry into the Promoter’s database and NOT time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for outdated or incorrect contact details or contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on the relevant dates.
23. A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Competition is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. Entrants enter the Competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for (and the Prize winners agree to release the Promoter from liabilities relating to) any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury or sickness suffered or sustained including any due to the Promoter’s negligence) as a result of accepting or using the Prize or entering the Competition.
25. The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including, but not limited to, determining and notifying winners). Entrants are advised that their personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and their names as the winner may be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation and as set out in these terms and conditions. Entrants are also advised that from time to time, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to third parties (including, but not limited to, third party prize providers) for the purpose of administering prizes or for other purposes contemplated in these Terms and Conditions.
27. AUTOMATIC OPT-IN: BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION, UNLESS OTHERWISE ADVISED, EACH ENTRANT ALSO AGREES THAT THE PROMOTER:
a) MAY USE THE DATA FOR SUCH PROMOTIONAL, MARKETING, PUBLICITY, RESEARCH, PROFILING, AUTHENTICATION AND VERIFICATION PURPOSES AS THE PROMOTER SEES FIT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE PROMOTION OF THE PROMOTER’S BUSINESS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES;
b) WILL PROVIDE THE DATA FOR GAIN IN MONETARY TERMS OR OTHER PROPERTY, TO SUCH AFFILIATES AND UNAFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES AS THE PROMOTER SEES FIT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, PROMOTERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW);
c) MAY AUTHORIZE SUCH AFFILIATES AND THIRD PARTIES TO USE THE DATA FOR SUCH PROMOTIONAL, MARKETING, PUBLICITY, RESEARCH, PROFILING, AUTHENTICATION AND VERIFICATION PURPOSES AS SUCH AFFILIATES AND THIRD PARTIES SEE FIT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE PROMOTION OF THEIR RESPECTIVE BUSINESSES, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
28. IN RELATION TO 27(B) AND 27(C) ABOVE, YOU CONSENT TO BEING SENT PROMOTIONAL AND/OR MARKETING MATERIAL AND/OR OFFERS VIA EMAIL, SMS, DIRECT MAIL, TELEPHONE OR OTHERWISE FROM PROMOTER, ITS AFFILIATES AND UNAFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES.
29. BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION, YOU ALSO AGREE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF nationalgeographic.com.au AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE FREE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER. YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AND MEMBERSHIP DETAILS AT ANY TIME BY LOGGING ON AND EDITING YOUR DETAILS. If you require any further entry details please write to NGC Network (Australia) Pty Ltd, PO Box 847, Darlinghurst NSW 1300