Melbourne City FC and McDonald’s are giving two lucky fooTBallers one boy and one girl the chance to become Melbourne City FC’s latest player signing – a Tour of The City FooTBall Academy (bundoora) for The Winner and Two Guests (prize valued at $2,173)
ABN 39 128 569 264
Promotion Terms and Conditions
Next Big Thing Competition, presented by McDonald’s
1. Promotion Next Big Thing Competition, presented by McDonald’s
2. Promoter Melbourne City FC Pty Ltd (ABN 39 128 569 264) of 2 Crissane Road Bundoora,
9.00am (AEDT) on 01/02/2021
11.50pm (AEDT) on 28/02/2021
Victoria residents aged 10-14 years and who are:
Not an employee of either Melbourne City FC or McDonald’s
Not otherwise directly connected to the promotion
Meet any additional eligibility requirements set out in the Conditions of Entry.
Please note: Eligible Entrants must have parental or legal guardian consent before
participating and submitting an entry to be considered eligible.
5. How to Enter During the Promotional Period, an Eligible Entrant must:
Visit the Next Big Thing competition page
Enter the required personal details into the entry form
Tell us in 150 characters or less why you think you are Melbourne City FC’s
next big thing
Have parent / guardian review your entry and consent to enter the competition
An Eligible Entrant may also submit a video, no more than 15MB, showcasing their
football skills as a bonus part of their entry into the competition.
Entry is free, and an Eligible Entrant may not submit more than one entry during the
The Promoter reserves the right to request that an Eligible Entrant provide contact
details of a parent / legal guardian as part of the verification process, and Melbourne
City FC requires the Competition T&Cs be signed by the winner’s parent or legal
guardian before the prize is awarded.
Melbourne City FC also permits (and encourages) the attendance of the prizewinner’s
parent/legal guardian during the awarding of the Major Prize at the City Football
Academy, who does not count towards the guest limit for the prizewinner.
Entries must be the original work of the Eligible Entrant and not previously published
6. Prize(s) Prize:
The prize consists of two separate Major Prizes.
Each Major Prize includes a tour of the City Football Academy
(Bundoora) for the winner and two guests, providing:
Meet and greet opportunities with Melbourne City FC key
personnel and players
Photoshoot with Club photographer
One-hour coaching session with Melbourne City FC for the
winner and a guest
One Melbourne City FC home kit for season 2020/21 including
a jersey, shorts and socks
One set of PUMA football boots
One set of PUMA sneakers / runners
Please note that COVID-safe protocols may need to be observed and
QR Code check-ins may be required, at Melbourne City FC’s
discretion, as a condition of participating in the awarding of the Prize.
Prize Value: $1,086.50
7. Prize Selection Method: The Promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in the selection
of the Prize winners.
Each valid entry will be individually judged according to its merits on
the basis of creativity and originality as determined in the complete
discretion of the Promoter. Two (2) entrants (one boy and one girl) will
be selected by the Promoter, based on their video submissions and
the above criteria.
Date: Monday 1 March 2021
Time: 12.00pm (AEDT)
Location: City Football Academy, Melbourne
2 Crissane Road
Bundoora VIC 3083
Notification: The two winners will be notified by email within two (2) days of the
prize selection date. Winners will be required to provide a reply email
acknowledgement to be considered to have accepted their prize, along
with an email providing the signed confirmed consent of a parent or
guardian to be considered to have accepted their prize.
Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the
winner(s) cannot be contacted or if the winner(s) fails to communicate
their acceptance of the prize to the Promoter within 7 days of being
contacted by the Promoter, or fails to provide the requested
information, or is unable to comply with the Promotion Details and
Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to: offer the
prize to the runner up, as provided in item 9 ‘Unclaimed Prizes’.
8. Publication of
Website https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/ for a period of 28 days
If the Prize is unclaimed, the Promoter determines that the winner is ineligible or the
winner notifies the Promoter that they can no longer claim the Prize, the Promoter will
award the Prize to the relevant runner up.
10. Other The Promoter reserves the right to publish any or all video components of the Entries
(including parts of Entries) and publication does not necessarily mean the Entrant has
won a Prize.
The Promoter does not claim any rights of ownership in your entry. As such, Entrants
will retain ownership of the copyright in their submitted Entries and, subject to any
license granted to the Promoter, you will also have the right to use your Entry however
By submitting your Entry and/or uploading your video on the Next Big Thing
competition page, you:
grant to Promoter, and parties authorised by the Promoter, an irrevocable,
perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free, transferrable license (with the right to
sub-license) to use, edit, reproduce, play, perform, modify, translate, distribute,
prepare derivative works of and/or to display your Entry (or part thereof) at the
Promoter sees fit in any medium or method (whether now or later developed)
to be exercised in the Promoter’s sole discretion throughout the world; and
irrevocably and unconditionally waive any moral rights relating to your Entry.
1. The Promotion Details and the Promotion Terms together form the terms and conditions of entry for the Promotion
(Terms and Conditions). By participating in this Promotion each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these
Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between the Promotion Details and the Promotion Terms, the terms of the
Promotion Details will prevail. Capitalised terms not otherwise defined in these Promotion Terms have the same
meaning as in the Promotion Details. A reference to an Item in these Promotion Terms means the corresponding
item in the Promotion Details.
3. The promoter is Melbourne City FC Pty Ltd (ABN 39 128 569 264) of 2 Crissane Road, Bundoora, Victoria 3083
4. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Entry is open to Eligible Entrants set out at Item 3. Directors, officers, management and employees (and the
immediate family members of directors, officers, management and employees) of the Promoter or any suppliers,
providers, companies and agencies associated with the Promotion are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family
member” means a spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, child, sibling or step-child, whether or not they live
in the same household.
6. Entrants must be at least the age specified in Item 3 of the Promotion Details. If permitted under Item 3 of the Promotion
Details, entrants under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian approval to enter and parental/guardian consent
to these Terms and Conditions before participating and submitting their entry. If the winner is under the age of 18
years, his/her parent or guardian will be required to consent in writing to these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter
reserves the right to request that an Entrant provide contact details of a parent / legal guardian as part of the submission
or winner verification process and may contact an Entrant’s parent or legal guardian to verify such prior permission.
As all winners will be under the age of 18, the Promoter requires the Competition T&Cs be signed by the winner’s
parent or legal guardian before the prize is awarded.
7. To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must complete the steps set out in Item 5 of the Promotion Details. Eligible
Entrants must provide all information required to enter the Promotion, which may include, but is not limited to, their
full name, gender, date of birth, residential address, current and valid email address, contact telephone number and
mobile telephone number.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, in its sole discretion, to:
(a) verify the validity of entries and entrants (including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, age and place of
(b) disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or
who tampers with the entry process; and/or
(c) disqualify at any time any entry that, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity
or is potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory.
9. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its
rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
10. Entries will be deemed to be accepted once Eligible Entrants have completed the steps set out in Item 4 of the
Promotion Details. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Contact details entered
incorrectly by an Eligible Entrant may deem their entry invalid. No responsibility will be taken for lost or misdirected
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine
the identity of the entrant.
12. The Promoter prohibits entries that violate the rights of others, include objectionable content or are unlawful or
potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory or obscene.
13. Entry to the Promotion will be free of charge.
14. The Winner of the Prize will not be charged a delivery or administrative fee.
15. In accordance with Item 9 of the Promotion Details, if for any reason a winner does not take a Prize by the time
stipulated by the Promoter, then that winner’s Prize will be forfeited.
16. If the awarding of the Prize involves a game of skill, then each valid entry will be individually judged according to its
merits on the basis of creativity and originality as determined in the complete discretion of the Promoter. All
decisions of the Promoter when judging the competition are final. If the awarding of the Prize involves a prize draw,
the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw, in its absolute discretion, in the event an entrant has not
claimed a prize within the timeframe prescribed in Item 9 (if relevant). If required or relevant, the Promoter will
conduct the unclaimed prize draws on a date determined by the Promoter at the same time and place as the original
draw, subject to state/territory regulations, and the winner(s) of that draw will be notified, and their details disclosed,
in the same manner as would have been required under the original draw.
17. The Promotor may substitute the winner of a Prize if that person is not readily identifiable and reasonable efforts
have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner.
18. If a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize
(or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a
19. The Prize Value(s) in these Terms and Conditions are in Australian dollars, include Australian GST where applicable
and are based on the recommended retail value of Prize components at the time of printing.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of any part of the Prizes. To the extent
permitted by law:
(a) the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability of the Prizes; and
(b) no compensation will be payable if, for any reason, a winner is unable to use the Prizes as stated.
21. The winner accepts the Prize ‘as is’ and acknowledges that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax
implications that may arise from the Prize.
22. If there is a prize draw, Entrants are not required to be present at the prize draw to be eligible to win, unless
(a) entry to the Promotion is only available in the premises in which the draw is to take place; and
(b) the draw takes place within 24 hours after the commencement of the Promotion.
23. The winners will be notified in writing by email within the timeframe prescribed in Item 7 of the Promotion Details
using the contact details provided to the Promoter on entry into the Promotion or subsequently as provided in the
Promotion Details. The winners’ details will be published at the website and for the time period set out in Item 8 of
the Promotion Details .
24. The Prizes are as stated and cannot be varied or transferred or exchanged for cash or goods. If, for any reason
whatsoever, the winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that
element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize.
Prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and are correct at time of printing.
25. Only one prize can be won by any single entrant.
26. Printing errors and other quality control matters will not be used as a reason for refusing a winning entry.
27. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters.
28. Any ticketed method of draw will allow each ticket in the draw a random and equal change of being drawn.
29. Subject to the approval of the relevant trade promotion regulators, if this promotion is interfered with in any way or is
not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Promoter, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical difficulties,
unauthorised intervention or fraud, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper
conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law
(a) to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process; or (b) subject to any written directions from a
regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
30. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information either caused by programming
associated with or utilised in the promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in
the course of the administration of the promotion including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in
operation or transmission, communications line, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or
unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
31. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the
internet service provider used.
32. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to
automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
33. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image, voice and/or entry if they are a winner
including photograph, film and/or recording of the same in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for
the purpose of promoting the Promotion including any outcome, and promoting any products, services or materials
manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or the supplier of the Prizes and any related use by the
34. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the winner agrees to participate in and cooperate with all reasonable media
editorial requests, including but not limited to, being interviewed, photographed and filmed and the winner grants the
Promoter a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use such footage and photographs in all
media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The inclusion of any such recordings,
footage or photographs (including but not limited to creative control of such recordings, footage or photographs) will
remain with the Promoter at all times.
35. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner (and their parent or legal guardian, if the winner is aged under 18
years) may be required to sign legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in its absolute
discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
36. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and its related entities and their respective
officials, servants, representatives, agents and sponsors (and any of their respective representatives), exclude all
liability (including liability in negligence) for any claim, personal injury, death, loss or damage (including loss of
opportunity), cost or expense that may be suffered, incurred or sustained by the entrant or the winner, whether
direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, arising
out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s
control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost,
altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
and/or (e) redemption and use by the winner of any Prize.
37. All entrants in the Promotion, including the winner, provide a release and indemnity to the Promoter and its officials,
servants, representatives, agents and sponsors (and any of their respective representatives) against any claim, loss,
damage, liability, cost and expense that may be incurred or sustained by the Promoter or its officials, servants,
representatives, agents and sponsors (and any of their respective representatives) arising out of any act, matter or
thing done, permitted or omitted to be done by the entrant including the winner in relation to the Promotion or the
38. The Promoter and its related entities and their respective officials, servants, representatives, agents and sponsors
(and any of their respective representatives) take no responsibility for defective Prizes or Prizes damaged or lost in
transit, or late, lost or misdirected mail.
39. The release and indemnity in clauses 36 and 37 (each a “relevant commitment”) is given by each entrant (including
the Winners) in favour of the Promoter. It is acknowledged that:
(a) the relevant commitment is given by each entrant and the winner for the benefit of the Promoter with the
intention that the Promoter is entitled to rely on and enforce the relevant commitment;
(b) the benefit of the relevant commitment is held by the Promoter on its own behalf; and
(c) the Promoter may enforce and recover under the relevant commitment.
40. Save as described in the Promotion Details item 10, the Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. Entrants’
personal information will be collected by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Promotion
(including for the purpose of identifying and notifying the winner). Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter may
disclose entrants’ personal information to other parties assisting in the administration of the Promotion including to
the Promoter’s related entities, prize suppliers, external service providers and authorities that regulate this
Promotion. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, the entrant consents to the Promoter, their collective related
entities and business partners (as applicable) using the entrants’ personal information for the purpose of sending
direct marketing messages with respect to programs, products and services available through any or all of them. The
name, address, phone number and email address of entrants may also be incorporated into the Promoter’s mailing
list for future promotional, marketing, publicity, research, profiling and analytical purposes. Entrants may be
contacted via electronic text messages, emails, mail and telephone. The Promoter will handle the entrants’ personal
www.melbournecityfc.com.au. Entrants may request access to or correction of their personal information held by the
Promoter by writing to the Melbourne City FC Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
41. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and each entrant agrees to
submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.