MyCinema – Win a Copy of The Official Soundtrack for a Star Is Born (prize valued at $5,000)
See A STAR IS BORN to WIN $5,000 and make your dreams a
reality My Cinema Terms and Conditions of Participation
1. This promotion “See A STAR IS BORN to Win $5,000 and make your dreams a reality” My Cinema
(“Promotion”) is conducted by Independent Cinemas Australia Incorporated of P.O. Box 20, Eastwood, NSW
2122, ABN 14 546 264 865 (“Promoter”) trading as My Cinema. NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/27721; ACT Permit
No. TP 18/01711; SA Permit No. T18/1564.
2. Information on how to enter the Promotion and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry into this Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry is open to members of the public who are residents of Australia and who purchase a ticket to see the
movie “A STAR IS BORN” at participating independent cinema locations listed on the website
www.mycinema.com.au , complete the Online Entry Form and submit between the opening and closing dates of
the Promotion. Entry is not open to employees (and the immediate family of such employees) of the Promoter, or
the Sponsor of participating independent cinemas and the affiliates of all such parties. An immediate family
member means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child, parent, step-
parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or
5. Entries not completed correctly will not be eligible to enter the Promotion.
6. To be eligible, all entries must be lodged by 6pm on Wednesday 28 November 2018. Multiple entries
permitted subject to the following:
a) limit one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying Purchase (e.g. if four (4) Participating Tickets are
purchased in a single transaction, an entrant may submit four (4) separate entries for that transaction);
b) maximum of four (4) entries permitted per day;
c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry requirements
7. To be eligible, parent or guardian consent must be given any Entry Form submitted by a person under 18
years old and that parent or guardian must be able to accept the prize on behalf of the under-age person.
8. Directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Sponsor, participating
cinemas, and companies associated with this Promotion including prize suppliers are ineligible to enter the
9. The Promotion commences at 12:01am ADST on Wednesday 17 October 2018 and final entries close at 6pm
ADST on Wednesday 28 November 2018 (the “Promotional Period”). To be a valid entry, all of the necessary
information must be included with an entry and the entry must be received by the Promoter during the applicable
Promotional Period explained above. The movie ‘A STAR IS BORN’ may not be showing at every participating
cinema during the entire Promotional Period.
10. One Minor Prize will be drawn for each participating cinema by the Promoter using a random number
generator (see www.mycinema.com.au for participating cinemas and addresses) at midday on Thursday 29
November 2018. The Minor Prize winners will also have the chance to win the major prize.
11. The Major Prize draw will take place at the registered office of the Promoter on Wednesday 5 December
2018 at midday and the winners name and the name of their participating cinema will be announced in writing on
the website www.mycinema.com.au on that date and the Promoter will telephone the winner at the contact
number and advise the winner in writing on the My Cinema website and at the winner’s email address provided
on the winning Entry Form (or in writing at the postal address if no email is provided). The name of the winner
will remain on the website www.mycinema.com.au for as long as is required by law in each state that the
promotion is conducted.
12. The Promotion prizes consist of one national Major Prize of AUD$5,000 paid by EFT or Cheque, to be drawn
at the registered office of the Promoter in Sydney. Plus 65 Minor Prizes of A STAR IS BORN Soundtrack CD
each valued at $19.99 inc GST (total value $1,299.35) to be drawn for each participating cinema by the
I. The prize sponsor is Roadshow Films Pty Ltd (ABN 28 100 746 870 ) of 1 Garden Street, South Yarra
VIC 3141, Australia (“Sponsor”)
II. Unless expressly stated all other costs and expenses associated with taking the Major Prize are not
included and become the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner, including:
III. additional taxes;
IV. all other incidental and ancillary costs incurred by the Major Prize Winner as a direct or indirect result of
taking the Major Prize that are not otherwise stated as included in the Major Prize.
V. The Major Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the Major Prize Winner
is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not transferable to another person (unless agreed by
the Promoter) or exchangeable for other goods and services.
VI. The $5,000 prize will be payable to the Winner in Australian Dollars, by a crossed cheque made out to
the winner (or by EFT if the winner so requests) to their nominated account.
VII. Winner must be 18 years and over or have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter this
13. One entry will be drawn by the promoter from the entries from each participating cinema to win a Minor
Prize. The Minor Prize winners will be notified by phone or in writing by email within three days of being
14. The Major Prize will be drawn by random number generator in the presence of an independent person and
the draw will take place at the registered office of the Promoter, 310 Rowe Street, Eastwood NSW 2122, at
midday on Wednesday 5 December 2018. The winners name and the name of their participating cinema will be
announced in writing on the website www.mycinema.com.au on that date and the Promoter will telephone the
winner at the contact number and advise the winner in writing at the email address provided on the winning
15. The Minor Prizes and Major Prize will only go to a valid Entry Form with photo of movie ticket attached or
retained and presented on their draw. The Promoter’s decision is final and not subject to further
16. It is possible that tax implications may arise for prize winners from the prizes in this Promotion. Each prize
winner is advised to seek independent financial advice before accepting their prize.
17. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions or under law at any
stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. All entries become the property of the Promoter and the Promoter is not responsible if any entries are not
received by the Promoter for any reason. Entries will be deemed invalid if incomplete or forged in any way.
19. If the major prize winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize by 10.00am (ADST) on Wednesday 6
March 2019, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws at the head office of the Promoter as
may be deemed necessary to distribute the prize and avoid the relevant date passing. If required, a redraw of
the Major Prize will take place at 12.00pm (ADST) on Wednesday 6 March 2019, the winner/s name will be
published in writing online at www.mycinema.com.au on the same day and the Promoter will contact the winner
in writing at the details provided on the Entry Form. The name of the winner/s will remain on the website
www.mycinema.com.au for as long as is required by law in each state that the promotion is conducted.
20. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way
(including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or
viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend
or recommence the Promotion, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for its conduct.
21. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or
transmission of any communication including any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant
whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet
service providers, or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such
communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment
used for the conduct of the Promotion; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated
in the course of the administering this Promotion (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the
statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other
implied warranties under the Competition and Consumer Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State
and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be
excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, each of the Promoter and the Sponsor (including each
respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or
any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in
any way out of the Promotion.
23. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for, and the entrant releases the Promoter from responsibility for,
any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damage or injury to person or
property (including computer systems and servers) as a result of the entrant’s participation in this promotion or
the conduct of the promotion generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error, any technical problem
of any kind including communications or network failure, unauthorised access to, transferring or theft of data,
whether caused by the entrant or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct of this
promotion. If, because of any such problem, this promotion is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the
promotion’s administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, the Promoter may (where
necessary with the approval of the relevant Department) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion
and/or disqualify any entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion in any way.
24. Details from all entries will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting this promotion (which may
include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the promotion) and for publicity
purposes surrounding this promotion. By entering this promotion entrants’ consent to the use of their information
25. Unless otherwise indicated by the participant on the Entry Form, details from entries will be included in the
relevant participating cinemas email list and the My Cinema database to enable the entrant to receive
information about further promotions and movie news.