Mortage Choice – Settle any home loan through broker & – Win The Unclaimed Prize (prize valued at $5,000)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GAME OF CHANCE
Promoter Mortgage Choice Limited ABN 57 009 161 979 of Level 10, 100 Pacific
Highway, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia.
Competition The $5,000 Giveaway.
Entrants Australian residents aged 18 years and over.
Exclusions Employees of Promoter and the suppliers and agencies associated with this
Competition, and the immediate family of all such employees.
Entry Period Starts at 00:01 hours AEDT on Monday 3 December 2018 and ends at
23:59 hours AEDT on Monday 1 April 2019.
Entry Settle any home loan through a Mortgage Choice broker by 1 April 2019.
Limit One entry for each home loan settled during the Entry Period.
Draw 13:00 hours AEDT on Wednesday 3 April 2019 at
the offices of Engage Australia Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW
Notification The Winner will be notified by phone and confirmed by email Wednesday 3
Publication The Australian newspaper on Friday 5 April 2019.
Claim Period Within four weeks of the Draw.
13:00 hours AEST on Wednesday 1 May 2019 at the offices of Engage
Australia Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
The Winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within one day of the
Draw. The unclaimed prize winner will be published in the Australian on
Friday 3 May 2019.
Total Prize Value $5,000.00
(a) At the winner’s preference:
(i) the Prize will be awarded by cheque issued in the name
of the Winner; or
(ii) the Winner may elect bank transfer and must provide the
Promoter with a nominated account name, account
number and BSB within two days of being notified as the
(b) If the Winner chooses to accept the Prize by bank transfer the
Promoter will deposit the Prize into the Winners nominated bank
account within two business days of the bank details being provided
by the Winner. The availability of these funds may be subject to the
processing and clearing times applicable between the relevant
(c) The Winner may be required to sign a letter of authority that authorises
the Promoter to deposit the Prize into the Winner’s nominated bank
Permit Numbers NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/29986; ACT Permit No. ACT TP 18/02299.
The following terms and conditions apply to the Competition:
1. The promoter of the Competition is the Promoter.
2. By entering this Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The
Special Conditions, information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and
3. Entry is open only to the Entrants, excluding the Exclusions.
4. This Competition will be conducted during the Entry Period. Entries must be received by the
Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the Entry Period will not count towards
the Competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
5. To enter this Competition, Entrants must complete the Entry, subject to the Limit.
6. Entry to this Competition is free.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of an Entry and to disqualify an Entrant for
tampering with the entry process or for submitting an Entry that does not, in the Promoter’s sole
discretion comply with these Terms and Conditions.
8. All Entries become the property of the Promoter.
9. This Competition is a game of chance.
10. The 1 winner(s) of the Prize(s) (“Winner”) will be the first Entry drawn electronically at the Draw
from all entries received during the Entry Period. The result of the Draw is final and the Promoter
will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
11. The Winner will be notified in accordance with the Notification.
12. The Winner must claim the Prize within the Claim Period. The Promoter will not be responsible
for any delay, loss or damage to the Prize once it has left the Promoter’s or supplier’s premises.
13. If a Winner is unable to comply with these Terms and Conditions and/or does not claim the
Prize within the Claim Period, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct the Unclaimed Prize
Draw to distribute the Prize. The first valid Entry drawn will win the unclaimed Prize.
14. The prize consists of the Prize, valued at the Total Prize Value.
15. The Winner’s use of the Prize is subject to:
(a) any Special Conditions (if applicable); and
(b) additional terms and conditions imposed by the supplier(s) of the Prize (if any).
16. The Prize is not transferable and not redeemable other goods or services. The Prize must be
taken as a whole and as stated in these Terms and Conditions. No alternative will be provided
and no compensation will be payable if a Winner is unable to use the Prize.
17. The value of the Prize is correct as at the start of the Competition.
18. If the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the
right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification subject to
any direction by the regulatory authorities.
19. If an Entrant’s contact details changes between the date of entry and the Unclaimed Prize
Determination, the Entrant must notify the Promoter of his/her updated contact details.
20. The Promoter is bound by the Privacy Act 1988. Entrants’ personal information will be collected
by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to conduct the Competition, publicise the name of the
Winners and where Entrants have consented to the receipt of such information, send Entrants
marketing, advertising and promotional material.
21. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to third parties who assist the Promoter in
conducting this Competition, including regulatory authorities, entities which supply and deliver
the Prizes to the Winners, and marketing and communications agencies.
22. The Winners’ names will be published and retained as required by relevant legislation and as
specified in these Terms and Conditions.
23. Entrants can contact the Promoter by mail at Level 10, 100 Pacific Highway, North Sydney NSW
2060 or by telephone on (02) 8907 0444 to request access to, or corrections of, the Entrant’s
personal information held by the Promoter.
24. The Winner consents to the Promoter’s use of the Winner’s name, likeness, image, picture, voice,
statements, testimonials or quotations or promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any
media worldwide, without any fee being paid to the Winner.
RISK AND LIABILITY
25. The Winner participates in this Competition, and uses the Prize, at his or her own risk.
26. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and the suppliers, agencies and other companies
involved in this Competition assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, defect,
delay in operation or transmission, or loss or damage to data.
27. If this Competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason (including as a result of
technical failures, fraud or causes beyond the Promoter’s control), the Promoter may, in its sole
discretion, cancel, suspend or change the Competition and re-commence it on similar terms,
subject to any directions by regulatory authorities.
28. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their
respective officers, directors, employees and agents exclude liability for all loss (including loss of
data, unauthorised access to data and consequential loss), damage, expenses, death or
personal injury suffered or incurred arising out of, or in connection with, this Competition
(including in relation to each Winner’s participation in this Competition and use of the Prize).
29. These Terms and Conditions are subject to the applicable State or Territory trade promotion
lottery laws and authorities.
30. This Competition is authorised under the Permit Numbers.