Millionaire Hot Seat – Win $2500 With Millionaire Hot Seat (prize valued at $10,000)
“MILLIONAIRE HOT SEAT” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and
Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these
Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies
associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means
any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child
(whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-
grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-
sister or 1st
4. Promotion commences 5:00pm AEST on 06/05/19 and ends 11:59pm AEST
on 09/05/19 (“Promotional Period”). During the Promotional Period there will be
four (4) distinct periods of entry, with each entry period commencing from
5:00pm AEST each night between 06/05/19 and 09/05/19 and ends each night
at 11:59pm AEST between 06/05/19 and 09/05/19 inclusive (each an “Entry
To enter, eligible entrants must, during each Entry Period, visit
https://www.9now.com.au/millionaire-hot-seat locate the promotional entry
page, fill-in the entry form including their full name, contact number, valid and
current email address, suburb and state and an answer to the question in 25
words or less “What you would do with $1 million dollars, if you had to spend it
all in one day”? and submit the completed entry form.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and
entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and
Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or
other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of
the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s
discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does
not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover
damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be
substantially unique; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in
accordance with entry requirements.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the
right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. The judging for entries received in each Entry Period will take place each
morning at 9:00am AEST between 07/05/19 and 10/05/19 inclusive, at 717
Bourke Street, Docklands VIC 3008. Non-winning entries will be rolled over into
each judging period.
1. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the
answer provided to the promotional question.
2. The winner of each Entry Period will be announced during each Program
broadcast between 07/05/19 and 10/05/19 inclusive.
3. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The best one (1) valid entry in each Judging Period, as determined by the
judges, will each win $2,500.
5. Total prize pool value is $10,000. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable.
6. Prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated bank account.
7. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to
substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
8. Each entrant warrants that their entry is an original literary work of the entrant
that does not infringe the rights of any third party. As a condition of entering this
promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-
licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and
sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their
entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing
or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use,
attribution or liability.
9. It is a condition of entering the promotion that entrants consent to the Promoter
(or its agents or licensees) using the entrant’s name, as well as the name,
likeness, image and/or voice (including any recording, photograph and film of
the same) without remuneration during the broadcast of any Program for
unlimited runs by the Nine Network Australia for the purpose of conducting the
competition and/or broadcasting the Program. The inclusion of any material
containing the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including but not
limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter at all
times and the Promoter is under no obligation to use such material.
10. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being
conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties,
unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or
(b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
11. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s
responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
12. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports
to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under
the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties
under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and
Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability
that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all
liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage
(including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential,
arising in any way out of the promotion.
13. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-
Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers,
employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including
negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of
opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any
way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or
not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third
party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged
or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any
reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize
value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred
by a winner or entrant; (f) if any Program broadcast is cancelled or rescheduled
due to any reason beyond the control of the Promoter; or (g) any prize.
14. Entrants’ personal information will be collected by the Promoter. Personal
information will be stored on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter may use
this information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including
contacting the entrant electronically. The Promoter is bound by the Australian
Privacy Principles in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and its privacy
policy which is located at https://login.nine.com.au/privacy?client_id=9nowweb.
15. The Promoter is Nine Network Australia Pty Limited, ABN 88 008 685 407 of
24 Artarmon Rd, Willoughby, NSW 2068. You can contact the Promoter in
relation to the promotion by mail to this address or by telephone to (02) 9906