Lifestyle – Win a Kinsman Kitchen for your dream kitchen makeover valued at $20,000
LIFESTYLE’S KINSMAN KITCHENS COMPETITION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
“Closing Date” means 11:59 hrs on Wednesday 19 December, 2018.
“Commencement Date” means 12:00 hrs on Wednesday 31 October, 2018.
“Determination Date” means 13:00 hrs on Thursday 20 December, 2018.
“Entrant” means a person who enters the Promotion.
“Prize” means the prize or prizes offered in the Promotion.
“Promoter” means Foxtel Management Pty Ltd ABN 65 068 671 938, of 5 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde, NSW 2113.
“Promotion” means this competition.
“Promotion Period” means the period between the Commencement Date and the Closing Date.
“Relevant Parties” means the Promoter and the agencies and companies that are associated with the Promoter or the Promotion.
“Supplier” means the supplier of the Prize, Kinsman Kitchens Pty Ltd.
“Website” means the Lifestyle website, located at www.lifestyle.com.au.
“Winner” means the Entrant who in the Promoter’s discretion has the winning entry and wins a Prize, including in the Unclaimed Prize Award.
“Unclaimed Prize” means a Prize that has not been claimed or has been forfeited for any reason.
“Unclaimed Prize Date” means the date and time that the Promoter determines that the Prize is an Unclaimed Prize, being 13:00 hrs on Thursday 14 March, 2019.
“Unclaimed Prize Award Date” means the date and time that the Unclaimed Prize will be awarded to another Entrant by the Promoter, being 13:00 hrs on Thursday 21 March, 2019.
2. All times and dates are times and dates in Sydney, which may be AEST or AEDT depending on the date. All times are stated using the 24-hour clock. 00:00hrs is the start of a day and 24:00hrs is the end of a day.
1. The Promotion is conducted by the Promoter.
2. The Promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the Winner.
3. Entry to the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Promotion, Entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Promotion and to take the Prize if they are the Winner.
4. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
5. This Promotion will be advertised on the Website, via Foxtel electronic direct marketing, on-air broadcasts on the Foxtel platform and Facebook.
6. An Entrant is eligible to win the Prize if they:
a) are a permanent resident of Australia; and
b) are over the age of 18; and
c) and are not employees of:
i. the Promoter;
ii. the Supplier;
iii. any corporations or agencies related to the entities in paragraphs i. and ii. above; or
iv. any of the Relevant Parties;
d) are not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by marriage or adoption) of a person who is an employee of any of the entities listed in paragraph c) above; and
e) are an owner of the property where the Prize is to be installed; and
f) property where the Prize is to be installed is within 100km radius of one of the Suppliers showrooms located at the following addresses:
i. ALEXANDRIA – 45-59 O’Riordan Street, Alexandria NSW 2015;
ii. ARTARMON: 1 Frederick Street, Home HQ, North Shore, Artarmon NSW 2064;
iii. BLACKTOWN: 19 Stoddart Road, Homebase Centre Blacktown, Shop 17, Blacktown NSW 2148;
iv. CAMPBELLTOWN: 24 Blaxland Drive, Unit 13-15, Homebase Campbelltown, Campbelltown NSW 2560;;
v. CARINGBAH: 152 – 158 Taren Point Road, Lot 1, Caringbah NSW 2229;
vi. CHATSWOOD: Unit 2, 372 Eastern Valley Way, Chatswood NSW 2067;
vii. ERINA: 620 – 658 Terrigal Drive, Shop Axa 05, Erina Fair Shopping Centre, Erina NSW 2250;
viii. KOTARA: 150 Park Avenue, Unit 12 Kotara Homemaker Centre, Kotara NSW 2289;
ix. PENRITH: 88-90 Mulgoa Road, Henry Lawson Centre, Penrith NSW 2750;
x. TEMPE: 5 Bellevue Street, Tempe NSW 2044;
xi. WARRAWONG: 79-85 King Street, Warrawong NSW 2502;
xii. BAYSWATER: Tenancy 2, 224-234 Canterbury Road, Bayswater VIC 3153;
xiii. CHADSTONE: 675 – 685 Warrigal Road, Tenancy 6, Homeplus Homemaker Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148;
xiv. DANDENONG: Tenancy 1, 55-67 Frankston – Dandenong Road, Dandenong VIC 3175;
xv. FRANKSTON: 111 Cranbourne Road, Frankston Power Centre, Shop M5, Frankston VIC 3199;
xvi. MARIBYRNONG: 2-6 Sloane Street, Maribyrnong VIC 3032;
xvii. NARRE WARREN: Fountain Gate Super Centre, Victor Crescent, Showrooms 12 & 13, Narre Warren VIC 3806;
xviii. NUNAWADING: 372-394 Whitehorse Road, Tenancy 7, Home Hq, Nunawading VIC 3131;
xix. PRESTON: 11a Murray Road, Northland Homemaker Centre, Preston VIC 3072;
xx. THOMASTOWN: 30 Dalton Road, Thomastown VIC 3074;
xxi. FYSHWICK: 1 Barrier Street, Fyshwick ACT 2609;
xxii. BUNDALL: Unit 1a, 13-15 Upton Street, Bundall QLD 4217;
xxiii. CARSELDINE: 1915-1925 Gympie Road Bald Hills, Carseldine Homemaker Centre, Tenancy 4.9, Carseldine QLD 4036;
xxiv. HELENSVALE: 502 Hope Island Road, Homeworld Helensvale, Shop No.15, Helensvale QLD 4212;
xxv. KAWANA WATERS: 220 – 224 Nicklin Way, Warana QLD 4575;
xxvi. LUTWYCHE: 412 – 430 Lutwyche Road, Lutwyche QLD 4030;
xxvii. MAROOCHYDORE: 12/50 Plaza Parade, Maroochydore QLD 4558;
xxviii. MT GRAVATT: Unit B 1230 Logan Road, Mt. Gravatt Homemaker Centre, Mt Gravatt QLD 4122;
xxix. OXLEY: 2140-2148 Ipswich Road, Oxley QLD 4075.
7. Entry to the Promotion commences on the Commencement Date and closes on the Closing Date.
8. To enter the Promotion, an Entrant must, during the Promotion Period:
a) go to the Website; and
b) click on the Promotion link; and
c) complete all of the required data entry fields on the entry form; and
d) answer the following question, in 25 words or less: “What does your dream kitchen look like?” (the “Entry Question”).
9. An Entrant’s entry must not be:
e) unlawful or capable of violating any law or giving rise to a civil action;
g) defamatory or libellous;
h) threatening or harassing;
i) pornographic or contain nudity;
k) offensive against a person or group of persons on the grounds of age, colour, gender, national or ethnic origin, disability, race, religion or sexual preference;
l) incite or be capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
m) in violation of the social media guidelines, rules or terms of service of the relevant social media site or platform used to enter the Promotion.
10. Entrants may enter the Promotion multiple times over the Promotion Period, provided that each answer to the Entry Question is unique.
11. The Entrant warrants that their entry including the response and any photos, images or videos (“Entry Material”) is: their own original work; it is not copied in any manner from any other work; and does not infringe the copyright, moral rights, trademark rights or any other rights of any third party.
12. Entrants retain all ownership in their Entry Material. However, by submitting their Entry Material, Entrants hereby grant the Promoter an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display the Entry Material for the purposes of conducting and promoting this Promotion, awarding the Prize and advertising and marketing the Promoter or the Promotion on all media now known or later devised, in perpetuity.
13. By entering the Promotion, Entrants consent to any use of their Entry material by the Promoter which may otherwise infringe an Entrant’s moral rights in the Entry Material, including (without limitation);
a) Exercising any of the rights in the Entry Material without identifying the Entrant; and
b) Using the Entry Material in any way that the Promoter sees fit, even if it results in derogatory treatment of the Entry Material (as defined in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).
14. Each Entrant warrants that:
a) they have the full power and capacity to grant the rights, warranties and consents set out in these Terms and Conditions;
b) they will fully indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage suffered by the Promoter:
i. in the event that any of the warranties given by the Entrant are false;
ii. as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Entrant; and
c) they have consent from each person appearing in the Entry Material (or if a person appearing in the Entry Material is under the age of 18, from that person’s parent or guardian).
15. Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not the time of transmission by the Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications services or equipment.
16. Entry via website is free. However, any costs associated with accessing a website or app in order to make their entry, are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the service provider used.
17. Entrants must make their website entries manually. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the entry has been made using automated entry means or by use of a computer entry service.
18. Should an Entrant’s contact details change at any time between the date on which they enter the Promotion and the Unclaimed Prize Date, that Entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
19. All entries to the Promotion may be subject to verification by the Promoter. An Entrant must, within seven (7) days of being asked and at the Promoter’s cost, allow the Promoter to inspect and copy any documents that the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter the Promotion, including but not limited to receipts, property ownership, evidence of age, residence and identity.
20. The Promoter may decide in its sole discretion which documents are considered suitable for establishing eligibility to enter or win. In the event that the Winner cannot provide suitable proof of eligibility, they will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute or compensation will be offered.
21. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party, or otherwise by proxy, will be invalid.
22. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Entrant to be invalid if the Entrant:
a) fails to establish their entitlement to win the Promotion to the Promoter’s satisfaction; or
b) fails to produce items as required by these Terms and Conditions or produces items that appear to be illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
c) appears, to the Promoter, to have tampered with, or benefited from tampering with, the entry process; or
d) has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
23. There will be one (1) Winner determined from all entries received during the Promotion Period. The Winner will receive the Prize as listed below.
24. The Winner will be determined on the Determination Date by the Promoter at 5 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde, NSW 2113. The Winner will be the Entrant who, in the sole opinion of the judges, has most creatively answered the Entry Question.
25. The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Winner will be notified by email within two (2) days of the Determination Date.
27. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize is
an Unclaimed Prize, it will be awarded to another Entrant on the Unclaimed Prize Award Date and will be conducted by the Promoter. The Winner of the Unclaimed Prize Award will be notified by email within two (2) days of the Unclaimed Prize Award Date.
28. The Prize is one (1) Kinsman Kitchens cabinets (from the Designer or Xpress Kitchen range) and Silestone benchtop (benchtop up to the value of $5000) pack (products available at the Suppliers discretion), including design, delivery and labour for cabinet and benchtop installation only. The Prize is to be redeemed in full within one (1) year of notification of winning.
THE TOTAL PRIZE POOL FOR THIS PROMOTION IS VALUED AT A MAXIMUM of $20,000.00.
29. All Prize values are correct as at the Commencement Date and are reflective of the recommended retail price and are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in the Prize values.
30. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include:
a) kitchen lighting, glass splashbacks, tiles, appliances other than specified, ceiling lighting or flooring or other kitchen accessories including but not limited to sink, taps, refrigerator etc;
b) any gas, electricity, water or associated costs incurred before, during or after the claiming, installing and using of the Prize;
c) any accommodation, meals or other spending money incurred in relation to or ancillary to claiming or using the Prize;
d) any other ancillary or incidental expenses incurred in connection with the Prize, whether before, during or after installation;
e) any insurances or taxes;
f) any construction, electrical, tiling or plumbing services;
g) any ongoing maintenance costs;
h) any costs in excess of the allocated budget per component of the Prize or any other ancillary costs associated with redeeming this Prize.
31. The Winner is responsible for sourcing any relevant trades people to complete required works outside of installing the cabinetry and benchtops including but not limited to plumbing, electrical and tiling. Such works may need to be completed prior to the Prize being installed. The Suppliers team will make all reasonable attempts to assist the Winner with contacts for these trades.
32. If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by the Winner or any other party if the Prize is unavailable for any reason.
33. The Prize cannot be refunded or exchanged and, except as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions, cannot be taken as a monetary payment. In the event that the Winner does not take or redeem a component of the Prize within one (1) year of notification of winning, that component will be forfeited by the Winner and monetary payment will not be awarded in lieu of that component.
34. Unless expressly stated all other costs and expenses associated with taking the Prize become the responsibility of the Winner.
35. The Prize must be claimed by the Winner by the Unclaimed Prize Date. All aspects of each Prize must be taken together as a package. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the Prize or an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the Winner.
36. The Prize may be transferred at the Promoter’s sole discretion. In the event that the Promoter exercises its discretion to allow the Winner to transfer the Prize, the transfer will be on the condition that the transferee accepts all terms and conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions and the Promoter may require such acceptance in writing at its absolute discretion.
37. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a Winner to take part in an aspect of a Prize, if the Promoter determines, based on the advice of an appropriate and relevant medical professional, that a Winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in that aspect Prize.
38. The Winner is advised that tax implications may arise from them winning the Prize and they should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting the Prize.
39. Once the Prize has left the Promoter’s/Supplier’s premises, the Promoter and the Relevant Parties will not be responsible for any delay in delivery or loss or damage to the Prize.
40. If the Determination Date or Unclaimed Prize Determination Date is a public holiday, the determination will be conducted on the following business day.
41. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
42. Any cash component of the Prize will be issued to the Winner as a cheque in the Winner’s name and crossed “not negotiable.”
43. The Prize will be awarded to the Winner in the Promoter’s sole discretion.
44. By entering the Promotion, the Winner and their Guest agree that:
a) if requested by the Promoter, the Winner and their Guest will:
i. provide comments about the Promotion and/or a photograph or audio-visual clip of themselves; and
ii. participate in a promotional shoot in connection with the Promotion;
b) the Promoter may use their name, image, comments, photographs or clips (“Materials”) for publicity and promotional purposes in any form of media, without reference or compensation to the Winner and their guest/s or any other person;
c) the Promoter may use, reproduce, edit and communicate to the public the Materials at any time in any form of media;
d) the Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same; and
e) the Winner and their guest/s unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials and waive all moral rights in the Materials.
45. The size and style of the accessories included in the Prize will be determined at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
46. The Promoter reserves the right to take any action necessary in its sole discretion at any time.
47. To the full extent permitted by the law, Facebook and the Relevant Parties will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim, cost, expense or personal injury suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to, that caused by any person’s negligence) by any Entrant in connection with the Promotion or the Prize, including:
a) any indirect, economic or consequential loss or loss of profits;
b) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and
c) any liability for personal injury or death.
48. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or take any other action, including to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion.
49. The Winner acknowledges that the Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The Winner and Guest must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to taking the Prize and the Winner and Guest agree to be bound by such terms and conditions. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the Prize, or for the breach of those conditions by any person.
50. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter is not responsible for:
a) any problems or technical malfunction with any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion;
b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused either by users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in connection with the Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the Promotion; or
c) any error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft; or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or Entrants’ details.
51. Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website associated with this Promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Promoter reserves the right to seek damages in the fullest extent permitted by law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
52. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales. The Promoter and all Entrants irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New South Wales.
53. These rules are Terms and Conditions and constitute the entire terms and conditions between the Entrant and the Promoter with respect to the Promotion. The Promoter may alter, modify, or amend these Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion and will only provide Entrants with notice of substantial amendments.
54. Except for the ‘Entry Material, all entries become the property of the Promoter.